Forum revamp coming soon!

In many ways keeping players of PC and Jurassic park separate from Elite Cmdrs has been a good thing. As players of JPE can appreciate its important to keep their Genetically created monsters in tight containment is a good thing.

What still fascinates me is this 'ranking' feature based on number of post. Did it need to be specially coded. Also what is Forum PVP exactly. Apart from forum users trying to prevent other from ranking up by trashing there posts.

There should be a premoderation feature, where all entries are automatically against the forum rule criteria.

Last edited:
That's a silly question. It will become legacy and you will have to regrind it. Welcome to Engineering 2.0 ;-)))

Some people will have their rep grandfathered into the new system at a level that the new system will never allow people to reach ;)

Wait - why remove any of those? Is that mean some of these parts is no longer supported or valid part of the game?

Wait, powerplay was once supported and a valid part of the game? :D

Last edited:
I wonder if the Private Backers Forum will be deleted, as it is little used.

It would be sad because it represents the source of ED, the kickstarter.

Last edited:
Are all the forum going to be deleted or archived, or will the archive be deleted?

I do not think that the archives will be deleted.

The archives represent the memory of something.

Maybe they will simply be inaccessible on the forums.

Some sub-forums will probably be deleted but before they will be archived and stored in a safe in the central bank of England. :p

Last edited:
[*]The 'Astronomy' and 'Hardware' forums will be removed with their discussions now welcome in Off Topic;

As opposed to putting Hardware and Technical under Dangerous Discussion - where it can actually be found, because the hardware used to play ED is NOT off topic, quite the contrary...

Z...

Last edited:
As opposed to putting Hardware and Technical under Dangerous Discussion - where it can actually be found, because the hardware used to play ED is NOT off topic, quite the contrary...

Z...

Yeah Discussion can be really dangerous at times.

I just hope that the new format will not be the big loss of place

with BIG fonts many websites currently use

just to be readable on 6" screens
but are not meant to be read on PCs. :eek: :O :D

Top Bottom