Dinosaurs Herbivore Defence and Dinosaur Havoc Reeking

Your Feature Request / Idea
I'm gonna ask for things other requests don't usually ask for.

I would like all herbivores to be buffed, not even in ratings (as not to hurt progression), just in attack and defence. Triceratops and Ankylosaurus especially should be evenly matched with T.rex. Triceratops should have a base of 95 attack and 44 defence, and Ankylosaurus should have an attack of 65 and a defence of 74, matching both with T.rex perfectly.

While on herbivore defence, a single raptor killing a hadrosaur is like a single lion killing an elephant, it's ridiculous, I have a fix though, but it would need a few new animations.

The first scenario for both medium and small herbivores is escaping, it would go like this: small/ large carnivore sneaks up, herbivore notices, small chase ensues, herbivore escapes unscathed.

The second scenario would be defence, it would go like this for medium herbivores: small carnivore sneaks up, small carnivore leaps onto back, but is thrown to the ground and crushed to death. Or for large carnivores: carnivore sneaks up, attempts to bite neck, and is smashed against and knocked over by the herbivore (for Allosaurus and smaller) or staggered (for Charcarodontosaurus and larger) doing damage depending on the attack stat of the medium herbivore. Small herbivores cannot defend themselves from large carnivores, but will still fight back against small carnivores like this: small carnivore sneaks up and leaps onto the small herbivore's back, but is thrown off and kicked by ornithimimids, or headbutted by pachycephalosaurs. The damage done to carnivores will this will depend on the attack stat (except small carnivore vs medium herbivore, which will always kill the small carnivore in one hit).

Finally, is the successful hunt, this will be the same as before, except hadrosaurs will only take some damage as opposed to being killed in one attack.

Here are some statistics for how often each scenario will occur:

Ornithomimids will escape small carnivores 70% of the time, and escape from large carnivores 80% of the time, and defend against small carnivores 10% of the time. They would be caught 20% of the time by both small and large carnivores. Making them hard to catch but the least dangerous herbivores to hunt.

Pachycephalosaurs will escape from small and large carnivores 10% of the time, and defend from small carnivores 75% of the time. They would be caught 15% of the time by small carnivores, and be very dangerous prey, but when faced with large carnivores become very easy prey, being caught 90% of the time.

Hadrosaurs will escape from small carnivores 20% of the time, and defend against them 60% of the time as well as defending against large carnivores 30% of the time and escaping from them 50% of the time. They will be caught and killed by large carnivores 30% of the time. They will be caught and injured (but not killed) by small carnivores 20% of the time. This would be the ultimate challenge for a small carnivores, and even hold their own against the larger carnivores, truly a deadly prey item.

All of this combined would make the dinosaur behaviour far more diverse and realistic, and add to immersion.

The last thing I want is Edmontosaurus to be scaled up to 13 meters, like in jpog. (not really a behaviour but still :p)

So there ya have it, my terrible post from a time long forgotten.

Real talk though, herbivores in this game are so weak and underutilised, it's a real shame, so I would be so, so, happy to see an overhaul in their behaviour.

Next part of my post, dinosaur panic behaviours and collateral damage.

Throughout the "Jurassic" franchise, dinosaur breakouts and other such unfortunate occurrences have been utter catastrophes, certainly more than just dead guests. I would love for the devs to see this wishlist (even though I doubt this kind of stuff is top priority), here are a few things I would like to see in the game:

DINOSAUR PANICKING BEHAVIOURS

Tranquillisation and fighting

Some panicking dinosaurs should exhibit behaviours other than running, a few groups of dinosaurs, anyway...

Ceratopsians, sauropods and pachycephalosaurus should try to break fences and escape when panicking.

Ornithimimids should simply run as fast and as far as possible.

Small carnivores should hide in trees.

Large carnivores should either run from threats, or, if being tranquillised, should try to attack the helicopter.

