News Contest: Engineers in Colonia

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
Greetings Commanders!

As the new frontier of human civilisation expands outside of the bubble brand new Engineers have made their way to Colonia. As these Engineers are fresh to Colonia their initial services will be of a low grade rank but with your help they’ll be able to quickly improve. Join in and be part of Colonia's history in the making, and help these Engineers reach their true potential.

Your service will be essential in improving these engineers as quickly as possible and we’ve set up a competition to help get things moving.

Competition Time!

Want to win a Hyper X headset and mouse mat, as well as some in-game goodies? Take a screenshot of your ship at one of the new Engineer bases and email it to us at community@frontier.co.uk with the subject line 'Contest: Engineers in Colonia', to be entered in to the prize draw.

Rules

• Take a screenshot of your ship near one of the Colonia Engineer bases
  • Email your screenshot to community@frontier.co.uk with the subject line 'Contest: Engineers in Colonia'
  • Competition starts 29th August and ends 28th September at 4PM BST
  • Objectionable or offensive content will be disqualified.
  • No submission should violate the Elite Dangerous EULA and TOS.
  • Frontier Developments reserve the right to edit/adjust/alter images as we see fit.
  • Frontier Developments has the right to remove any entry at their sole discretion
  • Frontier Developments will own the copyright of any image submitted and will have the full rights to use the image in any promotional material or future activity.
  • Frontier Developments has the final word on submitted screenshots and winners will be announced after the event.
  • Frontier Developments employees are excluded from participating in the event.
  • Frontier Developments reserve the right to exchange any prize for a prize of similar value.

Prize

• Hyper X Headset and Mousemat
  • Ship Kit
  • Paint Job
  • Decal

Good luck Commanders!

Well the prize could have included a stackfull of materials! See it as in-game vouchers to spend at these Colonial Engineers.

Oof. I literally just came back from Colonia a few days ago. Well, I’m 60% through pioneer so maybe a (pretty much) guarantee of Elite rank following another trip out there will be an incentive to do another 21K. The question now is, what ship? I’m sure pretty much everyone will have an AspX, which is the best ship I have for the trip really but shipping out something a little more rare to see in those parts would bankrupt Buffett. Desisions, desisions.

More engineers, good & different!

So much time it takes to invite them to Colonia! (1,5 year)
So many letters were wrote to see them so far from the bubble!
People who live in Colonia awaited for you all

Fantastic - photo contest!

I have won one on 5th of April this year, and still not received my reward, despite promisses made by FD staff quite frequently.
So I do not think I will be taking part in any more such contests, as symbolic as the rewards are, we should still get them.

o7

Deleted member 110222

D
That feeling when you just got back from the shops with a HyperX mouse mat in hand, and you already have a Cloud 2.

I have won one on 5th of April this year, and still not received my reward, despite promisses made by FD staff quite frequently.
So I do not think I will be taking part in any more such contests, as symbolic as the rewards are, we should still get them.

o7

I remember your win.

Think I can remind the developers about this case when send a letter with a screenshot. I hope the winners - both the previous and the future-will not have to wait for years of honestly won prizes, as a Colony of engineers.

Game should be pleasant...

Paige Harvey

Community Manager

o7

Hey Commander,

I emailed you back a couple of weeks ago letting you know the prize was all signed up and had been packaged. I believe it's going to be sent out Monday so I do apologise for not communicating that last bit!

Deleted member 110222

D
But if you had two of each you could dress them up and have parties...er...I mean you could have spares if they break or to give to friends!

True. Alas I just wiped save. :D

My buddy will have to get his own.

Still trying to convince him to get a Cloud. I describe this headset as VR for the ears.

That fellow CMDRs is why you should enter. HyperX is the best in its market.

Five months? Really? What were you doing, fetching the prize from Colonia ? :)

my guess is it took 30 mins to "sign it up" (whatever that should mean), five months of slow and careful maceration in an excel file, traditional style, and another 30 min to "package".

that office must be an interesting cave ...

Greetings Commanders!

Your service will be essential in improving these engineers as quickly as possible and we’ve set up a competition to help get things moving.

