Dove Enigma UA bombed, preventing completion of its voyage in time for the man it was named for.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
But its not about him, but about forum warriors howling for divine intervention so they can feel good. Instead of actually doing something themselves.

The whole "dying commander" issue falls apart when people are not willing to actuaöly do something against the UA bombing and instead pose on the forum filled with righteous wrath.

Wouldn't surprise me if you were involved in the ua bombing. You do nothing but defend the action.

It can also be used to make a list of those vile excuses for human beings who feel it's appropriate to UA bomb something like this so that they can be perma-banned.

Quite. Personally, I'm screenshotting for future use.

Get off your high horses, Frontier isn't going to ban anyone for breaking your imaginary rules.

They set up this event as covered by the normal rules of gameplay (they even added a black market which is pure UA bait), and somebody used regular gameplay to disrupt it.

Wouldn't surprise me if you were involved in the ua bombing. You do nothing but defend the action.

Let's assume he was? What then?

Last edited:
Not correct. I think I've consistently argued that I think engaging people in the game is the point of the tribute.

What would you rather have:

a) a static beacon that no one visits.

or

b) a playable in game asset which when attacked motivates the community to go and do something about it?

I agree with what you are saying, but do you not think it was a bad choice putting a black market on the ship? Personally I think whatever dev assigned the ship would see it as an error in hindsight. I can't see any reason why this particular ship should have a black market for making profits out of drugs/slaves and also be susceptible to attacks using alien tech.. No reason at all. We wouldn't have this thread if a little forward thinking was applied, and we have all seen innocent dev mistakes because a situation was not properly thought through. They are human after all.

Now if all stations and ships had a black market, fair enough, but this ship was probably given one with no thought at all.

Last edited:
Alright, I'm temporarily suspending a BGS operation I'm involved in and am moving to deliver 52 tons of Meta-Alloys to Dove's Enigma as soon as possible. I wish it could be more, but this caught me at a transition point in my fleet. I've also passed the word along to some other people I think might be interested in helping.

This, right here. ^^^^^^

Not incidentally, this is exactly what you do with cancer as well - rally up and kick its butt best you can. I won't be able to help personally, but I'll spread the word best I can.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Jesus dude, there is nothing more useless than a PvEer's KoS list. Take your rage and channel it into literally anything else.

You think just because I prefer Solo means I never go into Open? I do when I have a reason to.

See ya in the black! ;) And bring your "A" Game.

I agree with what you are saying, but do you not think it was a bad choice putting a black market on the ship? Personally I think whatever dev assigned the ship would see it as an error in hindsight. I can't see any reason why this particular ship should have a black market for making profits out of drugs/slaves and also be susceptible to attacks using alien tech.. No reason at all. We wouldn't have this thread if a little forward thinking was applied, and we have all seen innocent dev mistakes because a situation was not properly though through. They are human after all.

Now if all stations and ships had a black market, fair enough, but this ship was probably given one with no thought at all.

Yeah I agree with that entirely. It's be nice to know though if this is what CMDR DoveEnigma13 intended, did FD contact him and discuss any details of how to proceed with this event?

It seems weird that this guy apparently loves Elite, yet all his supposed supporters think he's not good enough to play the game as it exists. If he can handle cancer, I'm sure he can handle a state change in a video game. Did the cancer dude himself ask for special rules, or it just these... supporters?

I’ve had a relative die of cancer.

It’s not even remotely trivial. It destroys people, and not just the people that have it. And here’s the thing: staying in good spirits is sometimes all that keeps cancer victims alive.

So like, what's the significance of this particular ship? I've not heard of it before?

Ah OK I've checked it out now, not entirely sure why someone would want to UA bomb it. Usually one would do that to get at particular care bear type individuals, but this is some guy's dying wish so maybe wait until he's at least been able to make it?

Last edited:

I dont defend the action.
I do not pretend to rage in holy wrath either, while not being able or willing to help either.

People should either help with meta alloys, or help the girl by setting up an education fund or something similar.

Coming to the forum and asking third persons (FD) to do something so the forum warriors can strike a righteous good-person-pose because they are such good persons while actually doing nothing bjt talking is hypocritical.

They want others to do something so they can do nothing and feel good.

Last edited:
Bwahahahahahaha (breath) bwahahahahahahaha....
Pick me, pick me! I think its awesome. Did it right under everyone's nose. o7 to whatever group pulled this off. :)

ryan_m

Banned
You think just because I prefer Solo means I never go into Open? I do when I have a reason to.

See ya in the black! ;) And bring your "A" Game.

Add me in game. ryan_m17.

Let me know when you feel like eating a rebuy or two.

Goose4291

Banned
It can also be used to make a list of those vile excuses for human beings who feel it's appropriate to UA bomb something like this so that they can be perma-banned.

Go thrash a dead horse somewhere else. Firstly its pathetic over reaction and secondly its giving the person who did it exactly what they want.

Alternatively, back in the world, lets get a plan together as to how to fix it.

As a participant from the beginning, I am truly saddened that this happened, but definitely not entirely surprised.

Some people are total tools and have no comprehension. But it definitely takes a real turd person to mess with someone while they're trying to enjoy an activity on their death bed.

If I ever met this person, I would have no trouble telling them to their face very much the same thing.

Always has to be someone out there willing to play the reason why humans are probably some of the worst things on this planet.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom