Distant Worlds II Event Servers offline after the first jump of Distant Worlds 2. Come on Frontier!

sollisb

Banned
Ed and Will confirmed today that the server team prepared, presumably with extra capacity, the server team I think were in (if I remember what they said right), but regardless people were indeed working on Sunday to support the start. Why would you think they weren't working on Sunday? Are you suggesting they were all at home watching Vera on Sunday night, when someone got a text saying btw the servers collapsed, can you have a wee look when you've finished your tea?

This place kills me. Even the people who apparently like the game and arent here just to troll for sh@ts and giggles ... I don't get it.

Change the name from Dangerous Discussions to Entitled Talk, and be done with it FD.

That's all a bit made up I think;

We were told on the forums that the CM was on call and he updated us. Regardless of that, I'm sure 'some' peeps were on call. To assume they sat in the office all day Sunday just waiting for the servers to crash is either crazy or they knew they were going to crash. Maybe that's their idea of 'we have it covered' ??

Frontier knew about this, and didn't meet the grade. Stop making excuses.

That's all a bit made up I think;

We were told on the forums that the CM was on call and he updated us. Regardless of that, I'm sure 'some' peeps were on call. To assume they sat in the office all day Sunday just waiting for the servers to crash is either crazy or they knew they were going to crash. Maybe that's their idea of 'we have it covered' ??

Frontier knew about this, and didn't meet the grade. Stop making excuses.
I'm not making excuses, I don't think excuses are required.

Those complaining are making claims of incompetence and lack of preparation, questioning the cover. Ed and Will pointed out cover was there, and preparations were made, but ... sh&t happens (my words).

I'd been playing for 3 hours today................BUT NOT NOW - booted, can't connect!!!!!!!!

Edit:

SOD IT!!!!

I'm off to the pub

Last edited:
I've been kicked from the transaction server twice in the past ten minutes. Sort it out FDEV, it's very difficult to scan systems when you get kicked.

sollisb

Banned
I'm not making excuses, I don't think excuses are required.

Those complaining are making claims of incompetence and lack of preparation, questioning the cover. Ed and Will pointed out cover was there, and preparations were made, but ... sh&t happens (my words).

See the posts above this and below yours... Server issues..

They [FD] were asked would there be an issue with the biggest even so far of 2019 and they said they had it covered. The fact is, they didn't. I am not have I claimed 'incompetence' anywhere in relation to his. What I have claim and continue to claim, is they told more porky pies.

This is meant [sic] to me an MMO. Yesterday, the servers went down quicker than a cheap Taiwanese bar dancer. You simply cannot with any credibility, defend it.

Hey guys, I missed the launch but can I somehow catch up with the fleet and still be a part of this?

I’m semi-new and using a Viper MK-IV

So many experts in here, things will be different in your game no doubt.

Don't take it personal, it's not your game after all...
I'm not expert but I've read an article written by an expert describing how Elite can successfully run on a cheap server solution thanks to some tricks.
Sounds fine and fair to me, especially when you create a game with crowd funding.
But this can only be a temporary solution.
When the game becomes popular and it takes the size of a Triple-A game, the cheap solutions can only gets you in trouble.

And this is true for ANY business.

Which official bodies exist to define standards for the number of concurrent connections in a single instance to be classed as an MMO? Is it the European Union? Is that what the Brexit vote was all about?
The first M = Massive - I'm not sure the current limit of about 20 players in an instance really counts as 'Massive'!!

Hey guys, I missed the launch but can I somehow catch up with the fleet and still be a part of this?

I’m semi-new and using a Viper MK-IV

Good luck in a Viper! - If credits is an issue, get a DBX and with A rated FSD with level 5 jump range boost, then catching up shouldn't be a problem at all.
Also make sure you scan high metal content, water worlds & earth likes - you should be able to make 20-25mil by the time you reach the first way point.

Good luck in a Viper! - If credits is an issue, get a DBX and with A rated FSD with level 5 jump range boost, then catching up shouldn't be a problem at all.
Also make sure you scan high metal content, water worlds & earth likes - you should be able to make 20-25mil by the time you reach the first way point.

Thank you for the tip. I'll purchase one with the mentioned spesifications as soon as I can, but will I be able to switch between my ships once I join the fleet or am I stuck with a DBX until we get back?

Got the ship but can you explain what exactly is a level 5 Jump Range Boost?

Top Bottom