Patch Notes Update Update 3.2

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Just wait for the white knights explaining, why it is not necessary to fix bugs that crashes the game client.

This is a new low. I expected this but all these posts like "wait for the patch notes" were so confident. I think this is the final straw for me,
why should I play on a platform where crashes are not fixed?

Alienate user base with no information politics is one thing.

But not fixing bugs for known crashes is a new quality - the termination of the mac client began exactly this way.

This.

And this isn't the only bug that hasn't been fixed while known for months.
I've reported a QoL bug back when 2.4 was released and reported it again after every next update, it's still not in the patchnotes.

3.2 was going to be a small update, well they got the small part covered for sure.
Still there will be enough for the White Knights to dismiss every other opinion, the game is fine and perfectly balanced.

Awesome! I love that frontier continues to grow Elite Dangerous. Always providing more, thanks! Especially excited about Large Multi-Cannon turrets!

Wonderfully underwhelming patch, no real fixes of note, makes you wonder what they've been doing all this time. Think i'll stay on the Gnosis, certainly nothing to leave it for

This is unfortunately new way FD is doing things - they are trying to not to spoil people, but this also means lot of stuff are left out of changelogs. Also having secret things to discover kinda dictates new way to do it.

Yeah, I guess, but should fixes for major high profile bugs be considered secret things to discover?

Wonder what the new ship will look like? :)

tomytronic-3d.jpg

tn_400x300_1836_604_1300236276966_Tomy_3D_Jungle_Fighter.jpg

tn_1837_1426265564479_Tomy_3D_Planet_Zeon___3D_Space_Laser_W.jpeg

See here:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...-not-showing?p=6954294&viewfull=1#post6954294

I use the following to keep an eye on dev posts. I'd rep whoever keeps it running if I knew who it was, very useful:

https://elitedevtracker.com/

Thanks both. And thanks for FDev for acknowledging this - though I'm sorry it didn't get fixed in time/resources allocated for this patch.

This.

And this isn't the only bug that hasn't been fixed while known for months.
I've reported a QoL bug back when 2.4 was released and reported it again after every next update, it's still not in the patchnotes.

3.2 was going to be a small update, well they got the small part covered for sure.
Still there will be enough for the White Knights to dismiss every other opinion, the game is fine and perfectly balanced.

The 21:9 ultra wide cursor alignment issue in galmap and system map has been reported and acknowledged by Frontier every update since BEFORE GAMMA. And it is still not fixed.

Wonderfully underwhelming patch, no real fixes of note, makes you wonder what they've been doing all this time. Think i'll stay on the Gnosis, certainly nothing to leave it for
That big Q4 update they mentioned? The one that will be towards the end of the year. Remember that? Yeah. That's what they've been doing.

Ungrateful and entitled.. the lot of you. Most communities are toxic.. this one is just salty beyond measure.

While I appreciate the update, I was kinda hoping for some QoL bug fixes too.

I mean how long do we need to see NPC ships flying around blasting away at us with 0% power plant? And wing missions in solo... lol

I agree, the 0% power plant issue has been going on for far too long!

Just wait for the white knights explaining, why it is not necessary to fix bugs that crashes the game client.

I am just guessing but one explanation is that this is same code branch as 3.0 - intention was spread out content and align with story (therefore names of updates) - while team is working on new patch, fixing all issues, including this one.

FD has explained in the past that it is very costly to do work on old branch especially if team has moved on and that part of code will get refactored anyway. Granted, it does not help customers. And they are right to be disappointed and it is not my wish to tell how to feel about it.

Ergo context is, this branch won't see many bug fixes besides few critical ones. Q4 release most likely will.

I take it a lot of people haven't watched the live stream (due to work and other reasons) there is more implemented why not wait to complain until after the update is live and you can actually see what may or may not of been sorted

Last edited:
Thanks both. And thanks for FDev for acknowledging this - though I'm sorry it didn't get fixed in time/resources allocated for this patch.

Must be a miscommunication here in Paul's statement. THis part in particular...

We believe we have a possible solution which we will be aiming to introduce in a 3.3 update. So it won't be available in today's update but we're hopeful it will be available very soon.

Either he meant in a 3.2 update, or very soon means likely months. Or I suppose 3.3 will be available very soon, though that is unlikely. Most likely he just meant 3.2, and typed the wrong thing. Accuracy is however important.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom