Jameson Memorial - Can it please become a palm tree interior station?

Isnt it about time with all the billions upon billions of credits that have been spent on ships and outfitting there of at Jameson Memorial in Shinrarta that the pilots federation revamped the place? Redecoration could easily be done as part of the enforced galactic holiday on tuesday whereby all pilot and ship operations are suspended*.

*by "galactic holiday" I am referring to the prolonged server downtime associated with the incoming 3.3/chapter 4 update on Tuesday 11th

Personally I think those stations look the worst (after tourist stations), although I’m sure most people will disagree with me. Personally I love the look of industrial stations.

Personally I think those stations look the worst (after tourist stations), although I’m sure most people will disagree with me. Personally I love the look of industrial stations.

Agree, just like Gorbachev in Sol, I realy don't like that interior, Jameson is fine as it is imho.

Would be nice. Power Play HQs aren't impressive either. Not exactly projecting a powerful image when your HQ is a dumpy greenhouse.

Would be nice. Power Play HQs aren't impressive either. Not exactly projecting a powerful image when your HQ is a dumpy greenhouse.

Hey!!! ......... I like pulling an apple off one of those hydroponic apple trees whenever I want. ;)

But it WOULD be nice if someone came out and buffed the landing pads once in a while.

Just a silly thought, ALD, kamadhenu, agriculture economy, imports biowaste, exports garrison supplies+fruit/vegetables. Please tell me she doesnt defend her dominion with poo, cabbages and tomatoes?

sorry - got sidetracked, surely there is a certain je ne sai quois about something as cheesy as shin dez having all the modules and all the ships at a universal discount, in a one stop ship'n'module shop deserves something as sleazy as red neons and palmtrees. Even if you dont look on it as condescendingly as that, its a damned wealthy system, back before 2.3 brouht in various station interior models, we had palm tree / green industrial, and that was selected purely on system wealth, with the richer places getting the white buidings palm trees and red neons. So using that rationale, shin dez can easily afford the tropical refit.

I'd just prefer to get the lady traffic controller back, she actually sounded pleased to see me, the current guy always sounds like he's talking to something he's just scraped off his shoe.

"Then to be ELITE - not just a kill rating on some distant GalCom computer, but a combination of thought, actions, tools, and a way of life in a universe containing both wonders and adversity. Living on the edge of reality, putting it all on the line, again and again, in a lifestyle that is challenging and rewarding. Respect and praise comes to those who make Elite. They become one with the universe, in command of their surroundings, while the universe moves them onward to their ultimate destiny."

Written by me 22 years ago. Well, maybe not in Elite Dangerous as killing enough NPCs which are far easier than the previous game versions especially Frontier: First Encounters (c1995) with all the bugs gets to combat Elite without any engineering to bail a player out. Still the point is that we don't need no stinkin' palm trees in Jameson Memorial! No true player who earned Elite the hard way could care less about a pretty station.

Now, add an Elite only bar where pilots can converse with each other and I'm in! Maybe setup a few consensual combat outside of the fire zone, bad and good players can get together for multi-crew and wing engagements. Gankers can even solicit like minding players. Players who hate gankers can also meet and develop strategies.

What we really need is a bar without using a Discord channel to talk to each other. We cannot shoot each other because we are not in our ships. Actually having an adult beverage while in this bar is up to the player in their real life world. If space Legs ever gets into the game we might even have a bar fight! :)

Regards

Last edited:
Why would they need fake palm trees on the station when there is a lush habitable planet right next to it. I see the Pilots Federation as too pragmatic for this and it is not what I would call a tourism hotspot thanks in part to the permit requirement. How many stations with default interior are actually left? I haven't seen them in a long time (besides Jameson Memorial), but that might have to do with the missions and systems I chose.

Why not a high tech interior?
4PzmqyU.jpg

Last edited:
Palm trees are so 3302, how about something different? Maybe Cherry blossoms or Oak trees, or perhaps in the spirit of the festive ,Fir trees (probably best to avoid Leylandii )

Hanging chains...dripping water....jets of steam....occasional sparks of power conduits....spilled cargo pods....warnings and flickering neon....

Think...Blade Runner Los Angeles and The Nostromo have a nasty hate f@%k child.

That's what I want Jameson Memorial to look like.

"Then to be ELITE - not just a kill rating on some distant GalCom computer, but a combination of thought, actions, tools, and a way of life in a universe containing both wonders and adversity. Living on the edge of reality, putting it all on the line, again and again, in a lifestyle that is challenging and rewarding. Respect and praise comes to those who make Elite. They become one with the universe, in command of their surroundings, while the universe moves them onward to their ultimate destiny."

Regards

Reminds me of the Buddhist monk who walked up to a hot dog stand. Vendor says, "what'll it be pal"?

Monk replies, "One with everything."

Hanging chains...dripping water....jets of steam....occasional sparks of power conduits....spilled cargo pods....warnings and flickering neon....

Think...Blade Runner Los Angeles and The Nostromo have a nasty hate f@%k child.

That's what I want Jameson Memorial to look like.

Sold! Move the decorators and work crews in.:D

Top Bottom