Hadrosaurs should run and make loud calls for help.

Other armoured herbivores should run in small circles and roar.

Ranger teams and storms

When faced with ranger jeeps carnivores and small herbivores should behave the same, but larger herbivores should do more than just run, these are behaviours I want to see:

Sauropods should just ignore ranger teams.

Hadrosaurs should stand their ground and honk back at the jeep's horn.

Ceratopsians should charge at jeeps and knock them around, only if "threatened" by them though, otherwise they should just ignore them.

Stegosaurs and ankylosaurs (including nodosaurs) should get into their fighting animation, and if the ranger team drives too close then their attack animation should play, if this makes contact then the jeep will be knocked about, (NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT DAMAGING THE JEEP, JUST KNOCKING IT AROUND).

Dinosaurs in storms should behave the exact same as always, but Triceratops may occasionally turn to face the storm and stand it's ground, as a reference to Fallen Kingdom, where a Triceratops running from the pyroclastic flow turns around at the cliff and faces the oncoming destruction (speaking of destruction, I would like dinosaurs to be killed by tornadoes).

COLLATERAL DAMAGE

All dinosaurs, apart from ornithomimids and small carnivores, should be able to damage structures other than fences.

When big dinosaurs run into those poles on fancy paths or pylons they should break them, they should also be able to attack monorail columns, if broken, the monorail will stop working. I would love a special kill animation where the loser of a fight would be knocked/thrown into a small building (bar,emergency shelters etc.) or substation and smash it, breaking it and killing themselves in the process.

OTHER STUFF TO NOTE

In Fallen Kingdom the Indoraptor is held in a heavy steel cage which it can't break out of, therefore I feel the Indoraptor should be unable to break heavy steel and stronger (or at least take an extremely long time against heavy steel), but instead climb over them, if electric fences are used to stop them climbing, they will refuse to eat or drink until you fix the problem (the Indoraptor's strength is in it's ability to trick and scheme, as opposed to raw strength like a Triceratops, in this case it's trying to ruin your business by reducing it's welfare). If left to starve they will begin digging under the fence, but have a chance of shocking themselves while crawling under.

Small carnivores and ornithomimids should be unable to break anything but light steel, ornithomimids should become ill from stress, and if electric fences stop small carnivores them from climbing they will beginning fighting and digging under the fence (also with a chance of electrocution). They should do very small damage to fences (the lowest damage of any dinosaur, because they are the lightest), but attack several times in one animation, and attack very quickly. Their stats should be the lowest of any dinosaur in general (like 5 attack, 2 defence kind of weak, they will still be lethal to each other because of their low defence), this will keep them as deadly as ever, but also keep their ability believable.

I would be overjoyed for even one of my ideas to make it into the game, and I can't wait for the next update.

Ranger teams and storms

When faced with ranger jeeps carnivores and small herbivores should behave the same, but larger herbivores should do more than just run, these are behaviours I want to see:

Sauropods should just ignore ranger teams.

Hadrosaurs should stand their ground and honk back at the jeep's horn.

Ceratopsians should charge at jeeps and knock them around, only if "threatened" by them though, otherwise they should just ignore them.

Stegosaurs and ankylosaurs (including nodosaurs) should get into their fighting animation, and if the ranger team drives too close then their attack animation should play, if this makes contact then the jeep will be knocked about, (NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT DAMAGING THE JEEP, JUST KNOCKING IT AROUND).

In the book they mention that jeeps have a diagonal line painted because that makes Triceratops miss when charging at them, so I think ceratopsians should do that: charge at the jeeps and fail most of the times, sometimes knocking them.

Like your idea about stegosaurians and ankylosaurians, but it would make it difficult to take a different picture...maybe if only the Alpha reacts this way?

ABSOLUTELY LOVE hadrosaurians screaming back at the horn :D:D:D

Large carnivores should ignore the jeep, and small carnivores should only panick at the horn.

Top Bottom