D-day is Coming, Are We Ready?

So its D day for the Thargoids so why would they send a message from human history...ok now Im confused.
"Don't blame the messenger, blame the message."

Despite 9+ minutes of completely non-associated video coverage, stick to other, reliable, non-narcissistic or self-interested sources.

Ultimately, there has been non-hostile contacts in 2.4... then legions of self-declared, narcissistic "heroes" that attacked such beings.. then there were those piecing things together and neutral.

I get it, as a 1980's player that actually dropped a Thargoid in the original game where it actually mattered against an unarguably hostile species... but since then, FD made them neutral (i.e. you could be interdicted 100x with 0% chance of hostility unless you had non-neutral cargo). Every player-based LARP'ing (like the OP) we get dropped into the realm of actual information vs. emotional judgement on people trying to further their Youtube careers. Stick to personal experiences..... dispose of the dramatic and public means... stick to facts and rational objectivity. THAT is the human condition.

I'm also confused from an embedded video title including "(Pollux Listening Post)" and a thumbnail of this but instead, it's just an FDL fighting a Thargoid and a few seconds of some player to player chatter...

No matter though because the <1% of content in chatter-form-only included is verifiable. A listening post scan in Pollux does have this message.

So either we are to believe the Thargoids have succinct knowledge of ancient human history... OR Aegis (and others) use tactics of deception for boosting personal agenda.

You can bet that the Thargoids do, in fact, have an intricate knowledge of human history. They can create AI that can fool people into believing that said AI are of human origin. They've undoubtedly had access to human tech and history.

Could someone actually post the message (for those of us with internet filters at work)?

Pollux listener station is providing:
"Les sanglots Des violons De l’automne Blessent mon coeur D’une langueur Monotone"

Glad you didn't suffer 9+ minutes of someone battling a Thargoid in an FDL to see a few seconds of them receiving this as only an incoming/unverified message from a far away system and ONE other player!

Last edited:
You can bet that the Thargoids do, in fact, have an intricate knowledge of human history. They can create AI that can fool people into believing that said AI are of human origin. They've undoubtedly had access to human tech and history.

Please... do expand on this theory? I have only seen actual, verifiable data that they have attempted to send signals with Federation code and those transmissions are not shared with us.

I mean, truly, if they had THAT much detail on neutral foes, we could have at least expected the Guardian information to even *hint* at such details... but alas, the information we are fed to believe suggests they were too dopey and war-mongering to even go 1% to that direction. Which is it? Are they dopey/war-mongering or are they intelligent?

What we are led to believe in E:D universe is they are a dopey, non-intellectual race- yet their shielding and technology is 1000x above the human race. We have some conflicting information from the Guardians and Ram Tah's interpretations... and these also totally conflict from renewed contacts from 2.4.

Last edited:
The naming of the listening post strikes me as odd. The system is Pollux, not Pollux D568. What could "D568" mean? Briefly scanning the Canonn list, none of the other listening posts seems to have been named in a similar way.

O7,
[noob]

The 10th Royal Destroyer is ready for D-Day!
hopefully I am home before it all kicks off
>....>
<....<
working till 6pm dammit!

One possibility is that it could be the swarm seen from behind ?

The medusa can make them form a huge flower shape, and from behind you'd only see the engine lights/trails which are red.

Another possibility is : we're doomed.

- It's a human listening post, so someone could be doing a bit of liberal translation?

- The Thargoids know our history and languages well and are sending a warning?

- The Constucts are messing with both us and the Thargoids? :D

I assume that Listening posts are not the intended target of the message, but instead "listen" and pick up passing signals. This signal was presumably sent by a human as a covert warning to another human. While I fully do believe that Oresrians are conversant with humans and have intimate knowledge of our psychology and physiology and some history, I don't think that extends to obscure references to a 1500 year old war (and I don't think these are Oresrians). I also can't see the purpose of them doing that.

We know that Black Flight have been/are operating covertly in the Pleiades and have been working behind the scenes for a while (even before any of us 'discovered' the Thargoid wrecks and surface sites - Ref: Victoria's Song and the Pandora and various wrecks and LP's scattered around).

The most likely explanation is that Black Flight or a similar organisation is warning operations assets or the leadership in the bubble of the oncoming 'invasion'. The fact that the Eagle Eye key changes from "Thargoids" to "Invaders" this week is probably not just a coincidence - Presumably Aegis are part of a wider network that would include intelligence assets spread all over the place.

Last edited:
I assume that Listening posts are not the intended target of the message, but instead "listen" and pick up passing signals. This signal was presumably sent by a human as a covert warning to another human. While I fully do believe that Oresrians are conversant with humans and have intimate knowledge of our psychology and physiology and some history, I don't think that extends to obscure references to a 1500 year old war (and I don't think these are Oresrians). I also can't see the purpose of them doing that.

We know that Black Flight have been/are operating covertly in the Pleiades and have been working behind the scenes for a while (even before any of us 'discovered' the Thargoid wrecks and surface sites - Ref: Victoria's Song and the Pandora and various wrecks and LP's scattered around).

The most likely explanation is that Black Flight or a similar organisation is warning operations assets or the leadership in the bubble of the oncoming 'invasion'. The fact that the Eagle Eye key changes from "Thargoids" to "Invaders" this week is probably not just a coincidence - Presumably Aegis are part of a wider network that would include intelligence assets spread all over the place.

Black flight has been confirmed as Aegis research. Im sure I watched a youtube video from blind pew confirming this.

Guns reloaded, ammo reserves replenished, fighter bays restocked and Thargoid blood cleaned off hull. Federal Corvette "Der Hammer" will be departing Jameson Memorial just presently.

If this is to be our line in the sand then let's send these bugs back to whatever pit they crawled out of or die trying!

Tally ho!

Top Bottom