A few questions about day/night cycle

Do some maps currently not have a proper night cycle?? The first map I tried had a night cycle while for some reason the current map I am playing on just warps through the night in seconds. Is this a bug or a feature and is there any way of changing it?

Are you playing on a map with a sculpted terrain? I suspect the devs may have disabled night time on those maps as they haven't optimised the game maps when large scale alterations have been made (they mentioned this in a livesteam). So I think they're just trying to make sure performance remains consistent on those maps until they release more updates

Last edited:
Are you playing on a map with a sculpted terrain? I suspect the devs may have disabled night time on those maps as they haven't optimised the game maps when large scale alterations have been made (they mentioned this in a livesteam). So I think they're just trying to make sure performance remains consistent on those maps until they release more updates
Yeah it was one of those with those deep valleys.

I've seen this on some you tube vids (Skyes) it runs from 8am to 3pm then fasts forwards again to 8am. I think it's because the devs forget to set the open/close times of the parks and not an actual "bug". When we get the tools to make our own starting parks to share, I guess we will be able to set the open/close times.

It's just the park open and close time set which several parks have different times, the same can be done in the RCT3 scenario editor which has not been added to the menu as yet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom