General Gameplay Contract has more relations to each department

Your Feature Request / Idea
Last weekend I received a contract from Security chief to build, connect, and power an Arcade store. Yeh, perhaps security team needs some entertainment. But I really think the contracts can be done better if they have more relations to the each different departments. For example:
Science
- Expedition contracts
- Fossil contracts
- Dinosaurs creation
- Build or upgrade Expedition, fossil, research, Hammond buildings.
Entertainment
- Dinosaurs visibility
- Photo shot
- Visitor numbers, income, profit
- Dinosaur and facility rating
- build, connect, power viewing facility, gyrosphere, various stores.
Security
- Storm defense range
- Visitor shelter range
- Build or upgrade ranger, ACU, power stations and substations
- Prevent power outage or visitor casualty
These are just rough classification. I can understand many people dislike the contracts mechanism, but there're still room to improve.

Agreed.

Also, while most of the contracts are solid as tutorials for the game, they are really not deep enough to spark memorable interests. The exceptions are the lone special missions associated with each island. I wish there are more contracts of such caliber to come.

If they need inspiration, I think the best way is to ask Director Colin. I’m sure they have loads of fascinating dropped ideas which can be used, particularly the silence period between JP3 and JW. I think the game would benefit a lot with well-crafted, interest sparking missions from each division.

But of course, this works best when more advanced gameplay features are added. The point is – they shouldn’t be treated as servants for the features. In contrary, the features should exist to serve the contracts.

Yeah also agree. I really thought that by having 3x divisions the story would pan out in 3x different ways depending on which you favoured and encourage 3x different playthroughs of the campaign. I feel the campaign could be way more engaging if the missions had more purpose to them based on what the head of the division ultimately wants to achieve. Having the contract types relate better to each faction would be a step in the right direction to give them a more authentic feel.

Thank both of your suggestions. I have some idea for the missions as well and will post as another topic.

There are some contracts difficult to classify into divisions, though:
- Sell dinosaur %X of rating %Y: relates to income and rating, should be entertainment?
- Assist victory in fighting:
- Allow dinosaur %X to win another dinosaur %Y in a fight:
Winner in fighting gains more infamy score which results in higher dinosaur rating, so probably belongs to entertainment contracts as well.

Thank both of your suggestions. I have some idea for the missions as well and will post as another topic.

There are some contracts difficult to classify into divisions, though:
- Sell dinosaur %X of rating %Y: relates to income and rating, should be entertainment?
- Assist victory in fighting:
- Allow dinosaur %X to win another dinosaur %Y in a fight:
Winner in fighting gains more infamy score which results in higher dinosaur rating, so probably belongs to entertainment contracts as well.

Yeah selling dinos - I could understand any..... I mean the recipient might want to buy the dinosaur for weapons testing so could boost security or they could want to use it for medical research and therefore is more of a science booster.

Fighting dinos is more a security or entertainment I'd say. The contract should boost both reps. Not sure science gains much from dino's dying other than proving some of the attack/defence enhancement genes.

Top Bottom