D-day is Coming, Are We Ready?

but..but.. it's not Thursday though!

This made me chuckle, however we all know how good FDev are at sneaking content in . We have seen something coming for weeks now, I don’t know about Liberation Day...it might yet become an Independence Day scenario though .

That D-Day message doesn't make sense as a warning that the Thargoids invade.

It was a message send by the allies to their allies to prepare for the invasion of the good guys against the evil guys.

If it is used in this game as way to inform the good guys (us) that the evil guys (thargoids) invade would hurt the remembrance of that important historic event - something I don't expect FDev to do.

But maybe I'm a bit to sensitive to that topic.

That D-Day message doesn't make sense as a warning that the Thargoids invade.

It was a message send by the allies to their allies to prepare for the invasion of the good guys against the evil guys.

If it is used in this game as way to inform the good guys (us) that the evil guys (thargoids) invade would hurt the remembrance of that important historic event - something I don't expect FDev to do.

But maybe I'm a bit to sensitive to that topic.

It's clearly a message from the good guys(thargoids) to their allies in the bubble(Alliance) to prepare for the invasion. :p

I don’t think this is Thorgiod, this is something connected with the princess who found a plan to seed planets for colonisation from some organisation above governments. I’m speculating that the Thorgiod incursion is an attempt to create the right conditions for a take over/ or to come out into the open.

The message looks like the resistance that was working for or with the Princess and this is their call to arms. So if correct we should be expecting a previously hidden power to seize control of human space and start a Civil War, but the Thorgiods remain an unpredictable threat which may backfire.

And there was me planning to head to the Guardian Ruins to pick up some mats...

That's what I was saying on reddit.

.......... would hurt the remembrance of that important historic event - something I don't expect FDev to do.

As I explained above, D-day is a military term for the day of commencing an operation - it is not specific to the WWII operation.

"Don't blame the messenger, blame the message."

Despite 9+ minutes of completely non-associated video coverage, stick to other, reliable, non-narcissistic or self-interested sources.

Ultimately, there has been non-hostile contacts in 2.4... then legions of self-declared, narcissistic "heroes" that attacked such beings.. then there were those piecing things together and neutral.

I get it, as a 1980's player that actually dropped a Thargoid in the original game where it actually mattered against an unarguably hostile species... but since then, FD made them neutral (i.e. you could be interdicted 100x with 0% chance of hostility unless you had non-neutral cargo). Every player-based LARP'ing (like the OP) we get dropped into the realm of actual information vs. emotional judgement on people trying to further their Youtube careers. Stick to personal experiences..... dispose of the dramatic and public means... stick to facts and rational objectivity. THAT is the human condition.

._.

Youtube is not a career for me lol, I don't care if I had 0 subscriber or 30 million subscribers. I'm fighting the Thargoids because my personal experience with them was negative. I even have a thread detailing my interaction with them since the very beginning...

Please research first before wildly speculating...?

Hmmm? Sorry ... I wasn't listening, ready for what exactly?

G7pHaFv.png

As I explained above, D-day is a military term for the day of commencing an operation - it is not specific to the WWII operation.

Maybe , but i never heard and never read in a history book about any other militay operation called D-day . You say D-day and most of people think Normandy

Maybe , but i never heard and never read in a history book about any other militay operation called D-day . You say D-day and most of people think Normandy

There's this new fangled thing called t'internet - you should try it - lots of info in about 3 seconds.... which show that Para is right. Next!

Anyway, I don't see how it could be weird to reference a WWII radio broadcast when voyager 1 is ingame. Elite is in our future, people know their history. People can reference it. I don't really see the issue here.

Top Bottom