Community Event / Creation Announcing SpeedBowl 2 - Bombelli Or Bust! 8./9. December 3304

CMDRs

Halo Jones and PrimetimeCasual

present

eZKY9eumkU840NJSXGoxPRgsBNhBxseK-nhj7HMCAY99VbZQ-_-i6DuJoNzU5IxJLtW6e4AmGS7H_ZqH3FSkyS7-fSJkHCtQXev93w6ItDRN0n2_VPqKtUo_TTahH2NqDBURI-z0x_pfHskUbM1V5uAmIdEZ3Btfj4G4zmUBLAVA0BRKMzAKwcSqTy25laQPEi0eQ3Jy_I9Xkc-8VKCXT4O_IjOmdDJlus5K8D195Q5C03EQMX-PKx_1SBH00iESVv5POi2rV9VrcZ54DIx54Umvw4WKWn4XPV-fMO56BjIePfqFiN7LgCqcqOHwg3T-rnnL0P0uTfkyxqYTnPu3oQJCzAh1m4_AToiyLFTq5fTGC-H327rbbekahG0Ew-mbSh4jReB8NqYJ1ctuTTe2mHzYfgSc7u_U1AYy8sqY76KSRVOcLJ_a9PonGSUXd2gbtzV7ky_z7Nd7EJnKAQ7HyEB_Mvgyg10cGiHec5xL8Xs2d1W9JpyAAcK51mGRi_RvBX0A01xMzQlMJpWy2tiE6h75BiSdjXQj3fGcoJRb-_vouWjL01E2vC__5peOP2FxOoPxqfFSC6pGi-qXNmX6p1iZMMnPMU0he6Ib9IiEcUZN53EncpcAXbRTvvscr16D8z5ACGrkZVJa5EOImc7dSrdYBVfBDsyejljiCJMZj1OmXP1uwV3n72oQXVC8tOvbihNWTUvfOSJDxtcD4Q=w800-h151-no

Powered by EDSM.net
In cooperation with Paradox Wing
And The Buur Pit
Event artwork by Allcrowsareblack

What is a SpeedBowl and why should I care?

SpeedBowl I was conceived out of CMDR PrimetimeCasuals find that high G worlds break the speed limiter built into our ships. Using the correct technique, CMDR Sanderlings final run achieved over 9.000m/s in normal space during the SpeedBowl.

The premise is using a combination of FA OFF, angle of attack and vertical thrusters to prolong your fall towards the surface while accelerating all the way down. And not dying in a massive fireball at the end.

The beauty is that this DOESN'T need any special ship builds or engineering - initial flights were done in a Hauler and Sidewinder, while the podium was taken by three different ships!

If you are looking for a quick introduction to FA OFF, enjoy speed and a challenge but can't invest the time and resources to build a bespoke ship - this event is for you!

A short retrospective on SpeedBowl I

SpeedBowl I, as it was, was a tremendous success in our eyes. All participants enjoyed it and it even caught the eye of Frontier Developments enough to help us with organizing and distributing the prizes.

We were amazed how well the event was received, and how everyone pushed the limits of physics. The rules were simple and loose, which helped lower the entry threshold, and although there was a last minute (literally) upset, everyone kept to the spirit of general lunacy and friendly sportsmanship.

That said, there were a few drawbacks that we aimed to address and eliminate this time. Basically, the venue is a lot more accessible, there is a shipyard at the finish line, race runs are significantly shorter, and while top speeds are down, adding an element of accuracy makes good use of the increased control pilots have over their ships.

In short - SpeedBowl II is bigger, better and ballsier than ever!

[video=youtube_share;h6C6WJbEG_U]https://youtu.be/h6C6WJbEG_U[/video]​

Major changes for SpeedBowl veterans

If you participated in SpeedBowl I, you might think you know all about bowling. Right? Wrong!

SpeedBowl II takes the same ingredients, but mixes them up.

• Drop-in altitude has been severely reduced!
  • Instead of a set of starting coordinates, you'll have a set of target coordinates!
  • There is an upper altitude limit for the finish line!
  • This time, we recommend recording video, but will still accept screenshots.
  • Gaps on the leaderboard will be even closer!
  • Race run duration is down to less than ten minutes!
  • Rebuy your pancake candidate right at the finish line!

Event location

Event location is GCRV 52424 A 4, a nice, calm world of 4.99g only 107 ly from Sol.

