Release EDDI Scripts and EDDI enabled VA Commands Thread

Hi,

for some time now, I have a problem with the script "System state report". It always reports what is in the "|else" branch at the bottom, no matter what the system state is.

Here is the script I use. It is triggered with the FSD engaged event/script.

Code:
{_ Fetch from context }
{set reportsystem to SystemDetails(state.eddi_context_system_system)}

{if !reportsystem.name || reportbody.name = "":
    Bitte das Sternen System spezifizieren.
|else:
    Dieses System
    {if reportsystem.state = "Rückzug"             || reportsystem.state = "Retreat"   : ist im Rückzug.
    |elif reportsystem.state = "Krieg"                || reportsystem.state = "War"       : ist im Kriegszustand. Vorsicht ist geboten!
    |elif reportsystem.state = "Aufschwung"     || reportsystem.state = "Boom"      : ist im Aufschwung. Hier könnten sich gute Geschäfte ergeben.
    |elif reportsystem.state = "Bürgerkrieg"     || reportsystem.state = "Civil War" : macht einen Bürgerkrieg durch. Vorsicht ist geboten!
    |elif reportsystem.state = "Zivile Unruhen" || reportsystem.state = "Civil Unrest"    : befindet sich in Aufruhr. Vorsicht ist geboten
    |elif reportsystem.state = "Hungersnot"     || reportsystem.state = "Famine"    : durchleidet eine Hungersnot. Vorsicht ist geboten!
    |elif reportsystem.state = "Abriegelung"    || reportsystem.state = "Lockdown"  : ist gegenwärtig abgeriegelt. Vorsicht ist geboten
    |elif reportsystem.state = "Ausbruch"        || reportsystem.state = "Outbreak"  : versucht den Ausbruch einer Seuche zu verhindern. Vorsicht ist geboten!
    |elif reportsystem.state = "Expansion"      || reportsystem.state = "Expansion" : bereitet eine Expansion in ein weiteres System vor.
    |elif reportsystem.state = "Pleite"              || reportsystem.state = "Bust"      : ist pleite.
    |elif reportsystem.state = "Wahlen"           || reportsystem.state = "Election"  : wählt eine neue Führung
    |elif reportsystem.state = "Investition"       || reportsystem.state = "Investment": investiert zur Zeit in seine Infrastruktur.
    |else:
     meldet keinen besonderen Zustand.
    }
}

I also tried the original script, the one that comes with EDDI and it is the same thing.
Anybody else has this problem? Any help is appreciated.
I use version EDDI v.3.1.0-b1 and I play ED in german language.

Thanks

Hi Homunk,

I've just tried this with a few systems (Sol, Leesti, Kokobii, LTT 2322) and the State is always being reported as "None" so that's why you are getting those results. I also tried bodies and stations, and those are blank. However, I tried allegiance and that does work, so it seems that only some system information is missing.

Looks like this is a bug, and one for the developers.

-=] Darkcyde [=-

Hi Homunk,

I've just tried this with a few systems (Sol, Leesti, Kokobii, LTT 2322) and the State is always being reported as "None" so that's why you are getting those results. I also tried bodies and stations, and those are blank. However, I tried allegiance and that does work, so it seems that only some system information is missing.

Looks like this is a bug, and one for the developers.

-=] Darkcyde [=-
Hmm... I just tried to replicate this with the latest nightly build but wasn't able to do so, either in EDDI standalone or VoiceAttack.
According to our data source, Leesti is currently in Boom. With my simple test script, I get 'Boom' in English and I get 'Aufschwung' in German... which all appears to be correct.
My simple script, for reference:
Code:
{set reportsystem to SystemDetails('Leesti')}
{reportsystem.state}
What state was displayed in-game for the systems you were visiting at the time?
Please open a bug report if the issue persists.

