Attack on Penal Colony BV 2259 (SRV vs. Thargoid)

Captains log
Date: 05.07.3304
Location: Penal Colony BV 2259, planet AB 1 A in the HIP 16217 system
Time: early

I arrive at the Penal Colony at around 4:30am to discover a disturbing scene, it seems they have unexpected company!

HkC2B82.png

I land on the colony's pad to better asses the situation.

952QcoR.png

Yup, OK - clearly what I need to do here is to try and land my SRV on top of the alien vessel and attempt to communicate with them.

Hmm, that did not go as planned. I drive into the compound and try to get the colony's defence systems back online.

Bingo!

qHPwvcS.png

That's more like it. Let 'em have it boys!

Gctjq2Q.png

I attempt to lend a hand but alas the SRV's Dual Repeaters prove ineffective.

r1ok1Bf.png

(and don't even ask how I'm managing to cling on to a vertical wall ... it's a mystery to me too!)

OK, perhaps I should man one of the turrets!

71I2KYh.png

Yeah baby, suck on this!

5876epY.png

451Z17H.png

Ouch! that one was close. I decide to retreat to a safe distance and reassess.

ArTzxMg.png

OK, back to plan A I reckon ... attempt to land my SRV on top of the alien vessel and make them eat my rubber.

Drat! Oh well, at least I survived to fight another day!

:D

Last edited:
<old prospector voice>
Sitting on an Earth-like, 23,500 ly from Sol, just after sunset by a campfire, the old prospector poured himself a cup of coffee, then one for the visitor who joined him for the evening.

"Yup, the old days weren't like this." he said with a voice like gravel. "We used to fly among the stars, like you youngins'." He pondered a bit. "Then those bugs came." He looked into his coffee cup, it's black color reflecting his thoughts blacker than night. "First they came where we wanted to explore. Then they came for our worlds." He paused to reflect, collecting his thoughts. "Then they came for our women." The visitor looked at him, astonished. "Oh, not for the usual reproduction things." the prospector continued. "Worse than that. Something about how certain wasps use a spider's body for their larva."

The visitor sipped his own coffee for a moment, looked up at the night sky. "Was anyone able to do ANYTHING about them?" he asked.

The prospector turned to one side and spat in disgust. "We might have been able to stop them." he replied. "If only we had more commanders like Turner." He sighed, looked up at the stars. "If only we had more of them."

Thargoids have not accounted for SRVs in their invasion plans ! This could be their undoing :)

I too need to reload my rep for you.

Well done - did the base defences look to be putting any kind of a dent on the Thargoid - I believe they will go hostile on your own ship if you return to it when active, but wondering if they could "aid" in an attack on the Thargoid ?

Very nice!
Something to tell your grandchildren; When your super old and can’t tell fantasy from reality anymore. [haha]

Flimley

Top Bottom