Halo: The Master Chief Collection coming to PC: Windows 10 Store AND Steam!

• Thread starter Deleted member 110222
  • Start date
Yeah, I'd like to try a Halo game to see what all the noise is about. :)
That is... unless I'll have to buy an Xbox controller to play it. :p

Thats pretty cool, as I never had a console I will be able to try the famous game now. But same as Chris, only if I can play with M+K.

Deleted member 110222

D
It's behind the link... ;)

Full mouse and keyboard support, 4k UHD support.

Fret not, you will not be forced to use a gamepad. Actually the reverse is happening, with mouse and keyboard coming to Xbox. ;)

Deleted member 110222

D

I know that this will be an unpopular opinion, but in my view, a gaming PC in 2019 is not complete without an Xbox 360/One gamepad.

Lots of games out there that are genuinely better with a gamepad.

I know that this will be an unpopular opinion, but in my view, a gaming PC in 2019 is not complete without an Xbox 360/One gamepad.

Lots of games out there that are genuinely better with a gamepad.

I'm not arguing with the fact that some types of games are better with the cotroller.
I'm just saying I personally can't stand it.

Years ago, I bought a PS3 for the sole reason of playing The Last of Us and Beyond Two Souls. And both of the games remain among the top games I've ever played and I played them (obviously) with the gamepad.
I hated it. Every second of it. Never got used to it and never touched the console or the gamepad again after finishing those two games.
That is my problem personally, of course, but I'm not willing to sacrifice my comfort again. :D

Last edited:

Not at all, I first played the PC version of Halo and it was not a lesser shooter just because it was first launched on Xbox. At the time it was my favourite fps, especially multiplayer. I didn't get to play Halo on a console until Halo 3, struggled a bit in the beginning coming from PC and having to get used to a controller.

Should point out that there was no aim assist on the PC version, you had to be precise with the headshots, and no I did not use a controller.

Last edited:
Ok, I'm officially pumped for this!

I've wanted decent PC versions of Halo for years and now it's happening.

Why would anybody play this with a controller on a PC? Quite literally one thing that breaks Halo for me is limitations of a console controller.

This is going on the wish list. Played the first one on PC way back when then missed the others due to me being PC only.

Last edited:
Any dates for when it comes to steam?

I always liked the HALO series but never owned and Xbox and cannot do FPS shooters on a gamepad, i need mouse and keyboard.

Deleted member 110222

D
I've seen it now and it's inferior. Wrong layout, no gyros, no touchpad, no Bluetooth.

Gyro & touchpad is a gimmick, and I was using bluetooth today.

Absolute rubbish. Just use a cable...

Deleted member 110222

D
Why would anybody play this with a controller on a PC? Quite literally one thing that breaks Halo for me is limitations of a console controller.

I plan on playing M&K. While I'm crap with M&K for most genres, FPS/TPS is the exception.

Top Bottom