ANNOUNCEMENT New Forums Release Date and Downtime

Paige Harvey

Community Manager
EDIT: We’ve made an adjustment to the original forum post regarding the new Bug Reporting system. Our apologies for any misunderstanding or inconvenience caused.

Hello all!

We are excited to announce that we will begin the process of transferring the Frontier forums over to their new format from Monday 25th March, 2019! This update will combine all the Frontier games together, help streamline the forums to make them easier to navigate, and features a new design and functionality! The Frontier forums are a treasure trove of information, discussion, and creativity which means there's quite a lot of stuff to transfer across to the new system. This means we're looking at a period of forum downtime whilst we get everything sorted.

We will also soon be launching our brand new Bug Reporting site. This new system will make it easier for you to submit and track your bug reports and help let our QA team know which bugs are most important to you. This system will be up and running soon, and in the meantime the process of reporting bugs will not change; it will be available on the forums until the new system goes live (we will announce this beforehand) and during forum migration none of your already reported bugs will be lost.
Our support website is also available for any urgent issues you may have during this time.

The forums will begin maintenance on Monday 25 March and we anticipate around 3 days of downtime, though this may be subject to change.

In order to reduce the transfer times we will be updating areas of the forum that have low activity or would no longer be necessary on the new site. The following forums will be seeing a change:

Removed Forums

Elite Dangerous

• Dangerous Groups - FAQs
  • Community Goal Submissions
  • Factions (All)
  • Community Drabbles
  • Xbox One Off Topic
  • PlayStation 4 Off Topic
  • Elite Support
  • International Discussion (Main discussion forum)
  • Private Forums: Group Leaders, Video makers, Private writers, Galactic Academy and 3rd party devs

Jurassic World Evolution

• InGen Database
  • New Visitor Welcome Center
  • Bug Reporting
  • Tech Support

Planet Coaster

• Coaster Head Club
  • Tech Support
  • Bug Reports
  • Toolkit Requests
  • Events and Competitions
  • Triggered Events
  • Placeholder Scenery
  • Other Creations
  • Community Creations General
  • Community Exposition
  • Introductions

The following forums will be merged into new forum areas, so the content will remain but they will now be found elsewhere. Our new forums feature prefixes that will allow you to find the content you are after more easily in busier areas.

Merged Forums

Elite Dangerous

• All news sections will be merged into one 'News & Bulletins' forum
  • Newcomers and Introductions forum will now be part of 'Newcomer questions, Guides and Tutorials'
  • 'Engineers' Merged with 'Ships'
  • 'Ship Builds & loadouts' merged with 'Ships'
  • Modes merged with Playstyles
  • PvP merged with Playstyles
  • Powerplay merged with Playstyles
  • CQC merged with playstyles
  • Horizons merged with Dangerous Discussion
  • Community Events & Creations merged with events
  • Xbox One Dangerous Groups merged with global Dangerous Group area
  • Playstation 4 Dangerous Groups merged with global Dangerous Group area
  • All Player Tools and API forums to be merged into one forum
  • All International discussion forums to be merged into new International Discussion area of the forum

Jurassic World Evolution

• The Bunker will be merged into the global Off Topic forum

Planet Coaster

• 'International Discussions' merged with global International section
  • 'Work in progress items' merged into new 'Your Creations' forum
  • 'Completed items' merged into new 'Your Creations' forum
  • 'Coasters', 'Flat rides' and 'track rides' now merged into new 'Rides' forum with prefixes used to identify specific ride types
  • 'Parks and Saved games' and 'Scenarios' now merged into new 'Parks and Scenarios' forum
  • 'Off Topic Discussions' and 'Real world parks and rides' merged to global off topic area.

Frontier Forums

• All forums for past Frontier games will now be merged into one forum with prefixes.
  • All Off Topic forums will be merged into global off topic section

We can't wait to show you the new forums. Once the forums are back online you should be able to login with your regular details and pick up where you left off. As always we will welcome any feedback you might have on the new site once it's live.

We'll see you on the other side!

We'll see you on the other side!

Roy-Batty-Dove-2.jpg

Is there any way to provoke the Wayback machine to do a deep crawl of the forums over the weekend?

Deleted member 110222

D
3 days?
3 DAYS!?!?
I'm scared of cold turkey.

I foresee a big boost to productivity for many companies.

I saw that on Facebook and was like... "You what mate?"

So the "official forums" are going down for 3 days to be replaced by the "official forums". Not to worry, they are instituting a new bug reporting system but all bugs will be ignored as usual and "exploits" fixed in 24 hours

Last edited:
Let's hope they continue to provide multiple color styles. I use Elite Dangerous Fixed on the forum to match the in-game colors. The black background is much easier on the eyes while also playing the game. A standard white background/black text is like having a flashlight in your eyes while squinting to see the game.

Perhaps a "custom" style selection could be added. Players who have changed their in-game colors could then tweak the forum colors to closely match.

Last edited:
Let's hope they continue to provide multiple color styles. I use Elite Dangerous Fixed on the forum to match the in-game colors. The black background is much easier on the eyes while also playing the game. A standard white background/black text is like having a flashlight in your eyes while squinting to see the game.

Perhaps a "custom" style selection could be added. Players who have changed their in-game colors could then tweak the forum colors to closely match.

I just hope the new forum does away with custom colors for text. Nothing worse then one of you black background guys setting your text to white so that I can't read the post without highlighting the text :)

Brett C

Frontier
I just hope the new forum does away with custom colors for text. Nothing worse then one of you black background guys setting your text to white so that I can't read the post without highlighting the text :)

With the ED section being forced to the ED theme, i'm fairly confident that it won't be as much of a problem. :)

Brett C

Frontier

There will be four themes on XenForo 2. JWE, PC, ED and the Frontier Official Theme. JWE and ED are of the two darker-styles. Then PC, and Frontier Themes are lighter colors.

There will be four themes on XenForo 2. JWE, PC, ED and the Frontier Official Theme. JWE and ED are of the two darker-styles. Then PC, and Frontier Themes are lighter colors.
Yay ... so I don't have to use the dark theme for ED? I can use the lighter Frontier theme? Phew.

Top Bottom