Patch Notes Update Update 3.0.3

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Summarizing 3.03:

– You can clean off power bounties. Thanks. It was annoying to see the wanted flag all the time, even when clean in a system. (thumbs up)
– Skimmer missions work as intended. (thumbs up)
– Large hardpoint turrets work better now. (thumbs up)

But then...
– Criminals or pirate style players can never change their outfitting anywhere. Unless spending quite some money to clean their hot ships. So crime careers are broken.
– Assassination mission target location are not revealed by scanning. So Assassination missions are broken.
– Massacre Mission targets are not counting as mission targets. So massacre missions are broken.
– Faction Ranking missions do not spawn. So Ranking is broken.
– Passanger missions that take long traveltimes to the station still have no overdone payout multiplier. Passenger bulk numbers are nearly doubled by same payout. So Taxi-service is not worth the time anymore.
– Some Guardian Site Obelisks still refuse to be encrypted even if the right artifacts are in the cargobay. So Guardians Mission is half-broken.

So basically all my favorite things to do are out of order. Is it just me, or did they really mess up the entire game with this 3.03 patch?

Anyway, I hope they smash the bugs very soon. The intended changes in 3.03 are very appreciated by me. But who let the bugs out? who. who-who.

I am actually quite surprised at just how rushed and defect ridden this last patch was.

I... I just don't want to log in to play, because the missions I was doing for fun with mates are all broken...
I was staring at the ship build I have been designing up, and thinking "Why bother? what if they aren't considering all these issues as defects.. what if they actually have changed the core gameplay intentionally... "

it. I'm going to find something else to play.

Sorry, I'm just frustrated.

FD, when was the last time any of you got in an SRV and did a skimmer mission? How'd it go?

Did you get hammered by SAV Anacondas that can inexplicably see and target your SRV from 5km away?
Did you get blasted from all sides by goliaths and skimmers and turrets because there was literally no cover for you to use to screen yourself?
Did you try shooting while on the move, with your dual repeater only hitting the juking and jiving skimmers occasionally?
Did you put 4 to SYS and 2 to WEP, or the other way around? How'd that distribution work out for you when you were trying to kill one of the 3 or 4 skimmers with perfect aim all hitting you at once?
Did your SRV, awesome little vehicle that it is, jump and shudder and change course violently and have near-rollovers every time it hit a rock because you were in the turret trying to attack and defend yourself?
Did you ever search for POIs, only to have little invisible black dots of wreckage finally show up, and then have no skimmers spawn at them?
Did you find kiting skimmers fun and engaging?

I'm unwilling to bet that you've done any of this, or you wouldn't be so hell-bent on not allowing the player base to do it the fun and smart way, and that's to go in with your ship guns a'blazin' like an angry Valkyrie. Instead we get the absolute worst, most annoyingly frustrating ground vehicle for the job.

You should have fixed the mission board, rather than tweak the mission.

I swear to god, you are the most frustrating game developers ever...

Someone is very commited on making a no fun game to play.
Every time they change something they come up with some very frustrating solutions.

I'm going to try Star Citizen.

FD, when was the last time any of you got in an SRV and did a skimmer mission? How'd it go?

Did you get hammered by SAV Anacondas that can inexplicably see and target your SRV from 5km away?
Did you get blasted from all sides by goliaths and skimmers and turrets because there was literally no cover for you to use to screen yourself?
Did you try shooting while on the move, with your dual repeater only hitting the juking and jiving skimmers occasionally?
Did you put 4 to SYS and 2 to WEP, or the other way around? How'd that distribution work out for you when you were trying to kill one of the 3 or 4 skimmers with perfect aim all hitting you at once?
Did your SRV, awesome little vehicle that it is, jump and shudder and change course violently and have near-rollovers every time it hit a rock because you were in the turret trying to attack and defend yourself?
Did you ever search for POIs, only to have little invisible black dots of wreckage finally show up, and then have no skimmers spawn at them?

I'm unwilling to bet that you've done any of this, or you wouldn't be so hell-bent on not allowing the player base to do it the fun and smart way, and that's to go in with your ship guns a'blazin' like an angry Valkyrie. Instead we get the absolute worst, most annoyingly frustrating ground vehicle for the job.

Of course they didn't, Frontier don't do all of that, heck they don't even play their game to comprehend what we have to do.

Oh my god..........

It's impossible to rank up with your superpower now because the Naval missions don't appear.

You made something that is already random, MORE RANDOM.

It was already difficult enough to travel to system to system to find a navy mission.

This isn't better! This is worse!

Change this back!

How many ranking missions do you expect to see in a day?

Genuinely curious for when I reach my next ranking point probably towards the end of the year.

How many ranking missions do you expect to see in a day?

Genuinely curious for when I reach my next ranking point probably towards the end of the year.