Rules

• Take a screenshot of your ship near one of the Colonia Engineer bases
  • Email your screenshot to community@frontier.co.uk with the subject line 'Contest: Engineers in Colonia'
  • Competition starts 29th August and ends 28th September at 4PM BST
  • Objectionable or offensive content will be disqualified.

Good luck Commanders!

Hi, Paul Crowther!

Q. Is it possible to extend the competition for at least a couple of weeks?

Reason: people are crazy about Gnosis and its mission, the timing is exactly the same , and get out of the closed region like it is impossible.

A similar situation was with the level of corrosion-resistant prof. Palin’s racks: the large-scale Dangerous Games coincided with the CG, which determined the size of the rack, - and as a result of the rack remained small capacity.

For Colonia :)

Last edited:
Greetings Commanders!

As the new frontier of human civilisation expands outside of the bubble brand new Engineers have made their way to Colonia. As these Engineers are fresh to Colonia their initial services will be of a low grade rank but with your help they’ll be able to quickly improve. Join in and be part of Colonia's history in the making, and help these Engineers reach their true potential.

Hi Paul,

I'd absolutely love to engage with this community-driven Content just released to Colonia, but unfortunately FDev decided that the unlock requirements are that one has to have engaged with Engineers back in the Bubble first.

As a Pilot who has not been back to the Bubble since before Engineers was released, this effectively means that in order to engage with my local Content, I would have to make a 40kLY round-trip first.

I'm dreadfully sorry to say this, but while I always welcome new Content in Colonia, this particular decision was, IMHO, rather poorly thought out.

Nobody is asking to be handed unlocked Engineers on a plate when others have had to work hard to access Engineers. But it would have made MUCH more sense if the Colonia Engineers could be discovered and unlocked from within Colonia. Another forum member in another thread suggested using Jacques as a starting-off point (basically docking at Jacques would introduce you to the first Colonia Engineer, who would have some local unlock requirements appropriate for Colonia and then triggers the others).

Anyway, I'm guessing it is what it is. Shame I won't get to see them; at least not during their community-driven development stage.

Fly safe,
- Cmdr Myshka.

Deleted member 38366

D
Hi Paul,

I'd absolutely love to engage with this community-driven Content just released to Colonia, but unfortunately FDev decided that the unlock requirements are that one has to have engaged with Engineers back in the Bubble first.

As a Pilot who has not been back to the Bubble since before Engineers was released, this effectively means that in order to engage with my local Content, I would have to make a 40kLY round-trip first.

I'm dreadfully sorry to say this, but while I always welcome new Content in Colonia, this particular decision was, IMHO, rather poorly thought out.

Nobody is asking to be handed unlocked Engineers on a plate when others have had to work hard to access Engineers. But it would have made MUCH more sense if the Colonia Engineers could be discovered and unlocked from within Colonia. Another forum member in another thread suggested using Jacques as a starting-off point (basically docking at Jacques would introduce you to the first Colonia Engineer, who would have some local unlock requirements appropriate for Colonia and then triggers the others).

Anyway, I'm guessing it is what it is. Shame I won't get to see them; at least not during their community-driven development stage.

Fly safe,
- Cmdr Myshka.

Hm, all Colonia Engineer Bases are vanilla Planetary Ports. So that means they're quite big.
Since the NFZ isn't huge, I believe you could still participate by
- taking a shot from a distance (use 4.0 Zoom)
- taking a HighRes Screenshot and using a cut-out of that large Image for added Zoom
- accepting a Ship loss and submit a Screenshot of you being engaged by the Base (due to not being invited yet)
- trying to get closer while in an SRV (unsure, might be possible)
(edit)
- MultiCrew? A bit deep in "untested" experimental territory... no idea how an Engineer reacts to a Ship carrying an "uninvited" MC member (?)
- an SLF launched from a mothership parked at a safe distance maybe? Low-Level penetration attempt? Might work, similar to an SRV attempt

I know it's a far shot, but in theory - still a valid submission. Maybe a zoomed shot from straight above it, just outside the NFZ?
If you need the exact Base locations, I can do a quick trip and get you all Coordinates for the 4 Bases.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a bit of a noob who just flew all the way out to Colonia BEFORE I realised I needed to perform some magic I feel your pain, and then some!

Top Bottom