The finish line is Bombelli Prospect, a planetary outpost that has landing pads and may serve as rebuy point in the likely case CMDRs pancake their ships during training or race runs.

There are also full-sized stations in orbit, so even the maddest of all Bowlers can park their Corvettes there, ready to drop in at a moments notice.

Event date

All times referenced are according to the ship clock and calendar.

The date for the SpeedBowl II race weekend is the SAT 8. / SUN 9. December 3304. Any submissions showing a cockpit clock between 00:01 on the 8th and 23:59 on the 9th are valid. Please try and not cut it THAT close, again.

Please be aware, that due to timezone differences the final results won't be available until the evening of the 10th of December. We will aim to publish preliminary results as soon as possible though.

Signup

There is no signup. Just turn in up to three submissions during the 48 hour "Speed Bowl Weekend" and you're in! In order to better judge the amount of organizational work needed, we'd still appreciate a short "I'll go bowling" in this thread.

Ship and engineering limitations

None! Bring whatever you're ready to risk!

Open / Private Group / Solo / Beta

Whatever you want! Lone wolf or pack racer, everyone is welcome!
And if the Beta is still going by the time SpeedBowl 2 comes around - bowl as you like, we take both beta and live submissions!

Platforms

Like the first SpeedBowl, this one will be open to ALL PLATFORMS, even though we acknowledge it might be harder on consoles to secure the footage or screenshots required as race entry submission.

Rules for event submissions

0) Each contestant has a limit of THREE official submissions. Try as often as you like, but once SpeedBowl weekend is here, you have THREE submissions to make it count. Details are outlined below.

1) The official race venue is GCRV 52424 A 4, Bombelli Prospect. Submissions from other locations will not be accepted.

2) All entrants must use normal space thrusters (no frameshift / supercruise / orbital cruise entries accepted).

3) No limitations on flight techniques as long as you stay in normal space and do not exceed the 200km starting altitude.

4) All entrants must submit an initial screen shot at zero metres per second at 200 km altitude with Bombelli Prospect selected and visible as target.

4b) The distance to the finish line is recommended to be between 1400 km and 1600 km. There are no fixed starting coordinates.

5) Finish line is the towers of Bombelli Prospect, with an altitude between 1 and 1000 m! Distance to Bombelli on the target display has to be 2000 m or less!

5b) All entrants must submit a screenshot taken at the highest possible velocity with an ingame timestamp visible while crossing the finish line. Due to the exclusive nature of the prizes, we will request video footage of podium runs. Use the one where the distance to Bombelli Prospect is as close as you can get (keep it targeted).

5c) Alternatively, this time, we will also accept submissions of entire recorded race runs.

6) Survival is mandatory! All entrants must submit a survival screenshot at a timestamp shortly after crossing the finish line, showing a vertical speed of zero and a forward speed of zero.

7) Editing your submission post is discouraged to prevent tampering with the contained screenshots or video.

Important Note

Contestant do NOT need to land. Keep Bombelli Prospect targeted on all screenshots.

Submission - screenshots

Three proof screenshots are required for each valid submission. This will be referred to as a ‘submission set’:
A) Start altitude at speed zero
B) Maximum velocity at below 1000 m and above 0 m
C) Survival at speed zero

Three submission sets are permitted for each contestant (i.e. a total maximum of nine screenshots).

Contestants are encouraged to label each submission as follows: CMDRName_Racerun_2A, where ‘1’ refers to the submission set number (i.e. 1 of 3) and ’A’ refers to the screenshot (A, B or C as defined above).

Submission - video

Submitting a video is a lot easier and given the nature of the race, highly recommended. Due to the exclusive nature of the prizes, we will request video footage of podium runs.

Simply record your race run, upload it to a provider of your choice and drop it here in this thread (or Discord), numbering them as you would submission sets (I.e. "PrimetimeCasual_Racerun_2").

