Track Rides Der fliegende Holländer - Work in Progress

Hi Guys! :D I'm building a "The flying Dutchman" (Der fliegende Holländer) inspired Rapids Ride. It is not finished yet but i wanted to post some Work in Progress Pictures. Starting with the Queue located in the Show Building:

kONxVDD.jpg

59M1Is8.jpg

(More Queue is being worked on) And now a few shots of the Station so far:

x5aeogc.jpg

NUa0Aq5.jpg

I hope you like it, and i'll keep you posted :D

Last edited:
Hi Guys! :D I'm building a "The flying Dutchman" (Der fliegende Holländer) inspired Rapids Ride. It is not finished yet but i wanted to post some Work in Progress Pictures. Starting with the Queue located in the Show Building:

[URL="http://s1108.photobucket.com/...er/PlanetCoaster 2017-07-09 02-07-39-00_1.jpg[/URL][/url]

[URL="http://s1108.photobucket.com/...ster/PlanetCoaster 2017-07-09 00-49-40-81.jpg[/URL][/url]

(More Queue is being worked on) And now a few shots of the Station so far:

[URL="http://s1108.photobucket.com/...ster/PlanetCoaster 2017-07-09 00-44-46-80.jpg[/URL][/url]

[URL="http://s1108.photobucket.com/...ster/PlanetCoaster 2017-07-09 00-44-59-52.jpg[/URL][/url]

I hope you like it, and i'll keep you posted :D

I see where your inspiration is coming from ;). Nice work!

But the actual (real) ride is in the Netherlands, not in Germany. It's a dutch story / legend aswell.. So referring to a German translation (der Fliegende Holländer), isn't correct. The only right and original name in Dutch is "De Vliegende Hollander"...

I see where your inspiration is coming from ;). Nice work!

But the actual (real) ride is in the Netherlands, not in Germany. It's a dutch story / legend aswell.. So referring to a German translation (der Fliegende Holländer), isn't correct. The only right and original name in Dutch is "De Vliegende Hollander"...

I think he knows this and he was inspired by the original ride at the Coaster Head Meeting a week ago. ;) In Germany, we also know about the legend of the "Flying Dutchman" and yes, we call exactly the same legend "Der fliegende Holländer".

I think he knows this and he was inspired by the original ride at the Coaster Head Meeting a week ago. ;) In Germany, we also know about the legend of the "Flying Dutchman" and yes, we call exactly the same legend "Der fliegende Holländer".

Sure, but why he mentioned a German translation of a Dutch legend between brackets at an English forum? Is the German community so big here ;)? Like If the original story, name or ride is German?!?

Maybe it's a culture thing. See the movies. In Holland we watch everything original with subtitels. In Germany every foreign movie is messed up with fake German voices... to make everything 'German'...

Last edited:
Sure, but why he mentioned a German translation of a Dutch legend between brackets at an English forum? Is the German community so big here ;)? Like If the original story, name or ride is German?!?

Maybe it's a culture thing. See the movies. In Holland we watch everything original with subtitels. In Germany every foreign movie is messed up with fake German voices... to make everything 'German'...

Ok to avoid confusion: Of course the original legend is Dutch, and yes I am well aware that the ride is in de Efteling. I wanted to build an inspired ride, and chose the german Name of that Legend. I could have called it "de vliegende hollander" or "the Flying Dutchman". But just to mix it up a bit I chose the names version in my native toungue. And since it is NOT a total recreation I can call it whatever I want ;)

Ok to avoid confusion: Of course the original legend is Dutch, and yes I am well aware that the ride is in de Efteling. I wanted to build an inspired ride, and chose the german Name of that Legend. I could have called it "de vliegende hollander" or "the Flying Dutchman". But just to mix it up a bit I chose the names version in my native toungue. And since it is NOT a total recreation I can call it whatever I want ;)

Haha ok, now I understand it's your name of your Planet Coaster ride between the brackets, and not meant to give the original name of the legend / ride after an Englisch translation...

This is looking gorgeous, Crowdy. When we were all in the queue last weekend, I knew I wasn't the only one picking it all apart and re-building it in Planet Coaster in my head. It's a very inspiring ride and I love your slant on it using the Rapids. I can't wait to see more. :D

This is looking gorgeous, Crowdy. When we were all in the queue last weekend, I knew I wasn't the only one picking it all apart and re-building it in Planet Coaster in my head. It's a very inspiring ride and I love your slant on it using the Rapids. I can't wait to see more. :D

Thank you very much :) Your encouraging words really mean a lot to me :)

Thank you everbody for your kind words :) Progess is a bit slow, because integrating the Ride into a Body of Water proved difficult. I'm working on a workaround now, that will make it easier to just plonk down in a Park.

Maybe one should also mentioned, that the saga behind the ride's story was used by the german composer Richard Wagner for his Opera "Der fliegende Holländer". :captlockjaw:

Crowdpleaser, I love what I seeing and your ride is very much inspired by the ride in Efteling. I think, it's very difficult for anyone who was at that meeting in Efteling to build currently something in Planet Coaster without a touch of Efteling's magic. I have the same little issues :] with my new park.

And I hope there will be another meeting in Efteling next year too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom