Suggestions for improving the roleplaying forums

Can this forum also be used for discussions about lore, with topics such as faction history, canon name standards, and so forth? It's very relevant to roleplaying, after all. I ask because there doesn't seem to be any other suitable place for such discussions. In example, a thread about name standards was removed from the Fiction forum because that forum is "for authorised works of fiction only", and the thread went downhill once it was placed in the General forum. Alternatively, I think the Fiction forum should double as a lore forum.

Michael Brookes

Game Director
Yes that is relevant to roleplaying so can be included here. I need to setup some thread prefixes to aid thread identification. I'll update the rules section when that is done.

Michael

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Can this forum also be used for discussions about lore, with topics such as faction history, canon name standards, and so forth? It's very relevant to roleplaying, after all. I ask because there doesn't seem to be any other suitable place for such things. In example, a thread about name standards was removed from the Fiction forum because that forum is "for authorised works of fiction only". Alternatively, I think the Fiction forum should double as a lore forum.

5 mins from the new forums creation and we already have the first suggestion :D

It's a good one too. I also miss a lore discussion specific place. This discussion having place under RP forums umbrella seems like a good idea, as it will give both GMs and roleplayers a good background and information base when creating stories, characters etc.

I second that!

Yes that is relevant to roleplaying so can be included here. I need to setup some thread prefixes to aid thread identification. I'll update the rules section when that is done.

Michael

Sorry to be a pain (and thank you for setting up the forum) but a possible addition to this might be to have a prefix for Elite Encounters (the Elite RPG) threads. Not for discussing the mechanics of the game, but rather to get a game going here on the forums. :)

This is excellent! Thanks for setting it up, Michael.

I'm completely new to RPG, other than dabbling with Elite Encounters at Lavecon and Fantasticon, and i've been quite interested in seeing how it will come together in the Elite universe.

When Dave releases EE this'll be a great place to arrange some get together... Roll20 anyone? :)

Can we have the dark Elite background back to T&FdL? (And perhaps to the whole RP section) Its feels way too unnatural to have such a bright lighting at the bar...

I second the bright light worries. We would not like to show off our brutally handsome features in broad daylight. That would stun and amaze our adversaries, granting an unfair advantage! :cool:

Thanks

A dark page background looks more like ..
.. the ego crushing nothingness of deep-space
and the environment within which all roles are played ..

Last edited:
Can this forum also be used for more short term RP threads?
I hosted a race event in the game earlier, and made up a fictional Galnet report for it, as you can see in my signature.

Would be nice if i could move these sort of things to this forum, people who reply however would obviously have to do it in character. But they can always contact me in other means to get into the race.
An appropriate tag for this would be [Event] or something.

Also in case i could use this forum for this, for the sake of getting exposure for the race, would it be allowed to somehow make a dual thread? one in RP and one in general for a more general discussion about the race, because i doubt many people will be visiting here :)

Michael Brookes

Game Director
Can this forum also be used for more short term RP threads?
I hosted a race event in the game earlier, and made up a fictional Galnet report for it, as you can see in my signature.

Would be nice if i could move these sort of things to this forum, people who reply however would obviously have to do it in character. But they can always contact me in other means to get into the race.
An appropriate tag for this would be [Event] or something.

Also in case i could use this forum for this, for the sake of getting exposure for the race, would it be allowed to somehow make a dual thread? one in RP and one in general for a more general discussion about the race, because i doubt many people will be visiting here :)

All roleplaying threads need to be here in this section, so no dual threads. Short events are fine and just use the existing tags.

Michael

Suggestion: move existing lore threads here? There was one on planets in Elite universe and one on names, can't find links atm though.

Anyone know of a dice roller we could use effectively in a play-by-post format here?

I'd need 4df personally if that makes a difference.

Last edited:
Me and my brother are trying to get the sanna system move over to empire.
But im starting to feel rushed by the Galnet. Within a few weeks from release the emperor already about to die.
manny of us or most I think haven't even got all settings complete in their pc's.
and there's a trader in system beta-1_bladisomething to whom I can't talk or interact with.
I love the political side of the game, don't care about money or status at all.
its the role play where the biggest gains can be made if you'd ask me.
as an experienced ad&d player I believe this could be the binding factor and could eliminate the now already traditional forming of clans& guilds.
perhaps extra scores for following storylines correctly is interesting another thing to become elite in?
On teamspeak people often ask "how much money have you got?" I tend to think of it as eating your candy too fast.
and im sorry to say. The 10.000 pounds reward does add to that candy eating behaviour.

some sugestions

after discovering the gameplay properly I believe there is room for a roleplaying forum in the form of a captains log.
It would not be meant to to discus matters like we do in out traditional forum but used as a strategic guide. therefore this log or forum should not be open to all but connected to the rank of the player in the faction he got that rank from.

for example:
Captains log
Got mission to bring coffee for imperial society to Dulos.
Like Sanna Dulos is also uprising against the fed's.
Upon arrival at Brenners lee dock I received a warm welcome from an official of the imperial society. What struck me most "he called me friend" the situation in Dulos looks far better then in Sanna.
Dulos defence party "the rebels" are on the winning team and the skirmish turned into a full scale civil war.

I decided to leave my hauler and buy a sidewinder to get my asp from Beta-1 encase they decide to give me a war mission
Plus the trade looks quite healthy in Dulos. Dulos is only a few jumps from Sanna. I expect there will be support missions between the two
*end

of Couse this information should not be open to Federal player or even the independent side.

I was thinking of access by level&rank and the option to assign whether the dossier is open to the faction/public/rank/level and range of the solar system in which the active player is in.
also these files disappear after a certain amount of time as the game goes on they would lose their relevance anyway.
I believe this should stimulate players into cooperation and avoid clan-forming but form tru factions and political party's.

Hopefully these suggestions sparks something beautiful
thank you

This thread is for making and discussing suggestions for improving this roleplaying section of the forums.

Michael

I'd suggest sub forums for factions (Federation/Empire/Alliance) would be a good start to encourage more participation and intrigue. For the Horde!

Top Bottom