Parks C.O.A. Dreamland Kingdom

Episode 1: Building a new park...

After C.O.A. Park and C.O.A. Boulevard were created, I thought of building something more classic and more detailed. Especially during building of the C.O.A. Boulevard park I learned more skills on clever and good looking usage of scenery and that learning experience is now flowing into this third park, which will go more into details, but still with the aim to become a full park and FPS friendly... One thing which I saw in many creations, is that most buildings and many of the standard scenery pieces are much to big compared to reality, that's why I try to overcome this here in that park, by concentrating on small scenery pieces and following imagineering tricks like forced perspective and decoration limited to guest view...

ZdDKzgh.jpg

Z9aLkQn.jpg

Not easy and very time consuming, so a mixture between lean usage of pieces with still good quality... I know thats contradictory, but in the end the park should still be playable with acceptable fps, so there must be a way... Three months of work are already gone, and there is nothing really finished in that main-street-like "front park section" to be shown... But I give it a try here with a first picture to show you where this is going to... As already in my first two parks, also here everything will be built by myself only, no usage of other blueprints, except some great inspiration...[wink]

aN7UwO4.jpg

p1q11nD.jpg

In the next weeks and months I will share here progress and pictures. So more coming soon. I hope you like what you will see, and I would like to hear your feedback... Until then - a lot of greets!
Corkscrewloop[happy]

Last edited:
Thanks to the Studios Pack DLC, there are new parts available which provide new possibilities. Unfortunately this means to rework many of the already created parts of the park, before they can be showed here...

S8mwGoc.jpg

One thing the new park should have are unique tales and characters, like a real theme park. Here is a first postcard...
JFAaQYf.jpg

Progress is going on, I hope I can soon continue with episode 2... Hope you like what you see, wish you best regards and a lot of greets.
Corkscrewloop[happy]

Corkscrewloop....I love it, new characters and all. I think this park is going to be top notch. Keep sharing your progress. :)

Very Disney-ish, but very lovely ^^
Thanks a lot RedHair! Lovely looks... thats what I'm aiming for. [happy]

looking great
Thank you so much wowman!

Corkscrewloop....I love it, new characters and all. I think this park is going to be top notch. Keep sharing your progress. :)
Tillietwos, thank you so much! ...top notch...[wacky]... Your stuff is top notch!!! (Those easter bunnies are amazing!!!). I'm just checking some real life parks and try to build similar stuff... Its the community which inspires me so much...[happy]

Episode 2: Entrance and Main Trainstation...

Welcome to episode two, so finally its here. This is all about the entrance and the main trainstation in the background. Yes you can (partially) see where the inspiration is coming from... ;). As I wrote, this is going to be a classic one... The entrance part features three entrance buildings with ticket shops, the entrance-plaza behind with two large passages on each side of the trainstation, leading to the front plaza and main street part (the main area of the park).

As you can see a little on the side... There is already one of the major attractions built, the wooden rollercoaster, but more on that later...[big grin] Trash bins are working (they hold a standard trash bin from the game inside) and are colored in different colors depending on the part of the park...

Lets have a look on the entrance part...
qvmornN.jpg

Zoomed view with the tegidcam (amazing feature) when approaching the park...
Z03hJFP.jpg

The entrance building / ticket shop
sewb0KM.jpg

ticket shop with one of the new wall pieces from the studios pack...
kYPMhCJ.jpg

The gates and behind the right passage under the trainstation.
ApVereC.jpg

I like the staff building on the right, it should look nice and matching to the rest, but still not creating attention, as its just side decoration...
MU6qwBC.jpg

The passage at night... I'm not sure if I will add billboards on the walls, as it would just be too much... I like those lamps - The lamps from the spooky pack are amazing... some of the most beautiful parts in the game... Simple but elegant.
7MD8cOM.jpg

Ok, now the trainstation... Of course with a lot of inspiration, and following the forced perspective... The lighthouse on the right belongs to the wooden rollercoaster... but as said, more on that later...[happy]
bV8Uc1S.jpg

CNV4z6I.jpg

And an aerial night view... can't show you too much yet, as so much is still unfinished.
PtIUAdM.jpg

To get a good realistic size of the park, this time I started to build from the middle of the map. So I first started with the landmark - the castle. Then I layed out the main street area (still strongly in work) and the front plaza, surrounded it with the woodie and started on the trainstation and the entrance...
Hope you like what you see, would love to hear your comments... Episode three will come next, but will take some time...

