Astronomy / Space These Are The Most Promising SETI Radio Signals

Hi!

Just in case someone is interested in SETI, I made a video about the most promising radio signals detected so far.

Here it is:

[video=youtube;4MxNEfIfQjI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MxNEfIfQjI[/video]

Hope you enjoy it!

What is the most promising SETI radio signal for you guys? Do you think we will discover an intelligent civilization with the SKA array?

Cheers,
Alberto.

Hi!

Just in case someone is interested in SETI, I made a video about the most promising radio signals detected so far.

Here it is:

Hope you enjoy it!

What is the most promising SETI radio signal for you guys? Do you think we will discover an intelligent civilization with the SKA array?

Cheers,
Alberto.

Great effort CMDR, thanks. I think you are undeniably handsome and look good on the video, but to be honest I think your vocal delivery still needs work. I appreciate that English may not be your first language.

I think the topic of these non-repeating detections is a fascinating one. It certainly makes a person wonder if we might not be on the brink of discovering that there are indeed many other technological civilizations out there. (Remember when we first started discovering exoplanets? I think it might be something like that.)

I will never forget reading Carl Sagan's Pale Blue Dot and being quite astonished to discover that the Wow! signal is far from unique. In the book he refers to 11 other signals detected, 8 of them located within the plane of our galaxy, just as they would be if coming from ETs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom