Jurassic World 1 Year

maybe i think they would do something
they did say that something would be coming later in the year so this could be a big update and or dlc

There is a small update in April and we will see, but hopefully we get more DLC for sure and more locations to build on because these 5 locations plus the two for Dr.Wu weren't that good and the overall blandness of the dinosaur fights are mostly one sided and really really not exciting so maybe we could get custom animations for many Dino's would be a better update

The fundemental issue is that the game is still lacking terrain tools, decorations and additional buildings to enable us to create our own unique parks. At present the posibilities are fairly limited. They also need to add more attractions. It isnt like the Jurassic World films did not give us plenty of attraction ideas. I couldnt care less about more paid DLC. I wont personally be giving them anymore money until they put in some decorations.

get custom animations for many Dino's would be a better update

the thing I dont understand at all for the many requests about this, is what do people mean exactly? Just different scripted animations for when they attack, kill, etc?
But it would not change the gameplay at all, and by custom they are certainly not going to add unique for each species in this manner the amount of work and again not changing really anything about the game.

They would need to add sets of new scripted animations that could be applied to groups of dinosaurs and change the interactions and this would make the game feel much more alive (sauropods attacking, small carns getting killed/attacking, escape animations being added to hunts instead of always instadeath, etc)

now someone was talking about an april fools sort of thing going on for that update, which frontier confirmed that is a no, but I would be sure to think they have something in store for the year anniversary. I'm of the opinion they are now or have been working on the game's first larger update, maybe a proper expansion. June would definitely seem the right time frame and with the year from release, to see something like that come about.

Last edited:
the thing I dont understand at all for the many requests about this, is what do people mean exactly? Just different scripted animations for when they attack, kill, etc?
But it would not change the gameplay at all, and by custom they are certainly not going to add unique for each species in this manner the amount of work and again not changing really anything about the game.

They would need to add sets of new scripted animations that could be applied to groups of dinosaurs and change the interactions and this would make the game feel much more alive (sauropods attacking, small carns getting killed/attacking, escape animations being added to hunts instead of always instadeath, etc)

now someone was talking about an april fools sort of thing going on for that update, which frontier confirmed that is a no, but I would be sure to think they have something in store for the year anniversary. I'm of the opinion they are now or have been working on the game's first larger update, maybe a proper expansion. June would definitely seem the right time frame and with the year from release, to see something like that come about.

I suppose things like the animals doing normal things. Sleeping was the first new behaviour we got. So we should expand. Lets have a rest without sleeping. Lying down and gazing around. Lets see them having a "bird" bath, by wallowing in the water and shaking. Then a dirt bath. When and if we get sand or dirt for enclosures, a similar animation for messing about in the dirt.

Just add a sand and/or dirt brush. It is that simple, that would be something everybody is looking forward to. Just a different ground texture when you design the enclosures. something so simple

Just add a sand and/or dirt brush. It is that simple, that would be something everybody is looking forward to. Just a different ground texture when you design the enclosures. something so simple

absolutly agree! somthing so simple that had to be done since the game was released and we still wait after 8 month??? unbelievable

absolutly agree! somthing so simple that had to be done since the game was released and we still wait after 8 month??? unbelievable

Honestly Frontier could've added this advanced terrain tool whenever they wanted to, such as hint hint in the 1.6 update just a thought

yeah i get it but these were more things that really only matter if say the game was worked on much longer, and ALL included in release (sleeping, resting, dust bath, etc.)

I mean, for example, just the added sleep much later did absolute zero for me. You know I had already so many hrs in the game and this small addition is just too late that does not change much. but thats my opinion on things like that.

if they could add all these small behaviors though in a free patch at the same time the large expansion that is expected in the summer, something that would REALLY add to the dinosaurs behavior, now that would work great I think.

There was a tease on a post saying super summer thing

at this rate the game will be dead far before summer..... we are still talking about a game that is not complete at all ( No real terrains tools decorations for the park ecc... only a very basic behavior for dinosaurs.... ecc) and more than 3 months of silence are killing the game fast...

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
We love that everyone is so enthusiastic about updates that they want so many more of them. There's a lot of stuff that goes on behind the scenes in continuing to produce a fun game like Jurassic World Evolution. Whilst we do have a small update planned for April that doesn't mean that our staff haven't been working very hard on bigger and more exciting things as well. If you missed our little Developer Spotlight teaser this week we have hinted at the small update in April, an update in early summer and something cool for later on. It's going to be an awesome year for Jurassic World Evolution :)

We love that everyone is so enthusiastic about updates that they want so many more of them. There's a lot of stuff that goes on behind the scenes in continuing to produce a fun game like Jurassic World Evolution. Whilst we do have a small update planned for April that doesn't mean that our staff haven't been working very hard on bigger and more exciting things as well. If you missed our little Developer Spotlight teaser this week we have hinted at the small update in April, an update in early summer and something cool for later on. It's going to be an awesome year for Jurassic World Evolution :)

Better gimme my GODAMN UTAHRAPTOR please

Terrain Tool and Decorations: new buildings and attractions, new path types, dirt, sand, rocks/boulders, better mountain creator tool, new tree types pine and redwoods, new ferns, tall grass, statues, signs, benches, more skins for JEEPS AND HELICOPTERS, paths and gates can be placed on top of and through each other, bridges, catwalks for paddocks, log viewer for rex kingdom, anything that says InGen on it.

New Dino Animations: different fight outcome animations for the more popular dinosaurs vs each other, more elaborated fighting for dominance animations (Trike and Pachy species MUST HEAD BUTT). Raptors climbing fences. raptors climbing stairs and attempting to open door on the viewer platforms (THANK GOD FOR KEYPAD DOORS INSTEAD OF DOOR KNOBS), dinos wallowing in the water and dirt, resting, different snapping and playful fight animations during socializing, sauropods getting attack and kill animations, trample animations from herbivores on small carnivores or small herbivores if stressed

JP/LW dlc: all 93 Park Buildings and skins for Raptors, Rexes, Dilos,

Last edited:
Terrain Tool and Decorations: new buildings and attractions, new path types, dirt, sand, rocks/boulders, better mountain creator tool, new tree types pine and redwoods, new ferns, tall grass, statues, signs, benches, more skins for JEEPS AND HELICOPTERS, paths and gates can be placed on top of and through each other, bridges, catwalks for paddocks, log viewer for rex kingdom, anything that says InGen on it.

New Dino Animations: different fight outcome animations for the more popular dinosaurs vs each other, more elaborated fighting for dominance animations (Trike and Pachy species MUST HEAD BUTT). Raptors climbing fences. raptors climbing stairs and attempting to open door on the viewer platforms (THANK GOD FOR KEYPAD DOORS INSTEAD OF DOOR KNOBS), dinos wallowing in the water and dirt, resting, different snapping and playful fight animations during socializing, sauropods getting attack and kill animations, trample animations from herbivores on small carnivores or small herbivores if stressed

THIS!

<3 THIS AND JUST THIS ! xD
I want anything with INGEN on it too lol.... and Lost World skins & JP buildings/roadsigns so bad !! :D

Top Bottom