EDProfiler - A New Display Switcher/Robust Settings Profiler/Switcher/Detector!

Ah very nice, I should include that link too, as well as those extra options

I had spent 3 hours on refining my own tone curve just before the weekend, I went into your profiler yesterday and WHAT!! 'Let's make space dark again' panel!! !
I tried the 'toe' settings created by Horizone on your panel in game, leaving the rest of the elite original curve intact. Works a treat, thanks for putting it in. :)

All I need, now that Nvidia have disabled the Digital Vibrance for Oculus Rift, is to get that terrible (in my view) orange and red saturation down, and the views would be perfect...

Well as you can see, I've expanded it! New update available for people to experiment with:

BwTXCOl.png

I'm trying to use this tool, but I keep getting an error:

"Unhandled exception has occured..."

"Could not find a part of the path 'C\users\<name>\Documents\EDProfiler\GUIProfiles'"

I can choose to continue anyway, but I'd get errors doing the following:

Opening the GUI/HUD Colors Editor: "Input String was not in a correct format." (doesn't open anything)

Detect Current Settings: "InvalidArgument=Value of '-1' is not valid for 'index'. Parameter name: index. (continue does seem to work, I think)

Import included GUI colors: "could not find part of path 'C:\users\...\GUIProfiles\Arkku's Neon Blue-Red (avatar friendly)'."

I'm assuming I'm not installing this properly, but I can't do anything but download the installer and run it, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong or how I could fix this :S.

I've tried searching through here, as well, but couldn't find anything specific from just browsing, so sorry if it is something obvious.

Create the folder manually and then open EDProfiler and hit the button next to the dropdown of GUI Profiles to import them. You are the second person with this issue and I am now concerned.

FYI I just released a very quick patch becacuse build 3.1.3.4 was wrong in regards to the Tone Mapping. For the technical minded, apparently HDRNode settings are not used by Elite, just HDR_Reference, so I deleted the code that tries to work with HDRNode.

NOTE! IF YOU DOWNLOADED AND APPLIED A TONE MAP SETTING BETWEEN 3.1.3.4 and 3.1.3.5 (both released today), PLEASE CHECK YOUR graphicsconfigurationoverride.xml file in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\graphics and make sure that there's only one <HDRNode_Reference>...</HDRNode_Reference>. If not, delete the first one (including everything between the tags, as well as the tags themselves)"

W9fJ4ut.png

Nice work drkaii! One of the things I learned from my experiments with this, is that the curve needs to be very close to the original elite one as it approaches the shoulder at the top right, I was getting image distortion and light rays in the Rift when I dropped too far below or above the elite configuration. Could be my eyes though...

Maybe there should be a limit set to what can be changed above and below the curve? Just throwing something in here.

Last edited:
Hey, thank you very much for your work! I haven't played ED for a while now (2-3 months), so maybe my question is outdated: how does EDProfiler deal with more than one install of ED? I used to run the non-Oculus Launcher, but after Dash dropped I finally redeemed my Oculus key and now have both installations. Probably should just remove the non-Oculus one, but the last thing I remember doing was to have the regular install be non-VR, since buggy still gives me lot's of motion sickness.

Thanks!

As far as I know, all installs of Elite still use and share the same settings files. EDProfiler works with settings files only so it will work fine and affect both installs simultaneaously. Never really tested it but I think that's what ppl have confirmed in the past

Hey, thank you very much for your work! I haven't played ED for a while now (2-3 months), so maybe my question is outdated: how does EDProfiler deal with more than one install of ED? I used to run the non-Oculus Launcher, but after Dash dropped I finally redeemed my Oculus key and now have both installations. Probably should just remove the non-Oculus one, but the last thing I remember doing was to have the regular install be non-VR, since buggy still gives me lot's of motion sickness.

Thanks!

the oculus version allows you to play on flat screen if you want.....

Great work, thanks for the tool.

As a new VR user it's invaluable.

J

You are welcome, I think it's worth pointing out that this started out because there was another tool that did a very similar thing. Graphics profiles, and the ability to switch easily before starting the game. That tool didn't work once CV1 came out and wasn't being updated so I used the idea and made my own

• Like (+1)
Reactions: NW3
I think the biggest thing for me would be to be able to switch effortlessly between two profiles, i.e. a VR one and a standard one. So the VR one would have HMD active with windowed and low rez on the desktop view, then with a click of the button I could switch to standard monitor settings, including borderless and 1920x1080 rez

THIS! is this even possible? I want to mostly play in vr, but sometimes just want to drop the headset and play on the flat screen in certain situations :)

edit: just realised this was on page 1 of 57, will go read up!!!!!

You mean switch mid-game? Impossible, but this tool is just there to make things as easy as possible. FYI if you switch between 2D and VR in game, it automatically switches resolutions - the VR will be a small window, 2D will revert back to whatever you had it

Thansk for your reply - i guess i dont mean switch then?
all i want to do is have vr rendered in my headset, and 2d on my screen, so that i could use either?

Well you can do that, you will need to center the headset and also if it's the CV1 put something in front of the sensor so it stays on, then you can play in 2D, however you won't be able to look around with the 2D controls

Not sure why the image from my previous reply did not go through.

I'll try again because I really need help resolving this so I can run the profiler.

The the error message reads :

Code:
Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click quit the application will close immediately.

ee the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowWithoutLineInfo(String res)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load(XmlReader reader, LoadOptions options)
   at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load(String uri, LoadOptions options)
   at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load(String uri)
   at EDProfiler.StoredProfileReader..ctor(String profileFullName)
   at EDProfiler.EDPMainForm.custombindingfixer(Object file)
   at EDProfiler.EDPMainForm.deletefiles()
   at EDProfiler.EDPMainForm.EDPMainForm_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8933 (WinRelRS4.050727-8900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
EDProfiler
    Assembly Version: 3.1.3.5
    Win32 Version: 3.1.3.5
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Godryc/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/07BT3N1D.6N2/MDCHOPVZ.LTQ/edpr..tion_8fee7e9465259bde_0003.0001_c2345b309833b580/EDProfiler.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.8922 (WinRelRS4.050727-8900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8922 (WinRelRS4.050727-8900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Xml.Linq
    Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.8931 built by: WinRelRS4
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
System.Deployment
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll
System.Core
    Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.8931 built by: WinRelRS4
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Top Bottom