Edit: Remember... state is not infrequently "None" ("Kein" in German)

Hmm... I just tried to replicate this with the latest nightly build but wasn't able to do so, either in EDDI standalone or VoiceAttack.
According to our data source, Leesti is currently in Boom. With my simple test script, I get 'Boom' in English and I get 'Aufschwung' in German... which all appears to be correct.
My simple script, for reference:
Code:
{set reportsystem to SystemDetails('Leesti')}
{reportsystem.state}
What state was displayed in-game for the systems you were visiting at the time?
Please open a bug report if the issue persists.

Edit: Remember... state is not infrequently "None" ("Kein" in German)

Just tried your simple script. The output is "Kein". I tried with a few other stations and its always "Kein".
So it seems with, whatever build you used it works and with EDDI v.3.1.0-b1 it doesn't.

Just tried your simple script. The output is "Kein". I tried with a few other stations and its always "Kein".
So it seems with, whatever build you used it works and with EDDI v.3.1.0-b1 it doesn't.

I have to concur. The script I used to test is literally just "{SystemDetails('Leesti').state}". I have just tried again, using both the suggested script above and my 'one-liner' and I am still getting 'None' for all systems tried, including Leesti which is still in a Boom state.

As an addition to this, I have also noticed that the 'Mission faction state' script is not reporting anything at all when accepting or completing missions.

I'll open a support request.

-=] Darkcyde [=-

EDIT: Reported.

Last edited:
I have to concur. The script I used to test is literally just "{SystemDetails('Leesti').state}". I have just tried again, using both the suggested script above and my 'one-liner' and I am still getting 'None' for all systems tried, including Leesti which is still in a Boom state.

As an addition to this, I have also noticed that the 'Mission faction state' script is not reporting anything at all when accepting or completing missions.

-=] Darkcyde [=-

Thanks

I'm pleased to announce that beta release 3.1-b2 is now available from https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/releases/tag/Release/3.1-b2 (or from EDDI's auto updater). Click the link for the release notes. :)

-=] Darkcyde [=-

Please update the ticket if this new release resolves the issue. :)

Last edited:
Hi Everyone!

It's that time again when I finally get off my butt, stop tinkering with scripts, and actually get around to releasing the latest version of my EDDI personality.

This one has had a lot done since my last release, and a large part of that is the recent removal of my Missions System, replacing it with the new EDDI built-in version. On the plus side, the auto-nav route plotting with Voice Attack is much improved, and more reliable with actually activating.

There are many other changes and improvements, and probably a load of stuff I forgot to mention in the change log too.

Well, here it is. Try it, like it, or hate it. ;)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h7z0sa85afnjw81/Darkcydes_Defaults_19-10-18.rar?dl=0

You can also get it from the link in my signature below.

Have fun Cmdrs, and don't forget to read the change log for some important information!

Any questions, suggestions, or bug reports, just let me know! :D

Fly safe out there! o7

-=] Darkcyde [=-

EDIT: I've found an critical error in an important script (Mission Route Update) that will sometimes break mission update reporting. I accidentally left something out when testing last thing last night. I've fixed it and uploaded the fixed version. I've change the link above and the one in my signature, so please download again if you haven't already got a copy.

Last edited:
Yep, I just removed EDDI and the CPU usage went back to normal.
Hi Commander. I just tried flying around a bit with EDDI version 3.1.0-b2 running in VoiceAttack (including jumping to another system, which usually puts a bit more strain on EDDI as it loads new system data). VoiceAttack's CPU usage topped out at just over 4%. We need more information to be able to replicate the issue that you are reporting.

What is the "normal" VoiceAttack CPU utilization on your system?
Which EDDI version are you using?
Are you seeing CPU spikes, or prolonged elevated levels?
Were you doing anything in-game at the time? If so, what?
Do your log files (recorded to %APPDATA%/EDDI/) record any exceptions? Any repetitious data?
Does the issue persist when you are using the default EDDI.vap and EDDI personality?

