So this is just an area to talk about what type of holiday you've been on, what was your favourite place, etc. I'm starting this mainly because recently I've been thinking of travelling somewhere by myself. It would be nice to see who has visited what place, whether it was a city break or just for pleasure and to share experiences and offer any advice!

Looking forward to seeing and hearing about where people have visited!

[PATRIOT MODE : ON]

Well, I can talk about the most beautiful country in the world if you want : France
And then ... you have all the other countries [big grin][big grin][big grin]

[PATRIOT MODE : ALWAYS ON]

Just went to the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone. It was awesome. The scenery and animals were amazing. Early June was a great time as the weather was great and the crowds were light.

Orlando is by far the best holiday destination I've ever been to[heart][heart]other places like puerto pollensa in Majorca are also lovely though, coming from the UK I love a bit of sun for a nice change!

Sadly about the only place I've been in the past year is the local hospital! It's not all bad though, they've got a decent drinks machine in now!

I did travel a fair bit solo in my younger years and think city breaks have the most to offer but it depends on what you're into I suppose! Something like New York would be fantastic to do solo as there is so much to do and see there, trouble is it isn't cheap! You can try and combine multiple city breaks into one to keep it fresh, something like three days in two cities would be worthwhile. I did Amsterdam, Prague and Budapest like that years back and it was thoroughly enjoyable!

[PATRIOT MODE : ON]

Well, I can talk about the most beautiful country in the world if you want : France
And then ... you have all the other countries [big grin][big grin][big grin]

[PATRIOT MODE : ALWAYS ON]

Meeh...

Seen it, done it. Come with something new. [tongue]

(Want to go to France so bad right now. Haven't been there since my grandmere passed away. She lived in Montpellier.)

So this is just an area to talk about what type of holiday you've been on, what was your favourite place, etc. I'm starting this mainly because recently I've been thinking of travelling somewhere by myself. It would be nice to see who has visited what place, whether it was a city break or just for pleasure and to share experiences and offer any advice!

Looking forward to seeing and hearing about where people have visited!
Well depends on what you seek. Some travels to cities, some travels to hotel resorts and sandy beaches. Some for adventures, some for the thrills in Theme parks and some for seeing the worlds 7 wonders. [praise]

Some of the coolest travels I've done in my days are seeing cities like Tokyo in Japan, Kairo and the Giza pyramids in Eqypt and the great wall of China outside of Beijing. I recommend them all.
And of course, being to Orlando, Florida, USA, for all the Theme Parks. [up]

Last edited:
Sadly about the only place I've been in the past year is the local hospital! It's not all bad though, they've got a decent drinks machine in now!

I did travel a fair bit solo in my younger years and think city breaks have the most to offer but it depends on what you're into I suppose! Something like New York would be fantastic to do solo as there is so much to do and see there, trouble is it isn't cheap! You can try and combine multiple city breaks into one to keep it fresh, something like three days in two cities would be worthwhile. I did Amsterdam, Prague and Budapest like that years back and it was thoroughly enjoyable!

I was thinking New York and like you said, it isn't cheap. I'm going to be greedy and say that I would want a bit of everything [haha] Although having said that, a nice sandy beach somewhere would be nice! Has anyone been to Cambodia? Or from Cambodia? Since watching Tomb Raider, the ruins and temples just caught my attention!

Speaking Orlando, I live only 3/half hours from there, in the past I did went to Disneyworld=Magic Kingdom boy how much I had fun! So far I find living in Florida is very different and unusual place, Florida has lot's of history! Me living here almost 4 years now. I still have not seen all parts of other Disney Parks yet. Planning next visit in 2017. [bored]

It's about 60+ miles drive from where I live. Its a very straight and fast drive to Orlando if Traffic is not all bad. I'm having withdraws from not going this year. [blah] But its good for my wallet saving up for more Disney parks living in Florida is not cheap lol!

Last edited:
Top Bottom