Patch Notes Update Update 3.0.3

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 115407

D
it. I'm going to find something else to play.

Sorry, I'm just frustrated.

FD, when was the last time any of you got in an SRV and did a skimmer mission? How'd it go?

Did you get hammered by SAV Anacondas that can inexplicably see and target your SRV from 5km away?
Did you get blasted from all sides by goliaths and skimmers and turrets because there was literally no cover for you to use to screen yourself?
Did you try shooting while on the move, with your dual repeater only hitting the juking and jiving skimmers occasionally?
Did you put 4 to SYS and 2 to WEP, or the other way around? How'd that distribution work out for you when you were trying to kill one of the 3 or 4 skimmers with perfect aim all hitting you at once?
Did your SRV, awesome little vehicle that it is, jump and shudder and change course violently and have near-rollovers every time it hit a rock because you were in the turret trying to attack and defend yourself?
Did you ever search for POIs, only to have little invisible black dots of wreckage finally show up, and then have no skimmers spawn at them?
Did you find kiting skimmers fun and engaging?

I'm unwilling to bet that you've done any of this, or you wouldn't be so hell-bent on not allowing the player base to do it the fun and smart way, and that's to go in with your ship guns a'blazin' like an angry Valkyrie. Instead we get the absolute worst, most annoyingly frustrating ground vehicle for the job.

You should have fixed the mission board, rather than tweak the mission.

I swear to god, you are the most frustrating game developers ever...

Last edited by a moderator:
Goddamnit do I despise the SRV

I don't like the SRV as much as I once did when I could target a Skimmer or Stinger and see if it was wanted or not, but I have never once died in my SRV.

I have even escaped a NPC Pirate that wanted the two canisters of Palladium I was hauling back to my ship that had landed 2K away by darting and dodging in a start and stop zig zag until I could duck under my ASP X, get aboard and to activate my emergency planet launch VA routine.
3 seconds full up thrust (whinged him as he was flying over me)
pitch up to 90 degrees
up gear
apply full power to engines and remainder to shields
two automatic boosts till the mass lock light went out
then the supercruise key and another manual boost into clear space.

HEY DEVS!!! Bring back the ability to see if the Skimmers and Stingers are wanted!!!

This was I think my 4th SKIMMER fight. I was using the Primo Ammo

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CNWuPfsiDLVhWts8F5Kk7r2NuW1zWnBK

YMMV but I hope you enjoy

Last edited:
I just want the damn System Permits to be fixed so I can finally use them. Oh and increase the ship scanning data returns as well that now suddenly are super rare to get for even a G1 let alone a G5 Data Material...

Oh my god..........

It's impossible to rank up with your superpower now because the Naval missions don't appear.

You made something that is already random, MORE RANDOM.

It was already difficult enough to travel to system to system to find a navy mission.

This isn't better! This is worse!

Change this back!

Oh my god..........

It's impossible to rank up with your superpower now because the Naval missions don't appear.

You made something that is already random, MORE RANDOM.

It was already difficult enough to travel to system to system to find a navy mission.

This isn't better! This is worse!

Change this back!

I don't think it's random. The plan was to move ranking missions to the linked mission area but something went wrong so no missions at all now.

If it helps any normal missions you do to gain rank should accumulate for when the rank missions appear so if you keep doing them you could go through several ranks rapidly once they're back.

I don't think it's random. The plan was to move ranking missions to the linked mission area but something went wrong so no missions at all now.

If it helps any normal missions you do to gain rank should accumulate for when the rank missions appear so if you keep doing them you could go through several ranks rapidly once they're back.

At least that's how it USED to work...hopefully that isn't borked as well.

Any idea when the two bugs that are blocking the Ram Tah missions will be fixed? I.e. Constantly suicidal research limpets and Basilisks never appearing in USS Threat 6 ? I've held off playing the game because I'm 10 hours into the Ram Tah mission and I can't finish it because of the bugs and I'm unwilling to throw away the cargo to go onto something else.

Any idea when the two bugs that are blocking the Ram Tah missions will be fixed? I.e. Constantly suicidal research limpets and Basilisks never appearing in USS Threat 6 ? I've held off playing the game because I'm 10 hours into the Ram Tah mission and I can't finish it because of the bugs and I'm unwilling to throw away the cargo to go onto something else.

I think they were, Basilisks seem really common now. I got the impression they tweaked spawns over the weekend.

I found multiple threat 6s with Basilisks in very short time, looking at EDD, looks like I was in Electra.

Last edited:
I think they were, Basilisks seem really common now. I got the impression they tweaked spawns over the weekend.

I found multiple threat 6s with Basilisks in very short time, looking at EDD, looks like I was in Electra.

I had really struggled with this and had given up until 3.0.3 dropped. I found two threat level 6s in the Pleiades tonight that were totally empty (1 in Electra) but the second one in Electra finally delivered a Basilisk. I've heard lots of people finding them in Electra as well so I think that's the best place.

so you're saying griefers have the last word on elite:dangerous? interesting idea, would explain a lot! :D

No. They don't have the last word, but when you get these guys killing newbies fresh out in the black, it hurts business. They had to do something and I think their response was appropriate. There needs to be consequences for actions. Yes, I know it's a game, but that doesn't negate the need for consequences.

ok now this is just getting stupid ...go back to my allied system after a mission. All of a sudden I am wanted ...no privileges at the station I worked my off to ally with .. so off I go to a low security system with those stupid Controling factors pay dumb fines idea rubbish ...get landing permission, about to land and my privileges become revoked and I am blown to bits on the landing platform ..whose bright idea was that ///GIVE ME BACK MY 50 MILLION I HAVE LOST DUE TO THE DAMN UPGrades this is really getting tedious, everytime I log in something daft has happened ..
give it back I tell ya I want my credits back .....and a new ship and 3 srvs and more stuff Just cause
got a right royal hump on now ...

Summarizing 3.03:

– You can clean off power bounties. Thanks. It was annoying to see the wanted flag all the time, even when clean in a system. (thumbs up)
– Skimmer missions work as intended. (thumbs up)
– Large hardpoint turrets work better now. (thumbs up)

But then...
– Criminals or pirate style players can never change their outfitting anywhere. Unless spending quite some money to clean their hot ships. So crime careers are broken.
– Assassination mission target location are not revealed by scanning. So Assassination missions are broken.
– Massacre Mission targets are not counting as mission targets. So massacre missions are broken.
– Faction Ranking missions do not spawn. So Ranking is broken.
– Passanger missions that take long traveltimes to the station still have no overdone payout multiplier. Passenger bulk numbers are nearly doubled by same payout. So Taxi-service is not worth the time anymore.
– Some Guardian Site Obelisks still refuse to be encrypted even if the right artifacts are in the cargobay. So Guardians Mission is half-broken.

So basically all my favorite things to do are out of order. Is it just me, or did they really mess up the entire game with this 3.03 patch?

Anyway, I hope they smash the bugs very soon. The intended changes in 3.03 are very appreciated by me. But who let the bugs out? who. who-who.

Last edited:
Summarizing 3.03:

Anyway, I hope they smash the bugs very soon. The intended changes in 3.03 are very appreciated by me. But who let the bugs out? who. who-who.

How can you do "skimmer missions" if you cannot tell if the skimmers are wanted?? I have been wandering around planet side now for about 10 hours. So far, not one wanted skimmer.. NOT ONE. They don't show clean, They don't show wanted. They don't even show what faction. Nothing..

More improvements - nice to see!

What Improvements, I have read this Thread top to bottom all I see is Complaints.

Yes They Fixed the Turrets and the Cheiften bugs also the Defender Bugs.

These Should have been seen before the release of 3.0.

The changes t Missions Payouts ect. WHY YOU STUPID people Mess with something that has been working for months.

So again I ask WHAT DO YOU HAVE ALPHA Testers for.

This is very NEGATIVE but I feel that Frontier have indeed lost the plot.

How can you do "skimmer missions" if you cannot tell if the skimmers are wanted?? I have been wandering around planet side now for about 10 hours. So far, not one wanted skimmer.. NOT ONE. They don't show clean, They don't show wanted. They don't even show what faction. Nothing..

Oh, that bug didn't apply at my game. Made two skimmer missions today. After ADS honk, my mission target was an installation on a planet. I landed 2.2 km away, drove my srv to the station. Trespass-Alarm, skimmers showed up... I just drove arround the base, dodging turrets and shooting skimmers. All 12 skimmers counted toward my mission. Completed.

So everything worked fine for me. Sorry that you had worse experience with your missions.

Edit: I am not sure, if the skimmers were wanted. I didn't pay attention if they had a wanted-flag, or not. I mean killing skimmers is an illegal mission type anyway. Of course I ended up with a bounty of 3400 on my head. But the skimmers counted for the mission goal and I've earnd my 5M credits.

Last edited:
Summarizing 3.03:

– You can clean off power bounties. Thanks. It was annoying to see the wanted flag all the time, even when clean in a system. (thumbs up)
– Large hardpoint turrets work better now. (thumbs up)

But then...
– Criminals or pirate style players can never change their outfitting anywhere. Unless spending quite some money to clean their hot ships. So crime careers are broken.
– Assassination mission target location are not revealed by scanning. So Assassination missions are broken.
– Massacre Mission targets are not counting as mission targets. So massacre missions are broken.
– Faction Ranking missions do not spawn. So Ranking is broken.
– Passanger missions that take long traveltimes to the station still have no overdone payout multiplier. Passenger bulk numbers are nearly doubled by same payout. So Taxi-service is not worth the time anymore.
– Some Guardian Site Obelisks still refuse to be encrypted even if the right artifacts are in the cargobay. So Guardians Mission is half-broken.

So basically all my favorite things to do are out of order. Is it just me, or did they really mess up the entire game with this 3.03 patch?

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY.

Edit: I am not sure, if the skimmers were wanted. I didn't pay attention if they had a wanted-flag, or not. I mean killing skimmers is an illegal mission type anyway. Of course I ended up with a bounty of 3400 on my head. But the skimmers counted for the mission goal and I've earnd my 5M credits.

Before 3.0.2 I may a lot of CR cruising around on a planet surface looking for materials, collecting salvage, and wasting wanted skimmers and stingers.
Look at the video I posted in an earlier thread. The Nav Panel listed everything. Since 3.0.2 it has listed nothing.
You don't want to accidentally kill one though. Had one commit suicide and crash into me and it was a 41,000 CR fine. On top of that, all the originally "legal" salvage I had gotten out of the trespass zone turned "stolen". Not to big a deal since I was collecting stuff to unlock The Dweller but still a PITA..

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom