Patch Notes Update Update 3.0.3

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
From 3.0.3 you will no longer be able to access outfitting at any port whilst in a ‘hot’ ship, thus you will not be able to make any load-out changes. You’re required to first clean the ship by paying off fines and bounties issued against it. Outfitting services will then be restored.

Seriously the worst move on Fdev part. Because i have some notoriety i cannot outfit anywhere including anarchy? seriously...its anarchy? If Fdev doesn't fix this soon, they will completely destroy the whole concept of flying in open..

I think this must have been an oversight. Probably working as intended, they just didn't think it all the way through. There should be no restrictions in an Anarchy system (unless you've violated docking procedures or have a fine for loitering in that system [those are in effect everywhere]). I think this will probably be corrected in the next patch. I'm sure hoping the superpower rank up missions are.

Probably working as intended, they just didn't think it all the way through.

I think that's called "Damning with faint praise," LOL -- you realize that those two back-to-back clauses combined describe a product iteration that's professionally embarrassing for self-respecting software producers and game designers, right? ;-)

dose realy help ps4 it same like i have a realy bad time now from last 2week pse 4 being bad cutie out and sttop why keep saying ce-34878-0 have tryed sre installing it still it happen that why i joyed chat box tell my ponit i just donot know what toodo know mm nay pls thanks

Well, I've read that sentence a few times now. I have now idea what you are talking about or how to help you. Additional punctuation required.

Have noticed a load of different pirate factions appearing in Mapotepa Haz Rez sites whilst trying to do massacre missions of Mapotepa Purple Pirates, some from systems that I've never heard of, since 3.0.3 landed. This makes the missions take far longer to complete. Seeing more Kolapa pirate ships in Mapotepa now then the local ones. Wonder why this change happened?

I am having the same issue since the 3.0.3 update.

Anti-criminal Massacre missions were a pretty solid way for white-hat buttkickers to do guilt-free combat against black-hats for pay. You'd pick up a mission to kill 30 or 70 or 135 bad guys of some "ring", "cartel", "raiders", whatever. In the system's resource sites the local bad guys would spawn with some regularity and you could find enough mission targets to kill the 70 bad guys and get your mission done.

Now when you go to a resource site, the vast majority of the pirates are not locals, they are from all over the place. If this is a balance change to make it harder to complete massacre missions, that's an odd choice because even before, it was way faster, cheaper and easier to just haul transport jobs for money, without any of the risk or effort of fighting. What really adds insult to injury through is that now, even if you luck into finding that rare pirate who's from the right faction, most of the time they aren't even counted as mission targets.

You can supercruise around the system and interdict one or two here and there but this takes forever too. Pirate hunting massacres worked solidly before and now you can't find 70 mission targets even if you played continuously for the 36 hours provided to complete it.

edit: I'm playing right now hunting Gang of Aphra in Aphra. It just spawned a wing of 2 Gang of Aphra -- and considered one of them a mission target and the other not. Bizarre.

Last edited:
I think that's called "Damning with faint praise," LOL -- you realize that those two back-to-back clauses combined describe a product iteration that's professionally embarrassing for self-respecting software producers and game designers, right? ;-)

No one can think of everything. People (and game developers are people) aren't perfect. They make mistakes. It sucks when they make a mistake like this, but it isn't the first and won't be the last.

Well in the little space I occupy, the changes / updates have had little effect on me - for now.

I am looking to become less space agrophobic though so only time will tell.

V2k.

Have noticed a load of different pirate factions appearing in Mapotepa Haz Rez sites whilst trying to do massacre missions of Mapotepa Purple Pirates, some from systems that I've never heard of, since 3.0.3 landed. This makes the missions take far longer to complete. Seeing more Kolapa pirate ships in Mapotepa now then the local ones. Wonder why this change happened?

Yep, same problem - lots of different pirate factions not present before, almost none of the faction I need and most of those were not the mission target. I found 10 mission pirates in 2 hours, and most of those interdicted me as I was in SC between different RES in the system (tried them all). Probably will not be able to complete the missions in the time allotted.

Yeah the wings bug is a big issue with every commander in elite dangerous. With times can't see the commander you joined with. I don't understand why the developers don't address this sooner as everyone else can see what is happening... I don't know why it's not seen as a big issue, and is place as a minor issue. But it affect us as gamers and need to be looked at in a bigger view.

But if you know it's happening, please let us know.

Yeah the wings bug is a big issue with every commander in elite dangerous. With times can't see the commander you joined with. I don't understand why the developers don't address this sooner as everyone else can see what is happening... I don't know why it's not seen as a big issue, and is place as a minor issue. But it affect us as gamers and need to be looked at in a bigger view.

But if you know it's happening, please let us know.

Not every commander just the ones who use wings more than occasionally.

Yep, same problem - lots of different pirate factions not present before, almost none of the faction I need and most of those were not the mission target. I found 10 mission pirates in 2 hours, and most of those interdicted me as I was in SC between different RES in the system (tried them all). Probably will not be able to complete the missions in the time allotted.

I can report the same issue here. Sometimes the right faction would spawn but theyu are not designated as mission targets. I'm supposed to kill LFT 1300 FAction Pirates i have killed well over 18 but only 8 of them counted. And in a wing only one is designated as a mission target. This worked before and i cannot for the life of me understand how it was messed up again. It's one of the missions i enjoy the most so i'm extra annoyed.

From 3.0.3 you will no longer be able to access outfitting at any port whilst in a ‘hot’ ship, thus you will not be able to make any load-out changes. You’re required to first clean the ship by paying off fines and bounties issued against it. Outfitting services will then be restored.

Best. Logic. Ever!

"Oh you think it's unfair that you get hit for stripping your ship after you did something illegal? Fine! YOU CAN'T DO THAT ANYMORE AT ALL!"

Fist bumps all 'round!

Wing missions buffed:
IWH1qY3.png

You're right, the wing mission is totally out of whack. Especially in light of the amount of units compared to the solo mission.

Exactly. And this is like their third balance pass on this. did someone at Frontier really look at the numbers and said "Yeah, looks good now"? hard to imagine.

Changes made to make Massacre Missions spawn more reliably?

Four hours of flight time and a total of Eight spawned targets...-_-[down] And then the mission disappeared half way in. Did you test these hearsay changes prior to release? In short it's still broken, don't waste your time Cmdrs.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom