Beating own exploration drum just because I can!

Now install something that uploads that data to EDDN and do it again. If a job's worth doing it's worth doing right!

o7

Before the FSS came along and ruined everything (for me) I was on a mission to fully scan every (accessible) cataloged system.
I was around 3,000 systems in, with another ~25k to go.

Just completed a system scan to detail scan EVERY star, planet,moon that is in the system. used asp-x w/43ly jump range.

Froarks BR-C d-0 through Froarks BR-c d-302 has been detail scanned and logged.
Nice! And in a few days you can go back and surface map them all, too.

How many of you out there have done something like that?
The Colonia Mapping Project is collectively working on mapping every system within 50 LY of Colonia (they reached 40LY a while ago, but 50 is much bigger)

Just completed a system scan to detail scan EVERY star, planet,moon that is in the system. used asp-x w/43ly jump range.

Froarks BR-C d-0 through Froarks BR-c d-302 has been detail scanned and logged.

How many of you out there have done something like that? just curious. cheers. :D

Quite a few times (Elite Explorer).

I spent three months getting a 19ly fully armed & armoured Corvette the last 2,000Ly to Beagle Point. Arrived in July 2017. No external guides, no route plotting either because so many of the jumps required jumponium. All I knew was that it could be done in a 36ly ship & mine could do 38 with mats.

Took 22 jumps and about half an hour to get back out again to get a plottable route. I claim the completely unverified and dubious title of most paranoid Cmdr ever to visit the system ;)

Last edited:
Now go back and do the Asteroid belts! :D

Dunno why they aint included in the road to riches , theres so many of them , they must net a pretty penn.... oh wait, theyre worthless.. i started my mining career in asteroid belts when i was just starting out a few years back , now i dont even have them in my contacts list.

You dont scan asteroid belts for the money. You do it for the immersion.
Only a true explorer scans asteroid belts. Its why i leave them for the next guy. Aint nobody got time for that!

You dont scan asteroid belts for the money. You do it for the immersion.
Only a true explorer scans asteroid belts. Its why i leave them for the next guy. Aint nobody got time for that!

They're a traffic hazard that's for sure, many a time I have been mysteriously slowed down leaving a star, I think mapping them should be compulsory or you don't get the full system map bonus, after all it's not done till it's all done! :cool:

Just completed a system scan to detail scan EVERY star, planet,moon that is in the system.
How many of you out there have done something like that? just curious. cheers. :D

Count me in.

On my journey to SagA* I found one nice binary system. Second star had WW and 2 ELWs. Since I was fairly fresh in terms of exploration (my first really long range one) and this was my first system containing more than single WW or ELW I scanned everything. Stars, planets, moons - complete system scan. I believe it's the most profitable scan I made so far as well.

Can't share the name tho, with new chapter going live tomorrow I plan going there again and make full probing for complete "first discovered by" and "first mapped by" tags.

But yeah, when I find an interesting system (at least ELW + more than 1 WW, preferably multiple ELWs and WWs) i tend to take complete scan.

^
Whilst his wording isn't precise, I believe the OP means doing this for an entire subsector of systems. Whilst I've honked every system in a subsector before, I've not done a complete scan of one... Yet. The FSS means I'm more likely to do soon, but certainly not mapping as well.

They're a traffic hazard that's for sure, many a time I have been mysteriously slowed down leaving a star, I think mapping them should be compulsory or you don't get the full system map bonus, after all it's not done till it's all done! :cool:

Perhaps i misunderstand what you mean or maybe you're being tongue in cheek here, but what "full system map bonus" ?
Never heard/read of such a thing.

Perhaps i misunderstand what you mean or maybe you're being tongue in cheek here, but what "full system map bonus" ?
Never heard/read of such a thing.

I think it's new for 3.3. However, if the final beta was anything to go on, you only need to scan one fragment to get all of them now.

Top Bottom