Prizes

EyttUO_EnhAnMGcoXSIcBN4ZqCsrTj2vn10nQ7iZ03iWGG1XGhSm0GPJV63bm6gh6zZyCWdpf2Lt9274UbFjpqGxkgr_JBIRmvqdAr2tPAQ80Hb97Y6vLNBJJWino_Z9j59OA4ZfJzgOU8Ndp1z_UPISmRnLES_h7n5v28SUhZ8cpOTIrP_4wLPJoQyexwWAck-kj-vjKFqDSu_WpONYVsIXToqVRgjcQ-8cSq_PVbNrFX3zdX5guDuOC-MzeVB5kRmy8IohVSEowL4cPbotB9tPlpbflkTrCpuciKjz_wdfl3qPYwWNk4xgQYok20gHSM3tTQuhiVDzC23sJsp9p1AJwFvgfP3HUDYjvmCiIkcRobCGo9eksY9gOSaWYB9pGkkVbxUKKzYoxwvUblOJ1oe-OzeWPXKZREZYkimNRWfv9VQ55iELkF5ZSzvsywfXNzdnpJR-jaeK7LvuS_mHFQqXx9-ggaUyOHZ20Bd_C4leUZcsYxOnN5y86Ahfw2e6e619HTdCF794Il-1osl1KtD5n9RLsihJWdx0xPqwpkwp5WshzYwvzTSI_rPkbYLzgdiuYhWdkeRy7n9eNeom-XNhZMksfOCBaE07BynX8EeIFy98bQOM1P2F4dM6kD-tFirRB_H5EqHw3JVGBEqGHngOAJI8iR75soRkcbe5bLWXqx4Hx1AAhO1VkI16FYFLyoFHCVAjkUm2TbFCvA=s80-no
1st place: Frontier Krait MkII Paint Job, Two Community Prize Packs of your choice

3FLxbwEl5d4j_p7ejEvBvWXikm4taIVpYtoKEIy4T3V1yy_6ZjL5BlWXWmAA4qtiw5nto90uO1lv67Xie26IwLMF2dZrD5FsQsaXwn5vuSe94iyf5kP-IOqNn12TmnPfR4-X4PQER8wW-WCiqN6LBD8MMbAknBQc-hace3Q41SrnO_WH_Su2DIGipv-aDM_AITSSVPQg_YXlmBuSN9MZCS_bq2iZluA5uGVJy2hk45jWVlC_jsLsRD5kCme3VrmTGjQ4C18V3bvuZZ96bgtpxUutEUH3FSyf-bBTcIMD_6r14XBkJfDYvD4-9SrTmOtOATpgXTdxAiSawvonmqiLfRiJwuA_kaz79eHbwE2bx_G3AZ7j886AN7Rtq3kN1QlXjy6bA7ZUkfbFVI9WA6dgiLmhImbMrary_RwhBZkuvWOxbipQLd2B30TAcG9I-Y5rY5UZj3pptSh5GY3BxbX3n7HI0oCe4ENNWKAu4yQnEG4hRiD2vbPtBiI6P9_oV7sksa0sOtLl6NSK8oebX1ynr74cXMh6zEqNLfbkHC-_LIS9DFpc9obWcSq48-KDY-fRX5UOo_pD5Er40zew_BIcnA65I0ej4PuC6r9OiZsWlCYyHtZorhOg6JDYlL9xz_mWvbIKNXxr6QQwwzX61k1TNoq9ouv0IiBNWyev2LzAI8ET6o5PumyMmXP61bM1lT1VVgktd70-InRY7Ed3Ag=s80-no
2nd place: Two Community Prize Packs of your choice

yt3mt3Ulmglp1UBC6SeuUO60T9a4SLMfIFJ0X4T7zWkcvkN8fTK82hUEfqZM0pVGOdkFMxtOJFnBaHi9Rs9DeHrh0JEwdRouWA55YK7iiGsB7joblYACxieQledLpSJScBu6cb7M2EbadieKfvgfep-NZ2pAFhvYCeE_VOHBUE4G67IDv023WNbgaYYt-zHAgfpa8Ywevq__XVl-Shu4xphr3IaKSTof4n_Vn_PySKUTv1f9fnnk6y8ls4u9sl8u2nB-agQqcHlwYz7_H7pi5IOPXe-Mcf9jLuCYWX1YpwQMu41VfDI458Ot-ofIChgL3ZqcCSmTNfOnCiB0ROS3NJSAlGOUUA6WvaivOTtgYTGqW0YTmL5rsjEc7SeflN623XDhiWYJJbelsQz1joF9_iH_Yqk3_-vcn80q9Z3Vt8PhKc9yjcDDwiHT7WFtV-HkuEejIInJlsYqG2JtztaZ1_Q4UFhZXUfAD0Tb5Gs-Acgy5W20q3R-vmOMqibriQyyduLucbQ9Cg3LLl0fW2hMTMwqCc7gRZOkDINEUUbu0Tyx9xAQ3ZPQpYyigUHIIBDDiA0VmVjttpcUuROmE-NjTuCS-BZRey94OL6GFAPZKy7v5yVx_vd037xfbGRRXvBM4y19DZ5L8BGjwkmXSxFhn1Xf8FI4boE-8byu5HXP4iRfiMpuZ5w38ECmfxkYnvzAjFPcdUaiI9mlje1fag=s80-no
3rd place: One Community Prize Pack of your choice

