Save Obsidian Orbital - Humanity UNITE!

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Show me the money first!

money.jpg

There's more where that came from!

If Obsidian Orbital were not an anarchy, but say a Democracy, a Cooperative or Communist, would that change anyone's views? If we can save the station I am sure we can also organise a regime change, if we can agree on which faction should control it.

It's better as anarchy.

Do I get this right? Now you're trying to tell me that I should paddle couple million tons of materials to repair a station,
-being in middle of nowhere that has been planted there by no real properly explained reason that makes sense, by superpowers hand-in-hand, who deliberately decided to stick a secret nose of a secret agenda in thargs business who also half heartedly act as if it's all a coincidence
-being run by and is housing mobs and thugs in an anarchy every man for himself enviorement for individuals
-being a place where superpowers lurk (or used to) about in force
-being a place where said space grasshoppers started disabling and crippling or opening holes in stations in relation with a shady group for some suspicious reason but for some another suspicious reason did NOT ended up destroying them
-being a place where I am offered highly suspiciously quick invented AX weapons to take on thargs blindly who we know as highly aggressive as a race but happen to not exactly be hostile towards us individual random pilots
-being a big mass created out of thin air pretty fast but for some reason now requiring massive aid of individual few people as somehow superpowers now lack ability, fleet and logistic to patch a few holes in speed of a couple days

just by a sense of blind duty? It'll be a cold day on surface of the Sol star before I dive in blindly into a shadowy mess of a joint-scheme of the superpowers, like a perfect pawn yet to see what is actually going on.

For what its worth i'll be there xbox side in cutter hauling as much as I can

I was docked in OA when the goids attacked !!!!!

And i miss farming the Prof Palin mission

Do I get this right? Now you're trying to tell me that I should paddle couple million tons of materials to repair a station,
-being in middle of nowhere that has been planted there by no real properly explained reason that makes sense, by superpowers hand-in-hand, who deliberately decided to stick a secret nose of a secret agenda in thargs business who also half heartedly act as if it's all a coincidence
-being run by and is housing mobs and thugs in an anarchy every man for himself enviorement for individuals
-being a place where superpowers lurk (or used to) about in force
-being a place where said space grasshoppers started disabling and crippling or opening holes in stations in relation with a shady group for some suspicious reason but for some another suspicious reason did NOT ended up destroying them
-being a place where I am offered highly suspiciously quick invented AX weapons to take on thargs blindly who we know as highly aggressive as a race but happen to not exactly be hostile towards us individual random pilots
-being a big mass created out of thin air pretty fast but for some reason now requiring massive aid of individual few people as somehow superpowers now lack ability, fleet and logistic to patch a few holes in speed of a couple days

just by a sense of blind duty? It'll be a cold day on surface of the Sol star before I dive in blindly into a shadowy mess of a joint-scheme of the superpowers, like a perfect pawn yet to see what is actually going on.

The trick is to get us all in it, once we have all made our hands bloody and dirty we cannot backup and say "their fault" because then it would be all ours fault too and we would have to join whatever measurement they dictate.

So I stay neutral, and even in case of an emergency evacuation back home to the bubble one would need a lot convincement why I should help and care some bloody anarchists who never cared about what happened to others.

The trick is to get us all in it, once we have all made our hands bloody and dirty we cannot backup and say "their fault" because then it would be all ours fault too and we would have to join whatever measurement they dictate.
yes, yes, i'm sure it's all an elaborate plot. IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW WOW

Until such time as we are able to prevent a station being attacked and put out of action in the first place reparing a known target is pointless.

Besides I think we're intruding in 'their' space anyway so no I won't be joining to repair an invading army's foward base.

Until such time as we are able to prevent a station being attacked and put out of action in the first place reparing a known target is pointless.

Besides I think we're intruding in 'their' space anyway so no I won't be joining to repair an invading army's foward base.

If I remember correctly, we built Obsidian Orbital out there before there were any Thargoid related sites out there, etc., but feel free to correct me if that isn't the case.

verminstar

Banned
Wow, lots of bug lovers in here.

No love fer thargoids either, but they ain’t done me no harm.

Humans on the other hand...well that’s another story.

Fact of the matter being we setup shop in their backyard...if they had done the same thing to us, then it’s an invasion from a hostile and aggressive force. But we did that to them which means humans are the invaders. By all means explain the logic here that leaves humanity as the good guys ^

If I remember correctly, we built Obsidian Orbital out there before there were any Thargoid related sites out there, etc., but feel free to correct me if that isn't the case.

great so on saturday when you are not at home and on a weekend trip I come to your lawn and on Sunday if you still aren't at home I set up a tent, and then I complain when you come home claiming I sit in your gaden and I say: "Nope I was here first". :D

Last edited:

Yeees we put that thing there even though that area had no outstanding properties on its own. Just a happy little coincidence.

xwmSRTf.jpg

https://community.elitedangerous.com/en/galnet/uid/599e9f98c10d1126640e8902
Meanwhile, in an article for the Imperial Herald, journalist Kelvin Masters gave a more frank analysis:

“The barnacles seem to indicate that the Thargoids were in Maia and Merope long before we were. For all we know, humanity has expanded into what the Thargoids see as their territory.

Last edited:
Top Bottom