Beat Saber Fans

So... from another thread, I finally found someone else having fun playing Beat Saber.

Today, they released a new version with a new OST (original soundtracks) package and a DLC music pack.

They're all good, well, great actually. Good songs. Got through most of them in Expert+ level already today (the VR set is dripping of sweat).

But... the old OST1 songs now are screwed up. They seem to go faster and the boxes are showing up much later than before. I played them yesterday (and almost every day for quite a while), so any difference is noticeable. And something is definitely going on. The OST1 is much harder than OST2 now suddenly. What's up with that?

Heheh, yeah. Another Beat Saber fan. Honestly, I thought almost everybody is playing it or at least has played it occasionally.
I think it's the second best VR game after Elite. :)

I haven't played in a couple of days, now, because I screwed up my shoulder (not playing Beat Saber, but rather just being clumsy with firewood). It's kind of a bummer hearing about the old songs, though I haven't played them as much, recently.

I'm using the ModSaber Installer app to download and play custom fan-made songs, mostly. Some are pretty awesome.
I'm looking forward to the new official ones, though, of course.

Last edited:

Deleted member 110222

D
How do people make those videos of the game where you can literally see the IRL player inside the game world?

Oh, and just to spice the thread up - here's my favourite Beat Saber Youtuber - Tempex

[video=youtube;XhvYddRApPA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhvYddRApPA[/video]

Pop Stars is one of my favourites from the recent songs update, but it's one of those REALLY hard ones even just on Hard. I think I made it through flawlessly only once or twice, but never with good rating as I have to compromise between speed and the "oomph" of the slashes, which is bad, obviously.

But I've learned a lot from Tempex. He has very interesting way of doing the "stabs", which is quite awesome.

Last edited:
Heheh, yeah. Another Beat Saber fan. Honestly, I thought almost everybody is playing it or at least has played it occasionally.
I think it's the second best VR game after Elite. :)
Agree. And is one of the top 5 (maybe even the top-top) VR single player game right now.

I haven't played in a couple of days, now, because I screwed up my shoulder (not playing Beat Saber, but rather just being clumsy with firewood).
It's a real bummer to get injured. And at our age, it takes forever to heal up. My elbow got bad before Christmas when I played with my kids. There's this beat-saver song that was just to "jerky". Swinging back and forth way too much, and it's been bad for a while. It's on the mend now though, but man, it's annoying.

It's kind of a bummer hearing about the old songs, though I haven't played them as much, recently.
I hope they'll figure it out and fix it. Right now, it's not right. Even my wife (she plays on Hard level mostly) said things were coming faster in the old songs.

I'm using the ModSaber Installer app to download and play custom fan-made songs, mostly. Some are pretty awesome.
Same! Have some 100 songs...

Warning!!! The mod I have installed isn't compatible with the new version, so none of the old songs are showing up. They're still on the harddisk though, and will check today or tomorrow if the mods have been updated. So if you're going to play, don't let it update to the new version yet.

I'm looking forward to the new official ones, though, of course.
Since you're using mod, wait until the mod-community is up to version.

How do people make those videos of the game where you can literally see the IRL player inside the game world?
You need a camera (not sure if special is needed), and I believe Steam or some extra app to VR can do an overlay.

Basically what the software does is filming you and the whole place you're in, but anything that's static in view for more than a second will automatically become "green screen" and replaced with the game screen.

I'm thinking about doing it, but I'm not sure the computer I have is fast enough. It's already a bit buggy sometimes.

Last edited:
Oh, and just to spice the thread up - here's my favourite Beat Saber Youtuber - Tempex
Pop Stars is one of my favourites from the recent songs update,
Same!

The first times I managed to play through it on Expert+, I was crying... I couldn't stop hulking because of the adrenaline and excitement. LOL! It was intense.

but it's one of those REALLY hard ones even just on Hard. I think I made it through flawlessly only once or twice, but never with good rating as I have to compromise between speed and the "oomph" of the slashes, which is bad, obviously.
Not to brag... well, a little... (Don't hit me!) I've done it on extra speed... :D

But I've learned a lot from Tempex. He has very interesting way of doing the "stabs", which is quite awesome.
Who's that? Youtube?

