Distant Worlds II Event DW2 PS Edition

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
See here for all the details: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...Distant-Worlds-II-Fleet-Roster-Sign-Up-Thread

For general questions about the expedition use the above thread. For PS4 related questions, you can post here.

The Expedition Leader for the PS4 contingent is CMDR allcrowsareblack while her Deputy is CMDR WilfridSephiroth (you can find us here on the forum or on Discord under the same names). All the DW2-related communications will take place in the FleetComm Discord Server.

As for PS4-specific comms, you can join the Distant Worlds 2 Community on the Playstation Network.

Join us! This will be an exploration-driven expedition like never before, fully exploiting the new exploration gameplay mechanics that will be part of the last Beyond update, in Q4 of 2018. You can be an explorer, a miner, a Fuel Rat, a prospector...and more, all within the framework of the new Squadrons. Come on, let's show them PCMR peeps that we PS4 people are a force to be reckoned with! ;)

UPDATE: Distant Worlds 2: Fleet Logistics is recruiting gatherers to help with prelaunch activity. We'll be gathering every single rare across the bubble and beyond. See more details here. Every ship can contribute: even just a few tons of cargo can make the difference.

If you're interested, join and Signup here to discuss ship loadouts routes: Discord and Gatherer and Trucker Signup

Last edited:

Deleted member 110222

D
I'm signed up as an Xbox pilot. Of course I'm taking my Cobra!

Deleted member 110222

D
I've signed up too, need to sort out the ship before it kicks off, engineer an Anaconda for exporation before or after 3.0 drops?

I'd wait for 3.0. Ignore the naysayers. New system is better, as you actually know you'll see improvement on every roll.

My PS4, AspX and myself is in for the journey ahead..
Have already begun to prepare my Asp and done a few shorter trips to try out some different setups and to fill up with nice to have materials.

Thanks for the heads up, I just signed up as well. Planning to take my Exploraconda - just starting building her up and waiting for the new engineering system to do a few rolls :)

I’ve signed up as it sounds like a blast! I’m taking my Exploraconda. Hopefully the Beyond update will include some nice exploration improvements. If enough people sign up then maybe FDev will add some special stuff for the expedition :)

Hi everyone! It’s great to see you all signing up!

I’m really excited to be leading the PS contingent of this epic Expedition and I can’t wait to see what roles you all take up!

You should know that this is being organised with PS CMDRs in the team so this time we are in as equals. Like Synoptic says above, let’s show ‘em what we’re made of!

We had 85 PS CMDRs the Enigma Expedition, we can top that for DW2 for sure!

Anyone who is signed up please FR me on PSN, just mention DW2. I will add you to the Allcrowsareblack PG, which will be used for those wishing make use of a PG during the Expedition, I will also add you to my ED Messages group.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

o7

Last edited:
I heard there will be a defensive combat wing that players can sign up for. Does this mean the expedition will be played in Open? I personally won't be joining this expedition, but I would like to track your progress on my galaxy map.

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
I heard there will be a defensive combat wing that players can sign up for. Does this mean the expedition will be played in Open? I personally won't be joining this expedition, but I would like to track your progress on my galaxy map.

I am not sure what the plan is, I would be happy to play it in Open but its up to the leaders on PS4 to choose as DW2 itself says there is no set mode required.

I am not sure what the plan is, I would be happy to play it in Open but its up to the leaders on PS4 to choose as DW2 itself says there is no set mode required.

If everyone equipped just one weapon (make it lightweight), you could defend against even engineered ships by numbers alone, assuming instances like we had at Dove Enigma. I'm not sure a typical "grief ship" could even keep up with exploration ships for long. It would add an element of fun / suspense, kinda like being part of the Galactica Fleet (griefers being Cylons).

Then again, I'd be surprised if DW2 fleet admirals choose Open...

If everyone equipped just one weapon (make it lightweight), you could defend against even engineered ships by numbers alone, assuming instances like we had at Dove Enigma. I'm not sure a typical "grief ship" could even keep up with exploration ships for long. It would add an element of fun / suspense, kinda like being part of the Galactica Fleet (griefers being Cylons).

They probably won't, but we're not necessarily to follow. Let's wait and see what the turnout is, and monitor the usual channel for bad-boys activity ;)

Why do I have to use a separate internet realted process to join. With the exception of my tablet and ED connection, I don't use nor have a pc any longer to do the required sign up. Though one can I suppose copy paste from a tablet, I don't know how and can't seem to figure if it's even possible, thus, I can't sign up. I've read the application and one is required to copy paste something into an email.

Any one know how to copy pasted from a tablet?

Last edited:

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Why do I have to use a separate internet realted process to join. With the exception of my tablet and ED connection, I don't use no have a pc any longer to do the required sign up. Though one can I suppose copy paste from a tablet, I don't know how and can't seem to figure if it's even possible, thus, I can't sign up. I've read the application and one is required to copy paste something into an email.

Any one know how to copy pasted from a tablet?

I signed up using my android phone so it should work fine by using your tablet. It just links to a google doc, your phone or tablet web browser should be fine.

Hi! I tested the signup on an iPad so that should work fine too. The signup post links to a Google form intended to avoid issues like this. If you continue to have issues, please pm me and I’ll see what I can do...

Hi everyone! It’s great to see you all signing up!

I’m really excited to be leading the PS contingent of this epic Expedition and I can’t wait to see what roles you all take up!
You should know that this is being organised with PS CMDRs in the team so this time we are in as equals. Like Synoptic says above, let’s show ‘em what we’re made of!

We had 85 PS CMDRs the Enigma Expedition, we can top that for DW2 for sure!

Anyone who is signed up is welcome to FR me on PSN, just mention DW2

o7

I’ll send you a friend request on PSN later on if that’s ok? Be good to have comms out in the Black. Is your PS ID the same as your forum name?

I’m not taking any weapons, however, I am taking a fighter bay with both an AX and a standard fighter in case of Thargoid / Player / unknown attacks. So hopefully I can help out if the situation turns hairy.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom