Real World Theme Parks New Dubai theme park! Ghostbusters, Dreamworks, Hunger Games!

Sawyer1

Planet Coaster Ambassador
[woah][woah][woah][woah][woah][woah][woah][woah][woah][woah][woah][woah][woah][woah][woah][woah][woah]

[video]https://www.facebook.com/themeparkreview/videos/10154161498863566/[/video]

This looks insane! GHOSTBUSTERS!!!!!

Last edited:
Maybe because im not a huge fan of the majority of franchises used here (except probably Ghostbusters) but...
it doesnt seem particularly impressive?
The exterior parts look super blocky (RCT3 would be proud) and empty, even on the CGI renditions, and while understanding the idea behind the dreamworks zone, being all inside a building (Dubai gets super hot most of the year), I dont know if cramping those 3 franchises into a building works that good, as weve seen this frqanchises in other theme parks on outside zones, and are much spectacular. I have to say, if the lighting of the "sky" works like in the CGI, it could be cool though.

And of course its in Dubai, the paradise mostly build for rich people. I dont know how affordable for normal families is going to this theme park.

Last edited:

Sawyer1

I don't agree with many things in many places but we're on a theme park game page and it's a subject about theme parks, I thought people might be interested. Wont bother next time. [up]

I wish this park were located in Europe or USA. I will never go to Dubai so I will never visit this park.

Last edited:
Now that Dreamworks 'theme park in a box' part just gets me wanting a tool in Planet Coaster, to draw out a box which blocks out ambient light [big grin] [up]

I don't agree with many things in many places but we're on a theme park game page and it's a subject about theme parks, I thought people might be interested. Wont bother next time. [up]

Although i think we all know that Saudi Arabia is not the best place to talk about anything remotely good coming from the governement and people suffering, talking only from a theme park sense, it really surprises me that the park itself, or what they wanted to show, didnt look like exciting compared to other parks in europe, america and japan.

I thank you for bringing hte news about a new theme park construction I didnt know about, really, but at the moment it doesnt seem that exciting, at least, how the guy described everything on the video and the CGI parts.
If you find anything more about other new parks, please, keep posting them :D

Last edited:
Huh ? [blah]
It's not because I have critical judgment about a topic of news you post that it mean it is not good that you post.
I mean, when I criticize something in a newspaper, I am not criticizing the journalist, but the subject.

It's just a reaction to you thread, and my opinion (well, some sad facts too) about its policals, its location (and the consequences of that geographical position), and also ... the lack of quality of the park itself (which is shame too)

Anyway, It does not mean that you should not post this kind of thing, because, to be honest, it's pretty cool to talk about it. [yesnod]

Sawyer1

Sorry about my outburst. I replied right after I had an incident over at the other forum.

Love you all, #cosmiccowwow

Article 19 of The Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

"Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers."
... [mad]

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
... [mad]

Please remember that when you signed up to the forum you agreed to abide by the forum rules set by Frontier.

In particular the following.

This is a family friendly forum; we would appreciate against the usage of swearing or masked swearing.

The full list can be found here.

Forum Rules and Guidelines

If you disagree with a moderator decision you are free to appeal to the community manager.

Thanks .

Lets get back on topic now please.

Last edited:
Yes, I saw that clip the other day. Looks like an amazing project. [happy]
Although, the location. Of course oil rish countries with a lot of empty desert space to spare can build Theme Parks. Dubai have kind of being famous for several crazy projects already. Yet, the façade with Amercian engineers and happy American movie characters in a Theme Park built far away in a Midle East Sharia govern country as the United Arab Emirates. [mouth shut]

I have actual been there. Only at the airport though, waiting while our airplane was refilled before we continued to China. It was... an awkward experience....

Last edited:
Top Bottom