Official "Introducing The Guardian Fighters" 3.2 SLF Trailer & PCGamesN article

look neat. but so basicly the guardians introduce us to anti gravity?
how otherwise could the fighter hang on to stuff that isnt attachted to the ship?!

One interesting detail - there was a humanoid figure in one of them. The current fighters are flow by telepresence, so did that indicate this or a seat for an actual pilot?

One interesting detail - there was a humanoid figure in one of them. The current fighters are flow by telepresence, so did that indicate this or a seat for an actual pilot?

Even the Current SLF have seats for the Holo me to appear in

Telepresence is current approach. FD has always designed all fighters with pilots in mind.

Mildly annoyed at this. One year ago I would have probably flipped a table.

Spiky ultra thin fuselage, held together by blue lightning bolts, with light blue glowy thingies for propulsion, straight of of some Japanese styled video game. I guess it just makes sense for FDEV to start appealing to different demographics, having initially promised a game with strong foundations in current day science and only so much space magic as to explain fundamental game mechanics (ie FTL travel / communications). But that's so 2014, right, those guys already paid, right?

Hey Braben, in light of this new art direction, starting with healing lasers, going through 3D-printed ships and smellypresence and culmination with this guardian tech, could we at least replace all stations in the galaxy with flat ones? I mean it makes no sense anymore to torture your playerbase into having to match the rotation of the station every time they dock, it's just a nuisance at this point. Just say that one of them Merlin Dumbledore RNGineers discovered artificial gravity in this guardian tech and let's make a nicer game for everyone.

Mildly annoyed at this. One year ago I would have probably flipped a table.

Spiky ultra thin fuselage, held together by blue lightning bolts, with light blue glowy thingies for propulsion, straight of of some Japanese styled video game. I guess it just makes sense for FDEV to start appealing to different demographics, having initially promised a game with strong foundations in current day science and only so much space magic as to explain fundamental game mechanics (ie FTL travel / communications). But that's so 2014, right, those guys already paid, right?

Hey Braben, in light of this new art direction, starting with healing lasers, going through 3D-printed ships and smellypresence and culmination with this guardian tech, could we at least replace all stations in the galaxy with flat ones? I mean it makes no sense anymore to torture your playerbase into having to match the rotation of the station every time they dock, it's just a nuisance at this point. Just say that one of them Merlin Dumbledore RNGineers discovered artificial gravity in this guardian tech and let's make a nicer game for everyone.

Mildly, you say?

How do magnets work?

magnets_c.jpg

OK... Let me overthink this for a little while...

Latest technological breakthrough in the war, possibly the history of mankind given it's alien origins and it's to be given directly to CMDR Tj who makes a living smuggling biowaste.

Seems legit. :D

They look cool.
Guess we now wait to see what the unlock requirements are.
My guess more blueprint segments required.

Unfortunately more grind for blueprints is probably inevitable.
If only they could find a way to implement new content that doesn't have the rng/grind.

The new fighters do look pretty cool.

Top Bottom