Hardware & Technical Voiceattack and Spotify

Permission to ask a dumb question ...

When using VA to control Spotify through something like CLMControl, you have to use headphones right? Or the music interferes with Voice recognition. Am I right?

Permission to ask a dumb question ...

When using VA to control Spotify through something like CLMControl, you have to use headphones right? Or the music interferes with Voice recognition. Am I right?

Not a dumb question

Depends on how well you trained your voice, your mic quality/settings and VA settings.

For example, on my setup abroad I have no issues, I had it setup perfectly, my UK setup it's kinda hard to have music playing loudly and give commands, I haven't bothered to train my voice fully on this rig, and my mic is kinda rubbish, Voice attack sometimes thinks Kurt Cobain screaming is a command to deploy weapons, or just completely ignores me due to the background noise ;-)

Yeah I ditched the rift mic, strange tho because many claim that it is really good quality.

My Rift microphone is excellent quality. VA works perfectly, and it's also great when chatting with friends in E: D. I had problems before I had VR, as my setup was big screen and full surround sound. I tried various microphones, but the background noise interfered with all of them (at least, at the volumes I liked to have my sound set to :) ).

My Rift microphone is excellent quality. VA works perfectly, and it's also great when chatting with friends in E: D. I had problems before I had VR, as my setup was big screen and full surround sound. I tried various microphones, but the background noise interfered with all of them (at least, at the volumes I liked to have my sound set to :) ).

Yeah it seems to be mixed reviews, I spent ages trying to get it to work properly (filter out background noise) Bought an el cheapo mic and it worked way better. May have to take another look.

Last edited:
Yeah it seems to be mixed reviews, I spent ages trying to get it to work properly (filter out background noise) Bought an el cheapo mic and it worked way better. May have to take another look.
My Rift does an excellent job picking up what I say, but unfortunately translates any stray noise into "chaff". I even have the sensitivity turned down in VA.

Top Bottom