Content update next week?

So we all know that there are 3 phases of the alpha with about 6 weeks between phases. Next week would be week 3 of phase 1 and i think would be the perfect time for a small content update.
What do you guys think?

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
So we all know that there are 3 phases of the alpha with about 6 weeks between phases. Next week would be week 3 of phase 1 and i think would be the perfect time for a small content update.
What do you guys think?

I think every day is a pefect day for another update [tongue]

but like they stated, things are ready when they are ready ...

I would like some feedback however. Just to know how they feel about the release thus far, the feedback they received, the bugs they received. And ofcourse what they think about what we have done with the game so far [big grin]

I think that the upcoming weeks will only be fixes and improvements rather then actual content, it can be a development mess if you both fix and add stuff since the new stuff can also break or break existing things, reminds me of the early days of Kerbal Space Program...

Anyway i personally think we will see new features and rides in the next phase [woah]

I think every day is a pefect day for another update [tongue]

but like they stated, things are ready when they are ready ...

I would like some feedback however. Just to know how they feel about the release thus far, the feedback they received, the bugs they received. And ofcourse what they think about what we have done with the game so far [big grin]

I dont want to rush them at all. If they need even more time then so be it.
I dont spend much time on the bug forum but from my knowledge, serious bugs in this are pretty none existent?
Most of the game breaking crashes iv seen reported are mostly user problems rather than the game itself. Please correct me if im wrong.
Again this isnt a "I want more content now!" thread.
When do you think we could see new content? What would you guys like to see come first?
Do you think Frontier will get back to their old ways of teasing us with new images ect before the new content? Or will they just announce it?

Hi,

I think Frontier must continue the "hype train".
And it's became with regular update contents.
Even it's small update with dozens of objects, they'll should do.

Or

give us more "in project" pictures, videos... but it's more works than little update ^^

I'd agree that now feels like a good time for some developer feedback. The first days of the Alpha saw lots of good feedback, particularly around the pathing and modular building aspects and it would be good to know what Frontier's plans are to address some of those comments. I don't think we necessarily need an updated client, but perhaps a livestream showing off the latest build or simply just discussing what changes are planned.

-Signed. Even if no content updates are planned, please provide some sort of info as to how our initial feedback was received and what the team is working on. Kerrash said he would ask last week about some sort of weekly update like they had in Elite Dangerous, I wonder what happened...[where is it]

Would be cool if they slowly revealed for what is definitely confirmed to be in-game.

Well, ANY communication is welcome at this point. [heart]

Last edited:

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
Im agreeing with all of you ...

But at the same time lets not forget the game's release is probably over 6 month's away, so we shouldn't expect them to tell us about features all that often.
And the Alpha has been released only 2 weeks ago [tongue]

Altough i agree, it seems like an eternity. And maybe we were a bit spoiled after the 2 livestreams that both contained an hour on information in the week leading up to the EB release.

So i can understand they don't have too much news on the game just yet, as we just got a lot of information due to the Alpha.
I would like to hear how THEY think about the alpha. Did everything go according to plan? What do they think of the feedback they have gotten? What do they think about the amount of bugs? (i can only imagine they are relieved by the "lack" of serious bugs)...etc etc. Just their opinion about the last 2 weeks, even if they can't say much about the game.

Last edited:
What do you guys think?

haha this feels like asking your mother for next week's pocket money on Tuesday.

I'm very used to this type of release because I am an iRacing member. They have a huge update to the sim every 3 months so 4 times a year. In the time between the updates they don't really say much then about a week before the update they either tease or outright reveal whats going to be in the update, and they always deliver the best content if you're into racing sims. I imagine they will do something similar here. I'm pretty sure their hard at work and right before the update they'll tell us what will be in it. I doubt they want to run into a situation where they tease something then it turns out its not going to be in the next update because of something unforeseen.

I would like to hear how THEY think about the alpha. Did everything go according to plan? What do they think of the feedback they have gotten? What do they think about the amount of bugs? (i can only imagine they are relieved by the "lack" of serious bugs)...etc etc. Just their opinion about the last 2 weeks, even if they can't say much about the game.

+1 YES! I want to see THEM drinking champagne! Even if they can't talk about any updates or content. I'd even settle for a news letter. [tongue]

Will we get some of the new Fantasy theme in the next update?

I think that the next theme they have showcased is indeed a Fantasy one. I think that they call it "Fairy Tale" internally.
Whether it is coming for the next alpha update..remains to be seen. The next one is about the terrain tools and the coaster builder, they have not said anything about more themes for the alpha.

Last edited:
Top Bottom