In-Development Reactive Lighting For Elite Dangerous

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
This looks interesting! I have a Corsair RGB keyboard with Elite theme I made for myself, but I'd love to try this!

This looks interesting! I have a Corsair RGB keyboard with Elite theme I made for myself, but I'd love to try this!

I hope to add support for Cosair keyboards eventually, however I don't currently have any hardware to test on. If you have any programming experience I would love to see it working though!

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
I hope to add support for Cosair keyboards eventually, however I don't currently have any hardware to test on. If you have any programming experience I would love to see it working though!

I wish! I know some basic Python, but that's about it :D

I have been working on a program that reacts LIFX and Chroma RGB lights to ED events, still in development as I would like to add support for Philips Hue and Corsair keyboards and many more lighting effects.

You can try it out here: https://github.com/HectorBart/Elite-Dangerous-LIFX-Chroma-Integration

I would welcome any suggestions and new ideas!

Have just updated the files to the latest working(ish) versions. I have included a lot more lighting effects, here is a full list:

Red flashing - When under attack, taking hull damage, taking heat damage and when there is a heat warning
Orange - When shields are offline
Dim white - Default, just when you're flying around
Bright white - When docked at a station
Single green flash - When a docking request is granted or you achieve a kill

I have also separated the lighting effects from the main script so it should be easier for me to add support for more lights.

There are still plenty of bugs and many more features I want to add, but I will keep working on it and welcome all ideas and suggestions!

I have not actually got one to test on yet but may be able to get access to one in the next couple of months. I would definitely like to add this as a feature though. Thanks for checking it out!

I have a Corsair KB and it would be good if you can get it to work with it.

I have not actually got one to test on yet but may be able to get access to one in the next couple of months. I would definitely like to add this as a feature though. Thanks for checking it out!

Hello everyone, apologies for it being a while since the last update.
Unfortunately, for the foreseeable future, I am not going to be able to get my hands on a Corsair keyboard for testing. I have been looking at software to control their lighting and do think that it's possible to add this as a feature. I would love to do so but I would need someone who owns a Corsair Cue 2 SDK compatible keyboard to test my Python scripts. If you would be willing to do so please let me know!

Hello everyone, apologies for it being a while since the last update.
Unfortunately, for the foreseeable future, I am not going to be able to get my hands on a Corsair keyboard for testing. I have been looking at software to control their lighting and do think that it's possible to add this as a feature. I would love to do so but I would need someone who owns a Corsair Cue 2 SDK compatible keyboard to test my Python scripts. If you would be willing to do so please let me know!

Hi, I have a Corsair K95 and wouldn't mind testing.

New update time!
The latest update aims to improve how user-friendly the program is. You no longer need to open ED and then open the program, you can simply fire up the program, click the big button on the new GUI and then open ED. I have also added a config.py file that contains variables for all the things you might need to change, meaning you don't need to go into the various Python scripts.

If you do download it, you may notice references to Corsair Cue and Philips Hue. These are not yet supported but I plan to add them in the future. I haven't forgotten all of you Corsair keyboard users!

As always, any suggestions and feedback are welcome. Enjoy!

Hi Hector!

Just got a brand new K70 MK2 and did all the installing, just noticed I was using iCUE and not CUE 1 / 2. Is there any way in the current release to make it work ? In the config.py, CUESDK.x64_2013.dll isn't on my PC since I'am using iCUE.

Thanks in advance :)

Top Bottom