General / Off-Topic New series of star trek

Hi all,

I'm watching the new series of Star Trek on Netflix and enjoying it. Just wondered what distances did they travel. Did they travel outside of our galaxy.

Thanks,

Ivorsmallun..

They went to an alternate parallel universe version, so that's kind of outside our galaxy...

Like all Star Trek it's all in the (a) Milky Way.

They don't travel anymore, they use their spore drive to teleport anywhere in the galaxy in an instant, yet can't think of any new place to explore!

There is no "less terrible" only the bottomless heresy that is devouring the loved and chrished lore of real startrek.

Don't think they travelled outside of our galaxy.

Even with warpdrive the next galaxy, andromeda is infinity away. Or 2.537 million ly according to google.

Edit: yeah i know spore drive. Whatever. I have an amusing name for it but its not suitable for this forum :)

Last edited:
Netflix libraries differ for each country.
Canada's library, for example is half of the US.
For example, we have Brooklyn nine nine, whereas in the US it's on Hulu, which is a service not offered here, without jumping through VPN hoops.

Dude... it spins. What madness is this? The ship spins all over the place. What could it possibly be made of to take stresses like that?

In the Star Trek universe is called "Inertial dampeners", that's why you don't see seat bealts in the original series and many movies!. I suppose is the same why you are not converted in smashed potatoe when jump in ED-

Last edited:
In the Star Trek universe is called "Inertial dampeners", that's why you don't see seat bealts in the original series and many movies!. I suppose is the same why you are not converted in smashed potatoe when jump in ED-

Im pretty sure but wouldnt swear to it. The inertial dampers protect the crew from being splattered against the walls when the ship moves. Try to imagine what would happen when you go from warp to crusing gently in a second. Like in a car crash when you go thru the front window but much much worse. You mean the structural integrity field.

Edit: ah yes i see your edit :)

Last edited:
Im pretty sure but wouldnt swear to it. The inertial dampers protect the crew from being splattered against the walls when the ship moves. Try to imagine what would happen when you go from warp to crusing gently in a second. Like in a car crash when you go thru the front window but much much worse. You mean the structural integrity field.

Edit: ah yes i see your edit :)

:D The logic is the same for all FTL ships in any game, series or films!

The graphics are so pretty aswell, its such a shame. The pew pew combat annoys me aswell. I mean i get that they wanted multi shot weapons but why the sound effects :(

Edit: the original captain from teh first series i actually felt sorry for him cause he could have done the captain thing well but he got stuck with STD. Whos idea was "black alert" fire that person now!

Best thing about STD are the entertaining youtube reviews :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MeimwpglUs

hahaha

Last edited:
I love Discovery, best trek since DS9.

I particularly like Saru, he has such a wise presence, and I've enjoyed watching him change this season. The rest of the cast is very good as well. Better acting than most trek shows. Just hoping they bring back Lorca somehow.

I also think the "previously on Star Trek" recap of "The Cage" was amazing.

STD for me, has been painful and horrible to watch in so many aspects. (fun commentary at the "Nerdrotic" channel) (& I'm a TOS fan where my favorite Trek movie is TMP.)This is the "bad robot" "prime" Kurtzman verse, not the original prime Trek universe. Well, the Talos IV episode was a bright spot, paying proper homage to the original series pilot, one of Gene Roddenberry's original stories. Maybe someday the franchise will get back to regular flavor proper.

Last edited:
Top Bottom