Powerplay One-Man Blockade in Cubeo

Was heading back home from the Gnosis the other week. As I arrived in Cubeo was interdicted and destroyed by an FDL, one-man blockade against the Imperials by Federation force of one.

1. Anyone arriving in Cubeo, please be on the look-out for an FDL (won't name/shame here since he's role-playing but if you need the name, please PM me so you know who to look for).

2. Last time I checked, if the Federation was going to do a blockade on an entire, very busy star system, it MIGHT be more effective if there was more than ONE player doing the blockade. When he logs out, the blockade is no longer there. Just sayin'. ;)

Was heading back home from the Gnosis the other week. As I arrived in Cubeo was interdicted and destroyed by an FDL, one-man blockade against the Imperials by Federation force of one.

1. Anyone arriving in Cubeo, please be on the look-out for an FDL (won't name/shame here since he's role-playing but if you need the name, please PM me so you know who to look for).

2. Last time I checked, if the Federation was going to do a blockade on an entire, very busy star system, it MIGHT be more effective if there was more than ONE player doing the blockade. When he logs out, the blockade is no longer there. Just sayin'. ;)

Thanks, one point though.
Your signature image is cool but... comic sans? really?

May as well name and shame. Not like anything gets done about it aside from several commanders swarming to intercept said commander...

Ok...who from the FUC is guilty of such heroism? Maybe it was ree patrol or NOMADS?

Give us the ship name at least.

These blockades are for fun but mostly to hinder merits from being reported and also to cause general disruption, its part of powerplay.

May as well name and shame. Not like anything gets done about it aside from several commanders swarming to intercept said commander...

I wish I could get several CMDRs to swarm and intercept me when I visit Cubeo. I think AD leadership needs to overhaul their quick response protocol. :D

One man isn't a blockade, it's a raid or marauder. That one person can cause so much grief to AD players is amusing. Good luck out there! ��

Thanks, one point though.
Your signature image is cool but... comic sans? really?
Vomits into bowl

Oh, come on. Why does everyone hate that font? :O And I've had it since first logging on, too.

Ok...who from the FUC is guilty of such heroism? Maybe it was ree patrol or NOMADS?
Give us the ship name at least.
These blockades are for fun but mostly to hinder merits from being reported and also to cause general disruption, its part of powerplay.

Actually it was his second time intercepting me (happened a few months ago as well). Ship has no name, so just watch for a fer de lance. Not going to break forum rules by putting his name up. We all know TJ is watching. :eek:

One man isn't a blockade, it's a raid or marauder. That one person can cause so much grief to AD players is amusing. Good luck out there! ��

Nope he's stating upon your arrival with a macro script that Cubeo is under Federation blockade and you have to leave the system. If you don't leave he'll interdict you and give you a few seconds to think it over and hi-wake out, so he's fair about it. He just doesn't seem to realize that I normally just wait until he logs out and then return to base anyway. I've never seen anyone else running this so-called blockade other than him.

Perhaps, in his MIND, it's a Federation blockade. ;)

Last edited:
Nope he's stating upon your arrival with a macro script that Cubeo is under Federation blockade and you have to leave the system. If you don't leave he'll interdict you and give you a few seconds to think it over and hi-wake out, so he's fair about it. He just doesn't seem to realize that I normally just wait until he logs out and then return to base anyway. I've never seen anyone else running this so-called blockade other than him.

Perhaps, in his MIND, it's a Federation blockade. ;)

It appears to be working then, if it at least slows down incoming powerplayers.

I would think that anyone who frequents Cubeo on PC in open knows exactly who this is, and he's been doing it for a long time indeed.

Yes he is blockading the system, he is a Hudson cmdr, yes he has rules on who he will or won't attack and will give low ranked people a chance to leave or un-pledge from AD, and no he is not always on his own, he is often with some other VERY skilled PVP'ers.

I know him well, I have fought him many, many, many times, he is a good RP'er and fun to go against, his FDL is not a "meta" loadout, so isn't instant death from him (in fact our FDLs have pretty much the same weapons), seeing him in game doing his blockade is actually something I look forward to.

Also yes he has seen this thread, he is the one who told me about it! :)

How do you know it's a man, and not a woman. Or a Thargoid in disguise. Or something else. :eek:
Logically and if you take into consideration, the need for political correctness and today's social etiquette requirements. It would be unwise to even suggest, or think; that a woman would be doing something, so stupid, as trying to take on a Power's H.Q, system; alone. :D

Also yes he has seen this thread, he is the one who told me about it! :)

Not a problem - I don't mind "role-playing" as he did give me a chance - I just didn't aim my ship in the right direction to high-wake out before his "timer" expired, probably thought I was using a delay-tactic. I wasn't; it was just lousy aim on my part.

Top Bottom