OK, I'm getting tired of... Server timeouts, disconnects, freezes...all new since 3.3

EDIT: FD has acknowledged the issues mentioned in the topic and is working on them. See CM post below. Original message follows...

Any word please FD? I and many others had a largely stable game before 3.3. Just the occasional matchmaker disconnect.

Since 3.3, in every game session, I get...

Multiple server drops (often resulting in my having to traverse 10k ls again once I log back in, or re-approach a planet that I was already in glide), with the message 'Connection error'
Multiple freezes, anything from 5 seconds to 15 seconds, everything stops for tea. This happens approximately once per hour at any time at all, in any game mode, docked, combat, station menu, anywhere.
Mission board timeouts, where the mission board just won't load.

I frequently have to go to solo just to play the game stably. Please can we at least know that you've identified the cause and are working on these?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Any word please FD? I and many others had a largely stable game before 3.3. Just the occasional matchmaker disconnect.

Since 3.3, in every game session, I get...

Multiple server drops (often resulting in my having to traverse 10k ls again once I log back in, or re-approach a planet that I was already in glide), with the message 'Connection error'
Multiple freezes, anything from 5 seconds to 15 seconds, everything stops for tea. This happens approximately once per hour at any time at all, in any game mode, docked, combat, station menu, anywhere.
Mission board timeouts, where the mission board just won't load.

I frequently have to go to solo just to play the game stably. Please can we at least know that you've identified the cause and are working on these?

Thanks in advance.

While I'm certainly enjoying the updates I'd have to agree I've seen an uptick in disconnection problems and random freezes.
I've tended to blame the freezes on my machine (it is a bit long in the tooth), but I'm pretty sure the net connection is fine...
Maybe a server load thing?
I've heretofore avoided put a bug report in - it seems to inconsistent to be worth it - perhaps I should bug the next few instances though..

Not the only one mate, it sucks in VR, very uncomfortable feeling having the entire world freeze all around you.

Did have a long session yesterday, around 5 hours with no freezes, thought there was a server side fix. Jumped on for an hour a bit later and 4 freezes, one required killing the ED process.

Btw, I don't think solo makes any difference,have tried all three modes. It seems to be related to the Comms server (according to the logs) perhaps the new global system chat is causing issues, or Squad chat (hence why I left your group for a bit)

Last edited:
Agree about the freezes - there's many bug reports and I've been adding vids of freezes as FDev asked for them.

Not had any disconnects, though I have seen long hyperspace jumps, so I think I was close ...

I think a lot will depend on what you are doing though - I'm out exploring so probably doing less transactions than anyone in the bubble, there do seem to be more complaint threads on this topic than usual.

Agreed - very disturbing, even when not in VR. But I have got used to it now. I don't panic now since I discovered that the freeze is actually a proper freeze in the sense that no movement is taking place during the freeze time. It just starts up again and carries on. Unlike other networking issues where you suddenly find yourself beat up and in a crash dive to an asteroid or something. I'm sure it will be dealt with when the team gets back to full strength after the holidays.

I pretty much have stopped playing for the time being due to the state of the game.
^This, combined with Thargoids being late.

Not the only one mate, it sucks in VR, very uncomfortable feeling having the entire world freeze all around you.
I am running an older version of SteamVR (October 2018), due to the latest "controversy" around reprojection settings, and when ED froze, I was presented with the SteamVR loading environment. So I didn't have to watch a static VR shot. Is that, what you see?

Last edited:
Getting kicked of the server each time.i undock
Only way to avoid it is playing solo.

+ 5-10 sec freezes on ocations (rare)

Last edited:
3.3 brought me back.

Not only am I back, but I brought my 11y old son into the game, (yay for the sale on thrustmaster fcs). We play winged up, the disconnects are terrible. Every ten or so minutes either he or I freeze or disconnect. Often the freezes reguire a restart to get back into the same instance.

I would love a real answer from Fdev on this.

Scytale

Banned
As many here, no longer playing this game since 3.3. I expected this patch to be ridiculously crappy, but it turned out to be worse. They even managed to break Exploration with this stupid FSS 2D minigame...

Hey there, we're aware of it, and the issues are being investigated. Apologies for the issues you've been having since the update.

Great to hear. I thought we might have to deal with this for a 5th week. Any word on the planet mapping bug? It rather ruins the new exploration mechanics.

I am running an older version of SteamVR (October 2018), due to the latest around reprojection setttings, and when ED froze, I was presented with the SteamVR loading environment. So I didn't have to watch a static VR shot. Is that, what you see?

Yeah the entire environment freezes, so when you move your head it is locked to the position it froze at. Can cause severe nausea since our brains are not wired for madness like that.

sollisb

Banned
Yeah the entire environment freezes, so when you move your head it is locked to the position it froze at. Can cause severe nausea since our brains are not wired for madness like that.

Yep, and the freeze can happen anytime. I can handle one or 2 an evening but at the rate it's happening just gives me a headache, and the new lighting is atrocious for VR.

And what's the purple tinges on everything? It's looking at a game thru instagram.

Last edited:
Top Bottom