A lot of greets, Corkscrewloop[happy]

Last edited:
I have enjoyed your previous parks and I am looking forward to the release of this park when you get done with it. However, I do have a question concerning your previous parks when it comes to the parking lots. Did you use some type of texture for the parking lot itself? I am not talking about the parking lines as I know those are blueprints. Keep up the good work.

I have enjoyed your previous parks and I am looking forward to the release of this park when you get done with it. However, I do have a question concerning your previous parks when it comes to the parking lots. Did you use some type of texture for the parking lot itself? I am not talking about the parking lines as I know those are blueprints. Keep up the good work.

Thanks a lot for your nice comment, Eaglefan! Regarding your question... It's much easier. I've built the parking lots always with paths only.[wink]

Episode Three - The Front Plaza...

It's over a week now, since we got the pictures from the entrance and the main trainstation. But the park needed to grow and so many evenings of work went by to bring that front plaza forward and in a state where the buildings are finally placed all around and most of the decoration arrived... A lot of things were already there before, but not in a state to show around... And even now its just the buildings, but not all scenery and decoration etc. is there, there might be more in the future.

So lets start, the front plaza is here... This is the place where the park really starts, where the adventure begins... And what couldn't more emphasize on that, than to have here already one of the headlining attractions of the park... So to keep this part of the park attractive, here we found on the right, beautifully matching, the wooden rollercoaster with its landmark the lighthousetower.

SjFbmgB.jpg

An aerial view of this park section.
The wooden gazebo building in the middle as the small centerpiece. On the right the entrance to the wooden coaster, on the left the annual pass office, with C.O.A.'s bookstore and the first aid station.

Wm4MYeC.jpg

One of the new characters entertaining the guests... I really tried to build it small so it matches the parkguests... He gets nice attention (thanks to the photopoint feature).

gtXhiiH.jpg

Classic wooden decoration surrounding the paths to attract guests and create the beautiful atmosphere.

HNU2qts.jpg

34EMW36.jpg

The admin building with guest office and C.O.A.'s bookstore... built with building pieces from the new studios pack...

E1a9AH9.jpg

And the view into the other direction... Behind the gallery building, also built partially with pieces from the new studios pack.

6er3Mdt.jpg

Again the same building, on the left one of the gates to the backlot... no access for guests of course. If they ever add a "parade" feature to the game, then it will enter or exit there...

LhpVnsT.jpg

oT4PHfG.jpg

The wooden coaster gets too much high attention... ok, there is no other attraction there yet, so that might be the reason... ;)

vayQAPI.jpg

The queue is inside the building... in one of the next episodes we will get pics from that coaster.

5aYuxra.jpg

What a view... taken from the far left side of the train station, when you exit the train... How about more?

Hope you like what you see! Love to read your feedback![happy]
A lot of greets, Corkscrewloop

Last edited:
Beautiful work as always. All the architecture is top-notch but what caught my eye the most was the custom trees ;)

Thanks Bullethead! So great that you are back! You mean the 6 pieces custom tree creates even more attention than the 900 pieces building behind...[mouth shut][wink]... But you are right... There is no small tree to put on walkways in front of buildings in PC... so I built it with some bushes and a round wooden beam... very simple. [happy]

Last edited:
Thanks Bullethead! So great that you are back! You mean the 6 pieces custom tree creates even more attention than the 900 pieces building behind...[mouth shut][wink]... But you are right... There is no small tree to put on walkways in front of buildings in PC... so I built it with some bushes and a round wooden beam... very simple. [happy]

Hehehe, well, you should take it as a compliment that I spotted your custom trees despite the distraction of the fancy buildings all over. They show your commitment to go that extra mile to get the exact look you want :).

And they do look great. When I 1st saw them in a shot, I was thinking, "Hey great, they now have little trees. They must have been in one of the DLCs that came out in my absence. But then I looked closer and saw they were custom and I thought, "That's genius! I'll have to steal that idea!"

Episode Four - A lightly themed wooden rollercoaster

First of all, thank you Bullethead and Fisherman for your nice comments! It's been a while since the last episode, so its time for a new one, so here it is... Episode Four... This one is going to be big. I've prepared 20 screenshots showing off the first real attraction of the park - the wooden rollercoaster, which is named Newport Screamer...

It was the idea to have a major ride near the entrance, to keep the "main street" busy and create attraction to the front plaza, so that guests get nicely dispersed over the whole park and do not concentrate in one of the back areas... Normally woodies are more pure coasters, but in Dreamland Kingdom all rides need to be themed and therefore the question to the imageneers was, how to theme a woodie, so that it also matches the classic main street front plaza style? Well the decision fell onto a lightly New England style and Sea themeing with elements of a harbour village area next to the ride. Combined with the park train, which runs through that scene and also surrounding the coaster to return into the main station, there needed to be more details to emphasize the themeing, so a shipwreck was added and most of all the iconic landmark of that ride - the huge light-house.

Ewtl2DK.jpg

The lighthouse already visible from the train station and entrance... Immediatly creating attention...

KAYjowx.jpg

The classic University building in front is just the entrance... Behind there is a separate building, being the station of the ride.

jIQctmW.jpg

A first look at the ride shows one more challenge... The ride should not tower the plaza, so it must not exceed a certain height... Imagineers lowered the ground and also added two medium sized lifthills, instead of one large one... This also gives more ride and brake sections, allowing the ride to be operated up to four trains at the same time.

d2gwXyt.jpg

The station with the light-house behind... A beautiful view...

YXapP25.jpg

Waiting area with the queue in the University building... The mermaid statue announces the themeing...

iy6wosO.jpg

Then the queue leaves the first building, passes underneath the coaster track to bring the guests into the station on the opposite side.

aqW3lAH.jpg

Who hasn't seen them?[wink] They are real enthusiasts... arent they? I've seen them in many parks already...[wacky] But look at the woman in the green pullover, she seem not so sure, if she should go on a rollercoaster and checks out the ride... Well the sight is nice:

fV36g65.jpg

The two lifthills next to each other in the evening sun... enlighted by blue lights...

U0MDc7l.jpg

So lets check out that ride... here the train leaves the station to turn into the first lifthill...

MeQTIfz.jpg

While it looks small from the plaza, it actually doesn't look so small anymore, once you are on the top of the lifthill...

EmkyRD2.jpg

The shipwreck... splitted by the ride, which speeds and dives below the middle part of the wreck, acting as a tunnel.

yeGJD4w.jpg

Guests using the parktrain have a great view on the coaster... In front the second lifthill with the large park sign.

bNQINfK.jpg

When the train drops from the second lifthill it speeds very fast for the iconic turn around the light-house and a small real tunnel, before it reaches the brakes, next the coaster-depot.

ZtgftB2.jpg

Nicely enlighted at night...

9QU2foh.jpg

The harbour village with the shed on the right. When riding the coaster you have a fantastic view on that scene enhancing the experience.

0A6FWYn.jpg

My favourite picture of the set... sunsets gone and the parktrain at nighttime leaving the tunnel and diving into that "New England" styled harbour village scene... all towered by the marvelous castle in the background...

3DgUXvi.jpg

The same scene at daytime...

Wzianne.jpg

Then crossing the small steelbridge and heading to circle the wooden coaster...

GhktTdm.jpg

This screenshot was done using the tegidcam feature...

FIC9qva.jpg

Again a view from the front plaza onto the entrance and light-house...

xdpqir8.jpg

And again that hrbour scene in the evening sun...[happy]

Now that was episode four finally... And with this I look out for the next episodes which will be about the "Centuries Avenue" - the main street of Dreamland Kingldom, but that will take time, as there is still a lot of work to be done...

I hope you like what you see, and would so much like to read your feedback!
A lot of greets!
Corkscrewloop[happy]

Top Bottom