We will also award a judges "most entertaining sports- and showmanship" prize for a participant outside the podium at our discretion. This might be for the most engaging livestream, most persistence at getting a run, most spectacular submission, most entertaining pancake, going the extra mile in helping other bowlers, etc. Basically, for showing the proper SpeedBowl spirit!

Frontier came through, once again, and this time allows us to distribute exclusive paintjobs and decals that can't be bought on the store!

You can find the selection of community event packs here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/244719-Community-Prize-Packs

Tutorial

CMDR PrimetimeCasual has put together a short introduction to Gravity Effect Flying, or "SpeedBowling". This should help first-time participants to understand the concept, while also serving as a baseline for veterans as to what speeds to expect.

Current trials point to 3500 m/s top speed as baseline competitive, while the podium spots are expected to exceed 4400 m/s.

Communication and submitting screenshots

There will be two ways to communicate and submit screenshots.

Discord - Paradox Wing was kind enough to provide us with a place to chat, hang out and boast in text and voice. We will accept submissions in the official Discord channel - in fact, Discord is preferred, if you are able and willing to head over there. You can also use the provided voice channels to organize yourself into groups for the event or just for chatting with fellow speedfreaks!

https://discord.gg/tt6rZcH

Everyone entering the Discord will be invited to self-assign the role “SpeedBowl” by typing !join Speedbowl in the #bot channel. This will open access to the dedicated SpeedBowl channels for chat, voice and submissions. If you are unfamiliar with Discord, Don’t PanicTM! A member of the admin team will respond if you ping them with any issues or queries.

Forums - Please also continue to use this thread to chat about ships, engineering and techniques, as well as post your race submissions for all to see during the event weekend.

Twitter - While there is no official Twitter channel for submissions, we propose using the official #SpeedBowl2 hashtag for all tweets related to this event. You can also follow @Cmdr_Halo_Jones and @PrimetimeCasual for more event coverage:

https://twitter.com/PrimetimeCasual
https://twitter.com/Cmdr_Halo_Jones

As well as The Buur Pit on YouTube for special event coverage.

Rules FAQ

Q: I have this amazing speed run screenshots that put me on the podium and...
A: Sorry, we are aware this is a last minute change, but due to the exclusivity of the podium prizes, we require video footage for all podium finishers.

Q: Do I have to fly in a straight line?
A: No. But you must not exceed 200 km at any point in time.

Q: How precise do I have to be above Bombelli Prospect for it to count?
A: "Above" Bombelli Prospect is counted being within 2000m from the sensor point - keep Bombelli targeted.

Q: What if I impact at Bombelli and survive?
A: Ineligible. We have means to verify if your run impacted or not. Having video evidence makes this a lot easier for both judges and pilots.

Q: Can I use different ships?
A: Totally! The only limitation is that each CMDR can not have more than three submissions but that can be three different ships, obivously.

Q: Do I HAVE to start betweein 1.4 and 1.6 Mm?
A: It is recommended by experience. But you CAN start from farther away or from closer by. It will probably either slow you down or make it a lot harded, though.

Q: What if I go below the terrain, but due to being too fast for the netcode to catch me, I survive flying underground?
A: Altitude has to remain positive at all times. This is clearly a bug in terrain generation / collision detection and would, by common sense, constitute an impact.

Q: Can I use Force Shell Cannons fired by another ship to boost acceleration?
A: Dude. No. Just, no. Creative thinking though!

Updates

Please keep an eye on both this top post and the second post in the thread in advance of and during the SpeedBowl event. They will be regularly updated to communicate any changes to the rules and to keep track of officially submitted speeds.

