3.0 offers absolutely no protection against big player ships griefing small player ships

That's horrible advice. These types of situations are easily avoided and easy to escape from with just a minor amount of skill. He would have a much more enjoyable time learning some Escape tactics then playing in a sterile environment.

You've got it wrong these people don't want to learn on how to improve their skills and in game capabilities to enhance their gaming experiences. C&P was their one true messiah to same them from a negative experience that is shared world game play. It has failed them and as such they must back to normie safe space that is pg/solo.

You've got it wrong these people don't want to learn on how to improve their skills and in game capabilities to enhance their gaming experiences. C&P was their one true messiah to same them from a negative experience that is shared world game play. It has failed them and as such they must back to normie safe space that is pg/solo.

The beautiful thing about PG/SOLO is that attitudes like yours can be avoided entirely.

The best advice that you can give your friend is

1. Never ever fly without covering the rebuy costs.

2. Always be aware of who's in your instance & what they are up to. If any player makes any move towards your ship then you either fight or flee.

A player ramming your ship is a sign that's not good & needs to be acted upon. I certainly wouldn't have been around for the second or third ramming to occur.

2. Always be aware of who's in your instance & what they are up to. If any player makes any move towards your ship then you either fight or flee.

A player ramming your ship is a sign that's not good & needs to be acted upon. I certainly wouldn't have been around for the second or third ramming to occur.

Good advice Doc - if you see another CMDR in your instance, make sure you are aware of their intentions and have an exit strategy ready if they attack. If you dont fly in open with "ctrl B", then always check your radar for that hollow square - or triangle.

Which is why he isn't flying his ship now, because he can't afford the next rebuy. He rebought his ship once he was murdered. After he couldn't rebuy another.

You didn't say that,it sounded like he couldn't rebuy after the death,not after death and after 1st rebuy !!!

play solo/group, solved?

thats why i hate solo/group, people going there to hide and then their only problem is landing gear doesnt match ship texture from shop.

Which is why he isn't flying his ship now, because he can't afford the next rebuy. He rebought his ship once he was murdered. After he couldn't rebuy another.

Which is more important then that you & your friend go off & do something else between you both, that'll make money for you both & allow him to have a rebuy fund. It doesn't have to be hanging around in open, form your own Private group for a while.

Going back to your post though, the new C&P isn't strictly there to offer protection against griefers.....it's there to make the said griefers more accountable for their actions.

I love the "open is best" versus the "go play solo" arguments but they are completely moot. Some players do want to stay in open and learn to avoid this type of event and others don't. It is personnel choice not something others can just generalise about.
OP - once you stop your friend ranting then take this as a learning experience (there are a lot of them in ED) that you should not fly without rebuy and that players don't always play nice. From that experience then decide what to do next, there are plenty of options to avoid destruction from other players both while remaining in open or by leaving open. I was pretty irritated/upset when I lost my Asp as a relative newbie but you get over it and ensure it doesn't happen again by taking steps to avoid that situation. N.B. I remained in open but it is your choice, I've also used private groups at times.

I love the "open is best" versus the "go play solo" arguments but they are completely moot. Some players do want to stay in open and learn to avoid this type of event and others don't. It is personnel choice not something others can just generalise about.
OP - once you stop your friend ranting then take this as a learning experience (there are a lot of them in ED) that you should not fly without rebuy and that players don't always play nice. From that experience then decide what to do next, there are plenty of options to avoid destruction from other players both while remaining in open or by leaving open. I was pretty irritated/upset when I lost my Asp as a relative newbie but you get over it and ensure it doesn't happen again by taking steps to avoid that situation. N.B. I remained in open but it is your choice, I've also used private groups at times.

That's right!

Also discuss with him how's best to 'beef up' his/her ship to make it a bit more robust, even do your own 'mini exercises' learning tactics on how to avoid each other in mock combat. That way you'll probably both find the game a bit more enjoyable in future, this game is pretty much a blank book, to do with how you want.

AFAIK ramming a ship to destruction does count as murder and will result in a bounty. Is that not the case? Has there been any change in 3.0?

An interesting point. I'd like to know the answer to that question. I routinely ram NPC ships to death and get paid for the kill too in a HazRes. I don't know how this applies to a players ship though.

Sandro Sammarco

Lead Designer
Frontier
Hello Commander Susanna!

An interesting point. I'd like to know the answer to that question. I routinely ram NPC ships to death and get paid for the kill too in a HazRes. I don't know how this applies to a players ship though.

Death by by ramming is clearly still the crime of murder. It simply does not get it's value inflated by Notoriety. The new crime system should not really be, in any way, more lenient, other than the ability to switch ships.

He went to a beacon to scan it for a mission, and the clipper was waiting there for players to show up. He kept ramming him out of position so he couldn't scan it, and eventually blew him up.

And seriously...the "git gud" comments are just ridiculous.

So he basically kept hanging out despite being attacked?

Like why?

And please tell me he knows how to avoid bigger ships in Cobra.

^^^^ this. Why did he stay for repeated ramming?

Top Bottom