You could get quite a few ranking missions a day, as people were being able to go from Rank None 0% to Rear-Admiral 0% (or so) in about a day, so thats about the equivalent of 12 rank up missions.
Though I do agree that the missions are even more rarer to get, I don't like doing board-flipping, but I have been doing it just to see if I can get a mission to show. Which I am currently on my 17th board switch and still no mission has been available.

Edit: I do get that being handed 12 missions in about a day is quite hefty, but the grind for it was dreadful and many players opted out of it, I am currently one rank away and it is really awful. I would expect it to be a rare spawn mission, but now its a bit much....well to much really.

Edit 2: Okay never mind, just found out that they have been taken out due to various complaints.

Last edited:
tl;dr Am I allowed to use outfitted in a system i'm not wanted in?

Quick question. I just finished reading the patch notes (which I never do usually, i just play and figure it out in game). But I just got wanted in my anaconda because i accidentally tagged a wanted ship before it showed up as wanted. Totally fine, im used to that happening its been around forever. But I jumped to a different system because i know i need to wait a week before i can pay off the bounty but now i can't use outfitting as was mentioned in this thread.

So my question is outfitting blocked for a week for me now no matter where I go? Or is there another way to get this bounty paid. It's only 200cr and im only 9% away from Elite combat rank and I use different modules for Conflict Zones and Hazardous RES, so this is an issue for me and kind of screws up my week (not that it's the developer's fault), I just don't know what the procedure is and I can't figure it out like i can normally.

Thanks.

"An ally like you is always welcome here."

"Except you're not allowed to refit here because you have a 600CR bounty in the system we just sent you to steal data from!"

So goddamn stupid

So is it for the entire week like this until we can pay it off, is that right?

Filter your galaxy map for low security systems and go talk to an interstellar factor contact to clear your bounty. Make sure you've waited a couple hours for your notoriety to drop to 0.

It's still incredibly stupid that this outfitting ban isn't jurisdictional. The people who sent me to do illegal work in the first place shouldn't be banning me from using their services because of the bounties incurred while doing said work.

Last edited:
The people who sent me to do illegal work in the first place shouldn't be banning me from using their services because of the bounties incurred while doing said work.

Agree. I don't do missions but that sounds like a pain.

Filter your galaxy map for low security systems and go talk to an interstellar factor contact to clear your bounty.

Perfect I didn't know this was an option. Thanks. It looks like not all stations have the interstellar factor contact is that right?

Looks like we'd be better off mentioning what actually works as intendent right now.. Guess I'll go for an exploration trip at last. Or fit an mining ship for the first time. ;) Yesterday i spent 2 hours to find a rank up mission. Nothing. To read about all this mess at the very next day is rather heart breaking. Im but one rank away from my dear corvette! NOOOOOooooo!!! Sry for my poor english.. :( Greetings from austria cmdrs!

Last edited:
Hi.
Maybe it was here, but I can't read so many messages... sorry.

I have a problem with my merits after update 3.0.3. I had 5000 merits before update. And now in 3.0.3 I have only 4375. Where is my 625 merits?

Last edited:
Filter your galaxy map for low security systems and go talk to an interstellar factor contact to clear your bounty. Make sure you've waited a couple hours for your notoriety to drop to 0.

It's still incredibly stupid that this outfitting ban isn't jurisdictional. The people who sent me to do illegal work in the first place shouldn't be banning me from using their services because of the bounties incurred while doing said work.

The reason they hired you was deniability if/when the action was found out, remember this quote when thinking about taking a mission.

"As always, should you or any of your Force be caught or killed, the Secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions."

Being identified and stuck on a wanted poster also counts.

Go to news there is going to be a debate/focussed forum on just the outfitting punishment issue.

thx for bugfixes, but:

wing transport mission not give but some wing missions do not give enough rewards to deal with them and be repaid for the "work" done.
An example is a mission I saw last night (I do not have a screenshot, I'm sorry) with about 7000 (!!!!) units to transport (approx 10 trips with a T9 \ Cutter transport) and a reward of about 4 million credits.
In a 4-person wing, the expense to buy the items ( make 3 trips for each wing commander, 2 full cargo, one at half load approx) would be almost 3,500,000cr .

Now ... for 1 hour of play to earn 500,000 credits with the risk of interdiction, of losing the load, of having to pay the rebuy .... I think it is a bit low as compensation ... no?

The reason they hired you was deniability if/when the action was found out, remember this quote when thinking about taking a mission.

"As always, should you or any of your Force be caught or killed, the Secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions."

Being identified and stuck on a wanted poster also counts.

Go to news there is going to be a debate/focussed forum on just the outfitting punishment issue.

Normally I'd completely agree with you, but when you literally cannot avoid getting a bounty doing some of these missions it's just not conducive to a fun time. This is still a video game in the end.

They were made impossible to do in SRVs once they added air patrol ships to most/all of the bases.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom