ANNOUNCEMENT Secrets of Dr. Wu Coming 20 November!

Agreed. I wish they will have separate packs that group together things people like later down the line. Please don’t cross off from your list just yet, it may be a very good pack. I suggest you to wait for reviews.

By the way, I will take a week off from the Forum to play with Dr.Wu. Hopefully, I’ll have goods words for him when I come back.

No, I've already decided it. So far, hybrids are the biggest new stuff and I don't like them so I won't pay 15€ for that (sorry guys, I really like the game, but hybrids are useless to me). Maybe if the DLC gets some good promotion on Steam sometime in the future I would consider it just for Troodon and Olorotitan, but certainly not 15€

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
Don't forget there's a lot of awesome content in Jurassic World Evolution: Secrets of Dr. Wu. You have roughly 8-10 hours of additional gameplay with a narrative campaign voiced by Dr. Wu actor B.D. Wong, you have the Troodon and Olorititan, some brand new areas to build and experiment, a bunch of new research and upgrades for your parks and dinosaurs, including new comfort genes and there's also a new advanced storm defence building to protect your park when the weather strikes.

Don't forget there's a lot of awesome content in Jurassic World Evolution: Secrets of Dr. Wu. You have roughly 8-10 hours of additional gameplay with a narrative campaign voiced by Dr. Wu actor B.D. Wong

A campaing centered around those monsters, yes. I've already explained my view. Not interested in the slightest, so it wouldn't mean 8-10 hours of gameplay for me anyway.

, you have the Troodon and Olorititan

Only ones I would consider... but certainly not for 15€

some brand new areas to build and experiment

We already got small areas, I don't really see the point of having another small space. I mean, neither Muerta's nor Tacaño's look like any bigger than Nublar, and Nublar is already small enough. Why would I want another place like that?

a bunch of new research and upgrades for your parks and dinosaurs, including new comfort genes and there's also a new advanced storm defence building to protect your park when the weather strikes.

The list of research and upgrades I still need to know, but comfort genes are certainly not worth 15€ either and I don't mind about the new storm defence station at all. So, no, nothing of interest here, sorry :(

Edit: I didn't mean to sound rude or disdainful, though. I know you guys work really hard on the game and JWE still has a lot to offer but this DLC is just not what I expected, so I'm skipping this one. Maybe, and hopefully, next time. I know you can't please everybody with each update/content so I'll just look forward for the next one ;)

Last edited:
Hello there,

Secrets of Dr. Wu will launch alongside our recently announced free update 1.5 on 20 November, 2018. You can get it from Steam, PlayStation or Xbox Store (depending on which platform you play the base game on) for £12.99 ($14.99, €14.99*) - please note that it is completely optional for you to purchase, as update 1.5 (including Group Leaders, dynamic Day/Night Cycle, etc.) will launch for free for all players. Please note that if you do purchase Secrets of Dr. Wu, you'll need to own the base game in order to play.

*Prices may vary according to platforms or region.

So it is the 20th and the dlc isnt even in the steam shop ?! :/ And no 1.5 patch to download ?!

It's finally here, thank you. But one last question, no new achievements on the Xbox One version ?

EDIT : Forget what I said, they finally appeared too ^^'

Last edited:
I feel bad about this. It is great that you are adding paid dlc. But paid dlc should add completely new things like those new dinosaurs or hybrids. But adding cloaking for the indominus and allowing 2 t-rexes to live in the same enclosure should be part of an UPDATE not a paid dlc. The t rex and indominus were part of the base game and improvements for these dinosaurs should thus be part of a free update. I feel completely screwed that awesome new improvements for the base game are only available if I pay 15 euro's. That is not fair. We paid a lot for the base game and I always supported you because I was promised we would keep getting free updates but this feels completely wrong. The game was not finished on released and the past update fixed a few issues but not nearly enough and things like indominus cloaking and 2 t rexes in 1 enclosure should be available for all players. I feel really sad frontier is taking this turn, it feels like we are being used for our money. Since the beginning people have complained that comfort issues are negatively impacting their gameplay so it feels incredibly cheap to implement comfort changes in a DLC instead of a free update. Many of the people who complain are hardcore fans and thus will buy this DLC which will make them shut up about these issues while casual players are left with an unfinished base game that doesn't even allow two T-Rexes in the same enclosure. I hope this will be changed or the base game will get another improvement because I just completely lost my faith in you guys. I have always supported you but asking me to pay 15 euro's for a DLC that has very necessary improvements is ridiculous. I feel robbed.

Here, here, here!

It's too bad that responses like this aren't really acknowledged and usually treated as "entitled gamer complaints".

Top Bottom