Distant Worlds II Event Servers offline after the first jump of Distant Worlds 2. Come on Frontier!

Seems to be everytime a mass gathering or brain wave idea to get loads of players doing the same thing. Fdev stop offering this mass group events and just let us all play a stable game the servers can cope with.

So disappointing! Thankful that frontier does have staff on hand -thanks for that. But so disappointing that this great event had been better prepared for. Awsome opportunity for Elite to show off wasted.

I really don't know why they call this an MMO.... This happens EVERY TIME! HEY YO FRONTIER!!! SPEND SOME MONEY YOU'VE GOT FROM SELLING THOSE DAMN PAINTJOBS AND GET SOME SERVERS!!! That's ridiculous.......

Come on Frontier.... I mean, seriously... DW2 has been planned for MONTHS. And it crashes the server? It just looks like Frontier did no planning whatsoever. But more worrying is the evident capacity issue: if the servers cannot handle an increase in the number of players online at once, what does that say for anticipation of future sales of the game? I mean, you are hoping there will be future sales, right? As a shareholder in Frontier Developments this is a little more worrying than me not being able to play ED tonight, or take part in a long planned event (planned by the player based, anyway).

Please get your act(s) together!

Last edited:
Come on Frontier.... I mean, seriously... DW2 has been planned for MONTHS. And it crashes the server? It just looks like Frontier did no planning whatsoever. But more worrying is the evident capacity issue: if the servers cannot handle an increase in the number of players online at once, what does that say for anticipation of future sales of the game? I mean, you are hoping there will be future sales, right? As a shareholder in Frontier Developments this is a little more worrying that not being able to play ED tonight, or take part in a long planned event (planned by the player based, anyway).

Please get your act(s) together!

They never plan....

Last edited by a moderator:
65510121.jpg

i'm not even on this expedition and its unplayable tonight. constant drops either in station or jumping with the failed to connect to matchmaking server or some such..

Brett C

Frontier
Hi folks, our servers are slowly returning to normal operations. We've seen many commanders make their way back into the galaxy.

If you can't get back in, give it a little while so that the servers can continue to spin up as needed.

10k CMRDS log on and start jumping.. yeah, cant say I didn't see this coming lol

this would happen to any game...

Last edited:
Top Bottom