Please report this issue to https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/issues with the requested details so that we can investigate further? Thanks!

Hi Everyone!

It's that time again when I finally get off my butt, stop tinkering with scripts, and actually get around to releasing the latest version of my EDDI personality.

This one has had a lot done since my last release, and a large part of that is the recent removal of my Missions System, replacing it with the new EDDI built-in version. On the plus side, the auto-nav route plotting with Voice Attack is much improved, and more reliable with actually activating.

There are many other changes and improvements, and probably a load of stuff I forgot to mention in the change log too.

Well, here it is. Try it, like it, or hate it. ;)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h7z0sa85afnjw81/Darkcydes_Defaults_19-10-18.rar?dl=0

You can also get it from the link in my signature below.

Have fun Cmdrs, and don't forget to read the change log for some important information!

Any questions, suggestions, or bug reports, just let me know! :D

Fly safe out there! o7

-=] Darkcyde [=-

EDIT: I've found an critical error in an important script (Mission Route Update) that will sometimes break mission update reporting. I accidentally left something out when testing last thing last night. I've fixed it and uploaded the fixed version. I've change the link above and the one in my signature, so please download again if you haven't already got a copy.

Thanks for sharing. Been using your personality as a base for a while now. Thanks again.

Hi,
I would like to integrate my own voice files into EDDI.
Unfortunately, didn't figure it out. Can someone give me an example of how it could work?

I have already tried that.

{Play('E:\\OBS files\\Audio\\MP3\\Docking_music.wav')}

Sorry im a noob!

Hi,
I would like to integrate my own voice files into EDDI.
Unfortunately, didn't figure it out. Can someone give me an example of how it could work?

I have already tried that.

{Play('E:\\OBS files\\Audio\\MP3\\Docking_music.wav')}

Sorry im a noob!

Hi Lyranel,

I've just tried this out with some .wav files of my own. The command you are using is correct, however, some of my .wav files would play this way, while others produced no sound in EDDI. Maybe the files you are trying to play are suffering from the same problem mine are?

While I couldn't immediately see what was different between my files that work, and those that didn't, I then checked them out with the free MediaInfo program and found that my .wav files that did not work were actually .mp3, just renamed. Maybe check them out with that software to make sure they are real .wav files? I noticed that your folder structure does say MP3 in it, have you renamed them from MP3 to WAV? If so, then that's your problem as they need to be proper .wav files.

-=] Darkcyde [=-

Hi Lyranel,

I've just tried this out with some .wav files of my own. The command you are using is correct, however, some of my .wav files would play this way, while others produced no sound in EDDI. Maybe the files you are trying to play are suffering from the same problem mine are?

While I couldn't immediately see what was different between my files that work, and those that didn't, I then checked them out with the free MediaInfo program and found that my .wav files that did not work were actually .mp3, just renamed. Maybe check them out with that software to make sure they are real .wav files? I noticed that your folder structure does say MP3 in it, have you renamed them from MP3 to WAV? If so, then that's your problem as they need to be proper .wav files.

-=] Darkcyde [=-

Thanks for the hint With the software.
I have checked all of my files and they are all real wave files. I create my sound files with adobe audition.
I also tried sound files with a realy short runtime, but they will not play either.

This is just a stab in the dark, but since the WAV files are being played via SSML tags, the selected voice may be a factor. It might be worth trying a different voice.
I would also have a look at EDDI's log (in %APPDATA%\EDDI) in case it has any info.

This is just a stab in the dark, but since the WAV files are being played via SSML tags, the selected voice may be a factor. It might be worth trying a different voice.
I would also have a look at EDDI's log (in %APPDATA%\EDDI) in case it has any info.

Lyranel PM'd me with the answer earlier. It turns out they had to be 16bit WAV files at most, so any 16bit or lower would work, but any higher bit rate wouldn't work. Would it be worth updating the help with this information under the Play() function?

Top Bottom