Who Uses Fighters Against Scouts ?

I see a few players who are calling for the antixeno weapon cap to be increased. The main reason seems to be that they want a weapon set to deal with Interceptors and another for Scouts all aboard the same ship.

SLFs already provide this setup.
Really if you havent used an antixeno Taipan against scouts, try it. Its class. If you have the Guardian SLFs, even better. Its a good to reason to get into the fighters yourself and they are a joy to operate, plus the AX Taipan shreds Scouts but keep that quiet, we dont want the nerf it brigade hammering this feature thats been around since when the scouts first appeared.

I should add.
Avoid caustic clouds in SLFs. They dont like them. Luckily the SLFs are fast and mobile and those clouds are easily avoided, with a little practice.

The guardian slfs are great against scouts. 2 or 3 hits per. I need learn the key binds for fire at will for them. Rather than pressing 3 every time I target a new enemy.

SLFs flown by npcs are crap at avoiding clouds. As in they never do.

NPCs do lose a lot of ships by entering the caustic clouds, but when they reach Dangerous/Deadly they have incredible aim, way better than me. So I usually take my SLF pilot with me when im hunting scouts.

And when you're fighting 8 or more scouts at the same time, it helps having an extra target for them to shoot at.

I do, pretty good way of ranking up the npc crewmember for a start. Like the tree says, helps having another target for the scouts to shoot at as well. Upon dropping in i hit, deploy weapons, then launch fighter, then engage with whatever is shooting at me. Seems to work pretty well.
Regen scouts first, then inciters, then bezerkers, then polish off the marauders.

I can’t wait to get stuck into a tharg combat zone, i am on ps so no beta, bouncing off the walls in anticipation!

You mean handing control of the FGS over to the SLF pilot and flying the SLF instead? Currently, my (deadly) pilots are quite reliably steering right into the death cloud. If they do the same with the FGS, they're really really dead. But a nice idea anyway, got all three Guardian fighters + AX Taipans. Which one is best?

O7,
[noob]

There's another reason to get NPCs along: Thargoids give plenty of "XP". You can level up your NPCs there at a reasonable rate.
Also, while I know that some people outrun the caustic missiles, my T10 still has not understood the very idea of speed. So for me, my supply of 16 AX SLFs last longer than my supply of limpets. At the same time I find that even mid-ranked NPCs, while loosing plenty of SLFs, do bring enough damage to the targets to justify their use.

While i agree that the AX taipan is great against scouts i disagree that having an AX fighter is an excuse to keep the four weapon limit. I use an annie for scouts, NHSS3-6 specificily with 3 AX multi turrets and a guass. It can fight a cyclops if needed but she's could be so much more better. If an advanced force is infringing on our boarders it makes no tactical (or logical) sense to limit or handicap yourself with only a few specialized weapons. We are headed for full scale war with the thargoids and its about time the weapon cap was increased or removed.

If an advanced force is infringing on our boarders it makes no tactical (or logical) sense to limit or handicap yourself with only a few specialized weapons. We are headed for full scale war with the thargoids and its about time the weapon cap was increased or removed.
According to this paper, it actually would make sense:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/11n7_S25PtzCfWRoVsnX19pDsoTqbttnxPgLlyststTM/edit?usp=sharing
Edit: Long story short, we're supposed to lose the upcoming war against the Klaxians.

You mean handing control of the FGS over to the SLF pilot and flying the SLF instead? Currently, my (deadly) pilots are quite reliably steering right into the death cloud. If they do the same with the FGS, they're really really dead. But a nice idea anyway, got all three Guardian fighters + AX Taipans. Which one is best?

O7,
[noob]

AX Taipan

I agree, the taipan is great for shredding them back! I found however even at Elite my NPC misses like 90% of the shots... but when she gets a good run they are done!

Overall I prefer to use the Lance for scouts as NPC's have a much better accuracy with this type of weapon (go to any CZ and you will find out the hard way) and they can easily snipe targets from long distances. for interceptors I use the Javelin due to it's amazing DPS! And the Trident I wouldn't touch with a Light year long pole, it's damage per second and per shot is below sad.... :D

I agree, the taipan is great for shredding them back! I found however even at Elite my NPC misses like 90% of the shots... but when she gets a good run they are done!

Overall I prefer to use the Lance for scouts as NPC's have a much better accuracy with this type of weapon (go to any CZ and you will find out the hard way) and they can easily snipe targets from long distances. for interceptors I use the Javelin due to it's amazing DPS! And the Trident I wouldn't touch with a Light year long pole, it's damage per second and per shot is below sad.... :D

Which one of the Guardian SLF has unlimited ammo?

I geared a Crusader with a Trident for this very purpose. It's pretty straightforward. I would like something with a larger ammo reserve (I'm using AX multis on the Crusader) so I could do this longer. Against the scouts, the Trident is fine.

Which one of the Guardian SLF has unlimited ammo?
The Trident does, however the likelihood of your NPC pilot surviving to use their ammo it is near 0% due to the shockingly horrible defence design of the Guardian fighters (increased hitbox, No caustic resistance, No phasing resistance).

besides, once fighters redock they will replenish their ammo. that's why ammo is not a big deal for me when it comes to the fighters. i'd rather deal reliable dps instead :) and those Lance's (Gauss version) do a great job despite the damage falloff being very noticeable.

Anyone who does not yet have Gaurdian SLFs, be advised, they are not a magic hammer to farm, they require more skill to operate.

I agree with the performance issues of npc pilots in fighters, its not great, hasn't been for a long time now.

Top Bottom