Patch Notes Update Update 3.2

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Hello folks,

We've added two points that were missing from the patch notes. Sorry about that!

Missions
  • Introduced the cargo depot mechanic to non-wing delivery missions

General Fixes & Tweaks
  • Fixed issue where the system name would not appear correctly on the Starport welcome page.
Nice , especially the cargo depot for non wing missions.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Hello folks,

We've added two points that were missing from the patch notes. Sorry about that!

Missions
  • Introduced the cargo depot mechanic to non-wing delivery missions

General Fixes & Tweaks
  • Fixed issue where the system name would not appear correctly on the Starport welcome page.

Thanks, Will - the cargo depot being available to Solo missions is very welcome. :)

What a surprise, another implemented grind fest designed to keep you in the game because they feel without it, there's no playability.

gives you half the system name for the sectors and expect you to explore 20+ systems in the off chance of finding a site.

There is no help what so ever to start looking for Guardian Vessel Blueprint Segment apart from hey it's on 3 systems out of 60+ god luck suckers. enjoy our weak patch, can't really be called a content patch when there really is nothing in it worth a damn

Not sure if this has been reported, but I've noticed sometimes I can no longer use the Nav panel after being on-planet in an SRV for a while. I can open the panel, but there's no cursor.

nice patchnotes,
just that i see ZERO bugs fixed that i encounter on regular basis.
for example:

you guys fixed something about the turreted flechette launcher, but not the part where it doesn't work as a turret in multicrew?

for real?

I am just guessing but one explanation is that this is same code branch as 3.0 - intention was spread out content and align with story (therefore names of updates) - while team is working on new patch, fixing all issues, including this one.

FD has explained in the past that it is very costly to do work on old branch especially if team has moved on and that part of code will get refactored anyway. Granted, it does not help customers. And they are right to be disappointed and it is not my wish to tell how to feel about it.

Ergo context is, this branch won't see many bug fixes besides few critical ones. Q4 release most likely will.

So as such, they should have made the fixes before advancing. I'm sure the white knights back then said they shouldn't be pressured to make the bug fixes.

You say you have fixed the order of the bobblehead pieces on the Krait, but you haven’t.

I went into the bobblehead slots in the livery and entered the following:

1. d
2. e
3. r
4. m
5. y
6. (Left empty)
7. b
8. u
9. d
10. !

This should spell out the name of my ship: Dermy Bud. ( I added the ! in the slots just to see where it ends up.)

KK, this is how it now looks:

.d .. e .. r ....... m .. y
...............u ... b
d ........... !

Note that the ub should be bu.

Ignore the full stops in the above, buy you appear to have restricted the number of spaces I can put in my text!!

Did you even check this “fix” before you announced it FDev? :(

This is on XBox by the way.

Last edited:
I kind of wish they hadn’t told us there was guardian beacons, but left it as something do be discovered like they did with the UA stuff. They could have had something in GalNet, maybe from Palin about a UA or other tech that had reacted to an unexpected new signal source that seems to be eminating from such and such a place. This ‘the guardians have beacons and we know about them and exactly what they are now go find them’ is a bit of a weaker approach I think. Would have been nice to have what they are, what they do etc left to be discovered.

This should not surprise anyone really, Fdev has not been playtesting new things for some time now. Heck, the FSD boosters went live broken TWICE when a one minute play test would have caught it both times.

Maybe there was just too much content to fully test in this update? ;)

I think the more likely reality is that Fdev isn't bothering to do proper QA on Elite updates, maybe QA is too busy with the other franchises to work it in.

That's some quality testing right there.

Open Powerplay SOON™, I hope?

Yeah, this update is nothing, and I've given up hope that smuggling will actually be updated. Updating fines and bounties isn't updating smuggling.

Also, teasing ships w/ blueprints then giving out SLFs was a bit of a backhanded compliment. I can understand it from a drip-feed point of view, and we all know that we'll need to grind these SLF in order to unlock the grind for actual Guardian ships down the line, but it was still a bit of a nasty way to tease them.

Ah well, guess it's back to waiting for the Panthera Clipper. Nothing else this year has been interesting beyond installations.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom