Patch Notes Update Update 3.3.02

Sorry, Ace, but you're wrong. The BGS is the game, pal. The BGS is the reason our entire experience is held hostage to an always-online DRM based system, buddy. The BGS is the reason we can't have mods, champ. The BGS is the reason we have mission timers which tick down in REAL TIME, big guy. The BGS is the excuse and justification for every hamstrung feature and every limitation of player agency and flexibility, tiger.

Actually, no, that's the always-online requirement that does that. It would be the case with or without a BGS. The BGS is just another broken hamstrung feature of the game.

It's a natural consequence of trying to turn an intrinsically solo experience into a multiplayer one.

After more than a year without playing the Elite, I came back now, this week, and noticed a problem, on all the planets that I landed to get "materials" are in trouble, in certain places of the planets SRV falls into a fault, as if the modeling of the planet had a mesh defect, can you fix it ????

Anyone else suddenly lose connection to HOTAS in this patch? All was well last night. Patch went in and now the game doesn't see the HOTAS anymore. O/S sees HOTAS just fine. X55, PC. I can see the references to the HOTAS in the bindings file but getting this message in the BindingLoadingErrors.log file:

There where errors when loading preset file: Custom.3.0.binds
Missing devices: SaitekX55Joystick

Which usually happens only when I forget to plug them in before launching the game.

If every day, your progress was set back a week, you would be screaming your lungs out.
Its game breaking, and we have had zero communication for over a month.

This is correct. It may not be game breaking to you captaincaboose but I hate to break it to you chief, the universe doesn't revolve around you alone. For players whose primary focus in game is BGS, yes, it is absolutely game breaking. I think it is useful to keep in mind that not everyone plays the same way or enjoys the same things in game. What might be insignificant to me could be game breaking to you. Another current example is the unfixed passenger bug. If you don't run passenger missions them it isn't game breaking to you. But if you do run passenger missions then passengers will get stuck in your cabins and they can't be removed short of self destruction. You also can't change ships because you have passengers. To say that bugs like these two example are not game breaking because you don't use those features in game is a bit egocentric, don't you think?

Anyone else suddenly lose connection to HOTAS in this patch? All was well last night. Patch went in and now the game doesn't see the HOTAS anymore. O/S sees HOTAS just fine. X55, PC. I can see the references to the HOTAS in the bindings file but getting this message in the BindingLoadingErrors.log file:

There where errors when loading preset file: Custom.3.0.binds
Missing devices: SaitekX55Joystick

Which usually happens only when I forget to plug them in before launching the game.

ANSWER: Problem was in StartPreset.start file (contents was KeyboardMouseOnly instead of Custom). Reset value to custom. Dealt with error regarding 2 missing keybindings (added by new patch). All is well again.

Last edited:
Greetings Commanders,

The Elite Dangerous servers will be offline tomorrow for all platforms from 09:45 UTC for roughly one hour as we apply the 3.3.02 patch.

Thank you for your patience and we'll see you in the black!

Please find the full patch notes below:

Background Simulation

• Balancing changes to the way that states automatically impact influence, economy, and security (balancing is ongoing)

[CUT]

I Think there should be a lot more work before BGS will became balanced ....:D

Just flew to Havans to visit my new home “Anita’s Legacy” only to find it is still “Mason Enterprise” on the galaxy map, system map, when you target the station and written on the station! The only place to even mention “Anita’s Legacy” is on the menu screen inside the station.

I know it was a charity auction but still...

:(

You're lucky! I won a 'Name a system' prize at Elite:Meet last April and still nothing! [mad]

The main problem that bugged me about the last patch are still there- constant keyboard failures causing me to restart the game. I have a lot of controls bound to the keyboard which makes it unplayable sometimes. Doesn't happen in any other game or software or within Windows- just Elite.

Squadron filters seem to have been fixed? As in, the filters actually do something now - with a "1 filter(s) applied" message (and the screen refreshes). So looking for only Spanish players now works. Amazing it's not in the patch notes.

So a small clap for that, better late than never. I wonder what else has been fixed but not listed?

Last edited:
Top Bottom