Something I've noticed with my own development in the game is that I'm seeing boxes less and less, and see patterns more. Basically, I'm starting to look at series of boxes to hit. The weirdest things have been when I have been focused on blue and my left is hitting boxes correctly without my attention. Really strange feeling.

There's this beat-saver song that was just to "jerky". Swinging back and forth way too much, and it's been bad for a while. It's on the mend now though, but man, it's annoying.

This one point really resonates. Some songs just don't "feel right", right?
It's like they are deliberately trying to throw you off-rythm and the consecutive moves don't make sense, which can ACTUALLY hurt.

That's why I really love the Pop Stars, but also the Take me home, country roads (BeatSaver) and some others, where the slashes tie fluently into one another and it's much easier to build a muscle memory and do heavier slashes.

edit: and yes "Tempex" is a Youtube channel I watch. He's great (the video I've posted is from there)

And yeah, I'm fully expecting the mods not working after every update, but that's fine as I will have new official songs to play and the modders will catch up, eventually. :)

Last edited:
This one point really resonates. Some songs just don't "feel right", right?
Exactly! And the worst ones can be found in the mod community. Some songs are just the "dumbest" paths.

That's why I like the Pop song because it's fluid. It's like you're dancing with the music. It's almost a bit transcendent.

It's like they are deliberately trying to throw you off-rythm and the consecutive moves don't make sense, which can ACTUALLY hurt.
Agree. It's like whoever did the path wants a technical difficulty, a "gotcha" thing in there. I don't care for that so much because I want to feel the rhythm and be part of the music, like a sword dance.

That's why I really love the Pop Stars, but also the Take me home, country roads (BeatSaver) and some others, where the slashes tie fluently into one another and it's much easier to build a muscle memory and do heavier slashes.
Yup. 100% with ya'.

I love it when some songs they can get that adrenaline buildup, and there's some big beat slash... man... it's like nothing else.

edit: and yes "Tempex" is a Youtube channel I watch. He's great (the video I've posted is from there)
Oh. Cool. I will check it out.

Last edited:
Heh. Yeah, Beat Saber is a great game to showcase VR, too. It's static so most people don't have problems (unless they're epileptic) and the game is easy to pick up.

Also, it's probably most hilarious VR game to watch somebody play it. :D :D

In-game I feel like an awesome samurai-Jedi-drummer doing musical Tai-chi.

My daughter says I look like Wacky Waving Inflatable Tube Guy.

:D

Yup, exactly. :D
Don't ever let anyone record you while playing. It's funny, but you're going to end up with a depression.

Last edited:
In-game I feel like an awesome samurai-Jedi-drummer doing musical Tai-chi.

My daughter says I look like Wacky Waving Inflatable Tube Guy.

:D
Well put. It's exactly that.

In game, you feel like Darth Maul or Obi Wan killing boxes. Other people look at you and yeah...

[video=youtube;6GznhT__PXs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GznhT__PXs[/video]

+1 great game.

I still need to find a good tracklist though. Some I downloaded through a mod are subpar, and it feels music selection could go a long way!

They released a fix, and it looks like the OST1 songs are corrected now. A lot of people complained about the problem after the previous update, but seems to work now.

+1 great game.

I still need to find a good tracklist though. Some I downloaded through a mod are subpar, and it feels music selection could go a long way!
You download from Beat Saver? Some of the songs are terrible. Awful maps, but then again, some of them are great. Just wish they had a sample with music and boxes, like a 10 sec play on the Beat Saver site.

You download from Beat Saver? Some of the songs are terrible. Awful maps, but then again, some of them are great. Just wish they had a sample with music and boxes, like a 10 sec play on the Beat Saver site.

It's a hit and miss with the Saver.

I've downloaded some fifty songs and I think I've kept about ten. The rest was unplayable. Which sucks because I like those songs "IRL" and would have loved to play them if they were mapped properly. Well, now they're gone, anyway. :D

Also I've finally tried the update and the new songs. I like them. I also like the added sorting if the old, new and the extras. Saves some scrolling.

Last edited:
Top Bottom