Last edited:
Leaderboards

HTxHpqZ3GH-1RIRQyxBjy60axEmY7G32V7NWXD3ep8JJ_n-OlymtqcCdkkUQY3nzjttycL8YHUjnbC4ptP6iKuO_zrRR5ILfPxJwhb15VIblnZq2z_5cZjqGkNjuduCTeTxdVB-yvz11UKiNNHquRohr4ujwoITg6nlM52VVDuURFTv7qbGKI-6eRrvcy3wJtQreyZDRggjDvStFpt1jj4kf03DcRDVwtClICgUzjbXMenvzFOdDD1CGcGWR5kTPFmY1U0q7Pisg6UgZHnlK-gK_JqdPy6IPMuwcP9CcUa5nEw3fzuBLrSqTJ0ftG4BmF9wUJb5pRtK7VL0M4Y4NcOF4qlT7Q_zPDPjYzbDAv_L2aDvqEQjbr1EYymBoAxeAyAYM2wImrOaQKuo48VuPfjYbU0clBBN8aPXJ72eZcm8cZVtJFDHRaar2pjRwzqhRKuvEVsLXJmZZH3KqP1B5NTr-BdHlrt6dwX1q0-hZzlQch3Sl33EU3ja20cYaOsJY8mnLpTmKPucBtDG37QgQkE3sttGKqsJk1KFVUEkJqbPbG1EbrE0V7elLMABvYLz7ehHVN-xvHJuk48DJsnl15gNocfs2bDtqfOaxHxlBBvHYPdzQqayFcLShLrKB4VAG7gRYIzoJ1tsjLYXrO-CGNGoGShjB_gY37ejqFAbQooewCPAFP7HRigX7ETGBFtcNH-b4-6bEKPyE8cbthw=w1406-h741-no

Full run demonstration

Skip to about 7:30 for the final approach.

[video=youtube_share;Afv2HdiHbmY]https://youtu.be/Afv2HdiHbmY[/video]

See also this livestream where I demonstrate quite a few different scenarios.

[video=youtube;5F19XsFgUq0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F19XsFgUq0[/video]

Tutorials

Rather talky videos, but if you're unfamiliar with the principles of gravity effect flying, these should get you started.

[video=youtube_share;4DsjG9ZzonU]https://youtu.be/4DsjG9ZzonU[/video]

[video=youtube_share;5N_yoUTHJi4]https://youtu.be/5N_yoUTHJi4[/video]

[video=youtube_share;Yvvi9S8TsHM]https://youtu.be/Yvvi9S8TsHM[/video]

[video=youtube_share;szPcgRc60mk]https://youtu.be/szPcgRc60mk[/video]

Last edited:
Oh yeah baby!

Can we do this in beta (I'm thinking Mamba)? I should probably read the OP right?

Edit: yes we can, yes I shoulda'

P.S. - short "I'll go bowling" in this thread

To give people a small glimpse what the finish line screenshot might look like, this is from my current session where I'm filming the tutorials and demonstration runs. I was slightly late with the screenshot, but notice altitude, distance to Bombelli and, of course, terminal velocity.

I also have it on good notice that our favourite lunatic big-ship bowler, Azzbo27, is racing across the Formidine Rift in order to throw his Corvette at Bombelli Prospect!

open
DsEceK0WwAE31v2.jpg

How could I resist this event when I call my racing ships "Smashing Pumpkin"? This sound quite perfect... I hope... at least.
So I suppose "I'll go bowling".

A first weekend of extreme testing is behind us.

So far, the 4500 m/s barrier has yet to be broken, with a top speed achieved by Sanderling (well, who else) of 4453 m/s.

Gaps are VERY small this time, I can only repeat our initial suggestion of capturing your run on video and then taking stills from that.

Lots of other CMDRs have had a first go, and it appears that while the gravity effect mechanics are rather simple to grasp this time, bringing the run on target is just as much of a challenge as we hoped. If you are having problems hitting the finish line, I suggest watching tutorials #2 and #3 above, or the full run. You could also post videos of your run for analysis, as there are a few common mistakes made when trying to adjust your falling vector. I will watch reports from Discord and Twitter and include an FAQ later this week in the top post.

In other news, I have prepared the leaderboards, and CMDR HaloJones is now in negotiations with FDev about providing (or at least distributing) prizes to all platforms.

OK, this a probably incredibly naive, and feel free to simply point and laugh by way of reply but ... could a heavily shielded ship stuffed to the gills with hull reinforcement modules, survive simply ploughing straight into Bombelli Prospect at 4500m/s? I mean obviously I'll be testing this but I just wanted to check if this would be allowed in theory (neck injuries not withstanding).

Last edited:
There have been reports of ships surviving the impact.

