News Forum revamp coming soon!

So that's what the 100+ have been up to.

I mean it's not like Powerplay and the BGS are not working or anything, .......Jeez H Chri....

Last edited:

Deleted member 110222

D
It'll be interesting to see how the new Frontier Forum compares to the ESO forum.

Mechanically, the ESO forum is better than the current iteration of Frontier's board.

[QUOTES=FrogsFriend;7436079]Exciting times.

Please remember to keep those alternative pastel themes available. Not everyone (i.e. me :) ) can live with white writing on a black background.[/QUOTE]

I second that.

• Bug Reports and Support will be moved to their own dedicated websites.
In terms of Bug Reporting and Support systems, we will be launching a new, dedicated bug tracking website in order for us to make that process easier, better, and more manageable! You will be able to log issues as you're used to, and the community will be able to vote on your issue which will consider it confirmed - this means we can put more focus into examining the highest ranked issues.

This is the best part of the news, I'm sorry to say the forum has been a very poor tool to manage issues. Hopefully this will also help the community get quicker&better feedback on open issues. Obviously we can't get a 1:1 feedback with the internal state, but if we could at least get them updated with states like: "accepted", "won't fix", "duplicate", "rejected", "fixed" it would be a great improvement.

Also, the possibility for the community to mark a bug as duplicate (pointing to the original report) would be a great way to help too, although the whole system should make it more difficult to create duplicate issues.

And finally, please consider the adoption of a reputation system to avoid wild upvoting/downvoting to prioritize/deprioritize bugs arbitrarily (especially if you're not gonna limit to 1 account per frontier account as mentioned later in the thread). As an example, Stack Overflow has a pretty neat reputation system: https://stackoverflow.com/help/whats-reputation

Last edited:
Interesting combination "PvP, Powerplay, and CQC will be merged into a new Playstyles section".

One I'm involved in every time I log on, another I'm at risk of being involved in every time I log on, and one have hardly touched since it launched.

Last edited:
Current plan is to consolidate all of the Powerplay powers forums' threads into the primary Powerplay forum, and attach prefixes to the threads of the forum that they came from (that was hard to say out loud, but it should make sense!) :D

XenForo2 at its base is 100% responsive-design. Which, in simpler terms denotes that no matter how big or small you make the forum theme, it changes according to screen size. There technically isn't a "mobile mode" with XenForo due to that. :)

Not convinced that works well for the PP communities. Certainly it'll make it hard for us to sticky our weekly objectives.

In terms of Bug Reporting and Support systems, we will be launching a new, dedicated bug tracking website in order for us to make that process easier, better, and more manageable! You will be able to log issues as you're used to, and the community will be able to vote on your issue which will consider it confirmed - this means we can put more focus into examining the highest ranked issues.

These are great news, the forum is a bad tool for bug reporting, it's not a tool meant for that.
Also the voting system sounds interesting, it reminds me of a stackoverflow style, which is good.

Brett C

Frontier
I hope that the current user rep system is gone with Xenforo 2 and replaced with the good old "like" button. ;)

Don't quote me on this, but do believe rep will auto-translate over to a single post like. Rep on XenForo doesn't really "exist" like it does with vBulletin. :)

Last edited:
To be honest FD were too late in giving Powerplay powers forum areas, in the very beginning we all went to Reddit and now its Discord or Trello for the odd people.

Powerplay on the main forums never gained traction after that, and since FD gave up on posting weekly data its dwindled down.

I really do hope this is not an indication of FDs commitment in the New Era™ to further sidelining features that FD have no intention of improving, but lack the conviction to remove. Its not fair on the people who play these features to keep them hoping for change when nothing will come. I do hope the Powerplay feedback has not been forgotten and not a Planet Coaster devs foot-rest.

Good luck with the revamp!

I just hope some of the themes don't follow what seems to be the "modern" way of displaying stuff, which I really hate, where there is so much white-space and gaps between things you only see about 5 threads or posts per page, even on a big screen. :)

Brett C

Frontier
These are great news, the forum is a bad tool for bug reporting, it's not a tool meant for that.
Also the voting system sounds interesting, it reminds me of a stackoverflow style, which is good.

The forums bug reporting system, while it works to an extent, does leave a lot left to be desired for... both on the front-end and on the back-end. Our amazing web team, along with QA and others, have been working away at the new system. We're excited to see the new reporting tool getting use in the near future.

Top Bottom