(HUMOUR) Leaked footage from secret dev build - Atmospherics

Looks like space engineers to me. So far that is the closest we got to what I want. Problem is, there is no real game play in that SE.

I am not a native English speaker and need to know why people on this forum sometimes say "Ye" instead of "You".

To me it invokes a feeling of cringe due to them trying to role play a 17th century sailor.

Is my assumption correct or do I miss the joke.
I've only see one person do it. It's his thing. Get your own thing. :)

You know what's funny about that first shot? A typical airliner cruises around 260-280m/s (a bit under 1000km/h), so an A-rated Asp Explorer wouldn't actually be able to manage the speed seen in the video.

You know what's funny about that first shot? A typical airliner cruises around 260-280m/s (a bit under 1000km/h), so an A-rated Asp Explorer wouldn't actually be able to manage the speed seen in the video.

A quick look at coriolis.io or EDshipyards says otherwise (even with 42 tonnes of military armor, no engineering and no boosting) — it just needs 4 pips to engines. :D

A quick look at coriolis.io or EDshipyards says otherwise (even with 42 tonnes of military armor, no engineering and no boosting) — it just needs 4 pips to engines. :D

Yep, you're right, sticking A-rated thrusters with four pips to engines gets you to 288m/s so it can keep up with most modern airliners. It does lose out to the 747-400 though which cruises at .855 mach (290m/s).

verminstar

Banned
I am not a native English speaker and need to know why people on this forum sometimes say "Ye" instead of "You".

To me it invokes a feeling of cringe due to them trying to role play a 17th century sailor.

Is my assumption correct or do I miss the joke.

I type with an accent and it’s not role play or a joke...it’s just a habit that I’ve had fer a very long time and it doesn’t bother me enough to change now.

And I’m from Belfast in Northern Ireland so close enough ^

eerm
Most if not all elite's ships are not aerodynamic friendly.
So, while I do appreciate the effort, it totally bothered me that the ships tried to behave as planes without the use of maneuvering thrusters.
Dolphin
Orca
Beluga
Federal Dropship
Federal Assault Ship
Federal Gunship
Hauler
Adder
Fer De Lance
Eagle
Imperial Eagle...

The list goes on, half of the ships have at least some form of control surface that would make sense in atmosphere. Convince me otherwise, please

Dolphin
Orca
Beluga
Federal Dropship
Federal Assault Ship
Federal Gunship
Hauler
Adder
Fer De Lance
Eagle
Imperial Eagle...

The list goes on, half of the ships have at least some form of control surface that would make sense in atmosphere. Convince me otherwise, please

Convince you?
Why would I do that?
In what way you matter enough so I have to do that?

That was a neat video, good editing skills OP. Repped!

Maybe when FDev get JP out the door, they'll go back to ED and implement something like this. Even if it doesn't add any actual gameplay, it can add a lot to the feel of the game, of being in an alien world. It should also be a lot less work than spacelegs, for that you need to basically build another game and mesh it into ED, this would "just" be changing some shaders and tweaking the flight model. A few weeks worth of work instead of a couple years.

Deleted member 115407

D
This is why Vin Delanos isn't in the business of developing video games.

Nothing in my imagination came close to looking as good as the textures in OP's video.

Dolphin
Orca
Beluga
Federal Dropship
Federal Assault Ship
Federal Gunship
Hauler
Adder
Fer De Lance
Eagle
Imperial Eagle...

No need to convince anyone, someone already put most of the ships in a virtual wind tunnel. I'd say the biggest surprise is the T9, it would fly way better than a sidey or a cobra in an atmosphere (those two would just tumble out of control without flight assist, those wiggly tails are not what you want in a lifting surface). And once again, the Anaconda is the ship to own, with the python being the best multirole. Figures...

[video=youtube;98BW6BAYxl8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98BW6BAYxl8[/video]

Last edited:

Deleted member 115407

D
Aerodynamics shmaerodynamics.

I don't give a crap about science, I just want fun stuff to do in-game.

Aerodynamics shmaerodynamics.

I don't give a crap about science, I just want fun stuff to do in-game.

Head_Out_The_Window.jpg

No need to convince anyone, someone already put most of the ships in a virtual wind tunnel. I'd say the biggest surprise is the T9, it would fly way better than a sidey or a cobra in an atmosphere (those two would just tumble out of control without flight assist, those wiggly tails are not what you want in a lifting surface). And once again, the Anaconda is the ship to own, with the python being the best multirole. Figures...
You also forget that this takes place in 3304, so I'm confident that aeronautical science and engineering has far surpassed anything we can dare to imagine today.

Top Bottom