EDProfiler - A New Display Switcher/Robust Settings Profiler/Switcher/Detector!

Ok, update 3.1.3.8 is out, and now you can save and load Tone Maps, as well as include them in EDP profiles. I've also added a "save to existing" button for GUI profiles (long overdue!), and of course Tone Maps have them too.

More updates planned, stay tuned, and of course please report any bugs here.

Ok, update 3.1.3.8 is out, and now you can save and load Tone Maps, as well as include them in EDP profiles. I've also added a "save to existing" button for GUI profiles (long overdue!), and of course Tone Maps have them too.

More updates planned, stay tuned, and of course please report any bugs here.

First time trying to install on my system, and this is logged:

ERROR SUMMARY Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of C:\Users\Fernando\Downloads\EDProfiler.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Downloading http://www.drkaii.com/EDP/Application Files/EDProfiler_3_1_3_8/EDProfiler.exe.manifest did not succeed.
+ The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

Hi Drkaii,

Unfortunately, I get a new error. I can't select the custom bindings ingame anymore, they are completely removed from the list when the profiler is running. As soon as I don't start it, my bindings ingame are back. I went through the troubleshooting, but unfortunately I couldn't find a solution.

My favorite is the tonemap from ad with gamma to 75% :)

Really sorry Taomin, try again now.

Ok erbse, I don't have time to look at the bindings thing until later (to be honest, I've seen it do that before and sometimes it doesn't and I'm not really sure what causes it - for now uncheck the apply button for the bindings)

Hey thanks for your reply. I´ve tried this option unchecking/checking without luck. My current solution is not to start the ed profiler. The profiler-settings (including the custom tonemapping) are retained. Take your time and thanks again for this great tool :)

Have you ever thought of including settings to disable the dreaded lens flare? The attached override is what I use to get rid of them in VR, as personally I can't stand them. There may be a better way to set it in that file, but it works for me.

Attachments

• GraphicsConfigurationOverride.xml
    339 bytes · Views: 274
The new tone mapping is quite cool.

I use one of the likely-to-be-overlooked settings when playing in 2D: FOV, which I set to 70°. That's beyond the limits of ED's GUI for 2D screens, but looks really good in my AspX. Having a bit more of the cockpit and side windows showing actually helps me feel more immersed in the game. I can't wait to try out 200° FOV, once I finally have my Pimax 8K.

Unfortunately, the newest version has an Unhandled Exception, when clicking any of the Default Graphics Preset buttons .

Also, the Green HUD edit box has shifted. It should line up with Red and Blue.
The Tone Mapping seems to reset to A D's Tone Map, not the custom one I created.

Last edited:

The Tone Mapping seems to reset to A D's Tone Map, not the custom one I created.

I have tried to replicate this but can't. When I create a tone map, I save it using 'save to new' then 'Apply' and click 'detect current values' and there it is. If I change to another profile and click 'Apply' and choose 'detect current values' it's changed to that profile. So it works (latest version 3.1) for me.

'Save to existing' means apply the value(s) you've just made to the current values profile.

Whatever you see in the RGB curve map when you press 'Apply' will be the one that will turn up in the Graphic Overide file.

I hope I'm correct in all this! if not, feed me to the Thargoids.

I use one of the likely-to-be-overlooked settings when playing in 2D: FOV, which I set to 70°. That's beyond the limits of ED's GUI for 2D screens, but looks really good in my AspX. Having a bit more of the cockpit and side windows showing actually helps me feel more immersed in the game. I can't wait to try out 200° FOV, once I finally have my Pimax 8K.

Unfortunately, the newest version has an Unhandled Exception, when clicking any of the Default Graphics Preset buttons .

Also, the Green HUD edit box has shifted. It should line up with Red and Blue.

I am about to release an update.

The unhandled exception is probably caused by the fact that EDP can't find the C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Frontier_Developments\Products\elite-dangerous-64\OptionDefaults folder, if you want to fix it, please be in touch via email.

I've sorted out the other two problems in the update (I think you meant that the tone map profiles list on EDP's main page didn't make the tone map utility's own list pick the same), which has tidied all of the bits and bobs I neglected while focusing on the hard stuff. It also adds a HUD Brightness and Gamma bar, to let you see the result with either of those settings altered.

However, I have had to do this by eye and with educated guessing, mostly, so it may not be accurate. I've added a label asking people to test and let me know if they find any obvious mismatches between the preview and the game. If it's rampant, I'll just remove those additions - they aren't vital - for now.

If I were a betting man (which I am), I'd bet that they are 95% ok and the tools utility just increased in 2 new dimensions :)

Will edit this post when the update is released, hopefully in the next 30 minutes.

EDIT: Uploading. One more issue to fix, that I will do in another update is when saving a new profile, it should then select that profile.

PLEASE HELP BY TESTING THE TONE MAP GAMMA AND HUD SLIDERS -> compare preview to game and let me know if they don't match under certain values!

o7

For those that downloaded between these posts, please download again, I didn't realise I'd borked the preview system, fixed! Update to 3.1.3.10

Sorry for spam posts, but need to let everyone know I've reverted back to 3.1.3.8 for now, if you've updated before that, please uninstall and redownload/install

Hey guys, sorry about before, working on fixing it, but in the meantime, please enjoy this Tone Map I've come up with, I call it Psychedelic:

3SBueRg.png
[SUB] [/SUB]

The unhandled exception is probably caused by the fact that EDP can't find the C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Frontier_Developments\Products\elite-dangerous-64\OptionDefaults folder, if you want to fix it, please be in touch via email.
Firstly, let me say again, thanks for this utility!

That is apparently not my problem. That folder exists and has 8 .fxcfg files: Low to Ultra, regular and VR.

Firstly, let me say again, thanks for this utility!

That is apparently not my problem. That folder exists and has 8 .fxcfg files: Low to Ultra, regular and VR.

Ok the last game folder in the Products folder - does it have that
OptionDefaults folder?

I've also just updated, and it's now 99% finished, and not only have I done the HUD and gamma bars, but much more. Press shift-n to see the some of the update list. I really cleaned up the GUI/HUD Color Editor preview image, never noticed how bad it was on my old screen!

And here's another cool profile I found: gives the game a "graphic novel" feel. Not tested in all situations but at least this and the psychedelic one above help demonstrate how powerful this tool is:

gJ6SyIt.png

Top Bottom