I know I managed that trick once in my shieldless Hauler, and Halo Jones did it in his Adder. If you can pull this off - survival AND recovery after what is basically an uncontrolled tumble at 2500 m/s with 5g pulling you down at that point - kudos.

Will check with HaloJones if that is eligible.

Wouldn't want to bet on it as an "on purpose" strategy, though. :p

Last edited:
There have been reports of ships surviving the impact.

I know I managed that trick once in my shieldless Hauler, and Halo Jones did it in his Adder. If you can pull this off - survival AND recovery after what is basically an uncontrolled tumble at 2500 m/s with 5g pulling you down at that point - kudos, and, totally eligible. You have to survive. We don't care how.

Wouldn't want to bet on it as an "on purpose" strategy, though. :p

Well alrighty then! :D

HKrC.gif

Ah, I had to amend that initial reply in order to check back with HaloJones. It's a fine line between a lucky survival and complete disregard for public safety.

Will post a rules FAQ anyway this week to sort out these kinds of questions.

Well alrighty then! :D

P.S. please note I'm being somewhat humorous here - if it is possible to survive such an impact (and I think I will give it a few goes just for the LOL's) then I would fully understand if the race organisers tweak the rules slightly in order to rule out this approach. After all, simply plummeting straight into the base time and again until you miraculously survive in order to then post a record breaking zero altitude time, while amusing, is not really in the spirit of the race I think!

:D

P.S. please note I'm being somewhat humorous here - if it is possible to survive such an impact (and I think I will give it a few goes just for the LOL's) then I would fully understand if the race organisers tweak the rules slightly in order to rule out this approach. After all, simply plummeting straight into the base time and again until you miraculously survive in order to then post a record breaking zero altitude time, while amusing, is not really in the spirit of the race I think!

Nevertheless, a valid question. We discussed with our insurance and liability lawyers as well as the representatives of the Bombelli Prospect Corp and sadly have to say, that "any impact at, into or near Bombelli Prospect will void any insurance claims and will therefore not be covered under the temporary race track license issued to Messrs Jones and Casual".

So, ineligble.

Update OP with the following FAQ entries:

Q: How precise do I have to be above Bombelli Prospect for it to count?
A: "Above" Bombelli Prospect is counted being within 1000m from the sensor point - keep Bombelli targeted. This works out to being below 1000m altitude and within ~250m of the base center.

Q: What if I impact at Bombelli and survive?
A: Ineligible. We have means to verify if your run impacted or not. Having video evidence makes this a lot easier for both judges and pilots.

Last edited:
Made my first attempt this morning in beta. I've learned a few things.

1) Unlike riding a bike - it IS possible to forget how to maintain glide stability in FA Off mode!

2) Heed the tutorial video - you REALLY need to bind your Up thruster control to something like primary trigger!

3) When Bombelli is on the dark side of the planet in beta, it's REALLY dark and night vision is next to useless since it only reveals that you're basically travelling sideways when it's too damn late to do anything about it other than close your eyes and pray!

4) With sufficient shields, shield boosters and hull reinforcement I reckon, even tho' it will invalidate your run, that it probably IS just about possible to survive a 4000 m/s impact with the ground - in theory at least!

[video=youtube_share;W38gaVOTkk0]https://youtu.be/W38gaVOTkk0[/video]

Made my first attempt this morning in beta. I've learned a few things.

3) When Bombelli is on the dark side of the planet in beta, it's REALLY dark and night vision is next to useless since it only reveals that you're basically travelling sideways when it's too damn late to do anything about it other than close your eyes and pray!

Indeed, this is an added challenge. However, most of the time you will be flying by instruments and spacedust anyways. Use the spacedust, in your video you're already beyond saving at 500 km distance. And, uh, about 400 km too low. :p

I appreciate the choice of ship, though! And speed is looking good as well, in principle. :D

I may turn up with a Dropship not the best weekend for me to do runs in. If runs are done in different ships is it the fastest run that counts

Dropship may be quite stable, which is a bonus.

Three submissions, fastest one counts - switch ships as you like, it's per CMDR, not per ship. ;)

I'll be livestreaming a "masterclass" in SpeedBowling tonight - touching on what we feel are common mistakes that make people miss the target, demonstrating various techniques, discussing advanced GAS mechanics and, of course, answering any question you may have!

Tune in at 2100 UTC!

[video=youtube;5F19XsFgUq0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F19XsFgUq0[/video]

Top Bottom