Status on Gnosis-related Bugs

Will Flanagan

Product Manager
Frontier
Greetings Commanders.

We are aware of several issues affecting Commanders located at the Gnosis. The team are actively investigating and addressing these issues, so if you encounter any related to the Gnosis and the Thargoid attack, please report them here.

Currently:

• The Interceptors that were causing shutdowns and destruction have been moved further away from the Gnosis, addressing player complaints of being destroyed before leaving docking pads.
  • The Gnosis' controlling faction is no longer issuing fines for fighting within its No Fire zone. Commanders are urged to defend against the imminent alien threat. Be warned, shooting at the Gnosis will result in fines.
  • For those Commanders who have found themselves detained further away, please contact our support team who will be happy to move you back to the Gnosis, should you wish to be…
Thank you for your understanding!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, that was quick!

I will add Will that scenario itself is very cool. Just testing and a bit more planning would be welcome. But don't feel discouraged...this is what we really want - more dynamic galaxy.

Last edited:
s/how/who/

s/at at/at/

As Pavement said, type slowly.

Back on the planet now
I'm beginning to see just how
Echelon your dreams and they'll come true
Type slowly

Greetings Commanders.

We are aware of several issues affecting Commanders located at the Gnosis. The team are actively investigating and addressing these issues, so if you encounter any related to the Gnosis and the Thargoid attack, please report them here.

Currently:

• The Interceptors that were causing shutdowns and destruction have been moved further away from the Gnosis, addressing player complaints of being destroyed before leaving docking pads.
  • The Gnosis' controlling faction is no longer issuing fines for fighting within its No Fire zone. Commanders are urged to defend against the imminent alien threat. Be warned, shooting at at the Gnosis will result in fines.
  • For those Commanders who have found themselves detained further away, please contact our support team who will be happy to move you back to the Gnosis, should you wish to be…

Thanks Will. Great that you got the issues sorted quickly.

Thanks Will.

I actually think the detention centre worked in an interesting - if emergent - way, as Cmdrs quick to launch before assessing the situation were in effect 'rescued' (into detention). For me this works as a way to make the megaship 'difficult to stay on' which sets it apart from normal starports, where logically a AAA ship replacement service makes more sense, due to ship storage constraints.

Cheers for the update.

Thanks for fixing it so quickly! I ain't at the Gnosis but the current bloodbath definitely makes me wanna head out there and enjoy it in VR.

Been away from Elite for a few months along with a lot of friends. We all planned on coming back to Elite. We logged in, started engaging again, and moved to Gnosis.

Aaaand, we've all quit again. Once you guys actually sort out an engaging story line we might be back, but after this. Again. It's unlikely.

Horse - Door - Stable

Too little too late, FD have one irreparable damage to the game, and destroyed the confidence many of us still had in the company. It is beyond belief that no one in FD thought of the consequences of having the Gnosis attacked, what did they expect the 1000's of Commanders on that ship to do - calmly and orderly take off whilst under fire, fly the minimum 10km away whilst under fire, then carefully select their targets ensuring that no stray shots will go near the Gnosis, all the while ensuring that during combat manoeuvres they don't encroach back into the No Fire Zone?

And did anyone at FD even think of what would happen if a Commander did fire early, to try to save his ship, incur a fine, then get destroyed - did they even wonder where the Commander would respawn?

No, it seems someone had a bright idea, everyone cheered, no one thought, "Umm, have we actually thought this through?"

Greetings Commanders.

Currently:

• The Gnosis' controlling faction is no longer issuing fines for fighting within its No Fire zone. Commanders are urged to defend against the imminent alien threat. Be warned, shooting at at the Gnosis will result in fines.

I've re-read this several times and I'm genuinely surprised that I don't see words like "apologise" or "sorry" anywhere within it.

Perhaps that'd be the best place to start?

Top Bottom