News Beyond - Chapter Four Launch Livestream (11.12.2018)

Will Flanagan

Product Manager
Frontier
Hello Commanders,

Tune in tomorrow for a very special launch day livestream!

While the servers are down to apply the update, join us for the launch of Beyond - Chapter Four, featuring members of the development team talking about their experiences with working on the Beyond series of updates, and a recap of just some of the content coming in the next update.

Livestream details

• Topic - Beyond - Chapter Four Launch Livestream
  • Date – 11 December 2018
  • Time – 12:00 (UTC)
  • WhereClick here!
See you there!

Is there any ballpark estimate of how long the downtime is possibly going to be tomorrow ?

Was I vague enough there? I'm not asking for anything cast iron, just "about 8 hours", "at least 8 hours, but quite likely substantially more than that", or the like.

Is there any ballpark estimate of how long the downtime is possibly going to be tomorrow ?

Was I vague enough there? I'm not asking for anything cast iron, just "about 8 hours", "at least 8 hours, but quite likely substantially more than that", or the like.

I think "tomorrow" can simply be classed as downtime. ;)

Awesome! I wonder if it would be rude to watch this during our family christmas lunch? (which we're having tomorrow instead of on the 25th). :D

I think you're probably right, 10hrs is my guess, then we have to update it

Then thousands of newly updated clients all try to connect at the same time... servers go boom... rinse and repeat.

It was always thus.

"Patch day. Patch day never changes..."

and a recap of just some of the content coming in the next update.

Would that be things we have seen already, or some fresh juicy hype ?

Looking forward to a launch trailer, i'm sure you have one ready.

Already eager and hyped from what i have seen already and cannot wait to get stuck in.

Great work FD, the team , and all the programmers , audio folk and all the rest involved in the 'new content' ;)

Last edited:
How much am I looking forward to the update and lunch stream!?

846-02793013en_Masterfile.jpg

[up] [up] [up]

Thanks Will, is Sir Braben going to be in attendance tomorrow? Looking forward to the afternoon of fun with you guys whilst we wait.

Awesome neeeeeeeeeews. Looking forward to the live stream, and amazingly psyched about the update. So much awesome stuff to get into. super serial though folks, remember the patch day experience is usually a long one, and connection issues may remain after update ocmpletion, like with any mmo. If you can bear with those that's awesome (I know I can) otherwise...

48391459_2141239622858771_2517940855206051840_n.jpg

Top Bottom