Parks continue to run when game minimized or when in other park

An idea that would maybe be cool some day is that if there was a possibility that parks continue to run when we don't play the game or when we will be in other park. Sure, as an option and not automatically there.

It would be nice because it will be closer to reality. When a manager is not in the park, the park doesn't close. It will continue to run. Furthermore, it could add the possibility to manage multiple parks at the same time with central money that is share among these parks.

So with this continuous mode, you would be require (if you want everything right) to go to the park from time to time to be sure that there's no big issue, to implement new rides, to make publicity, to manage employees, etc.

And maybe hotels after this... and why not having different transports (monorail, boat, etc.) between the parks. In general, have a feeling like other people suggest to manage kind of "Disney world". I know, probably to complicated to integrate all these things together, but I can dream [yesnod]...

Last edited:
I'm not sure if it would be possible to do while the game is minimized, but I'd love to have it where you could be operating multiple parks at the same time and having one big bank account for all of the parks to spend. Something like Six Flags. Or you could take it a step further and have multiple parks in the same resort, and have multiple resorts with a single bank account. That'd be more like Disney or Universal, which is honestly my dream. I want to be able to build multiple parks right near each other, eventually adding hotels, water parks, etc.

So something like this:

1. Company money: $50
a) Resort 1 money: $40​
i) Park 1 money: $25
ii) Park 2 money: $15​
b) Resort 2 money: $10​
i) Park 1 money: $10

Not sure if that makes sense but yeah [haha] And you could use money from Park 1 in Resort 1 to invest in Park 1 in Resort 2. The managing aspect is huge for me.

Last edited:
It can work with closing down/minimized, it works by that the software detect the time next time you start the game, and do calculations based on that. It would not be exact same thing but it would be similar. Guests may be at same position I think, but the economy, date, decay etc can have progressed.
But whether I want it or not? I am not sure. Feels odd to me. For me it is enough to watch it while it go on maximum speed. Maybe for inferior computers that can't run on maximum speed?

It can work with closing down/minimized, it works by that the software detect the time next time you start the game, and do calculations based on that. It would not be exact same thing but it would be similar. Guests may be at same position I think, but the economy, date, decay etc can have progressed.
But whether I want it or not? I am not sure. Feels odd to me. For me it is enough to watch it while it go on maximum speed. Maybe for inferior computers that can't run on maximum speed?

I though to this more to be able to manage a giant empire like Disney. Maybe it's not the best way to do this, but I would so much like to be able to manage multiple parks and big entertainment at a higher level.

One small way to implement multi-park could be through transport rides. You could have a transport ride (like monorail) where one side exits in your park, and the other side is a link to another of your parks. It wouldn't do anything unless you decided to ride it yourself, which would then cause a loading screen while the 1st park is saved and the 2nd park is loaded. This could be expanded further by allowing links to other people's parks if both people accept the invitation for the link.

The only problem I see with linking multiple users is that each person's park would need to be available "in the cloud", not just on their PC, which is completely do-able, and may be the way it already is.

Could you see a team of people working together, each assigned a different park of a larger development? It would be like Magic Kingdom, Epcot, CA Adventure, MGM Studio, Wild Animal Kingdom. All would be "linked" by monorail. What a cool thing that would be!

Last edited:
I'd be fine with the game continuing to function while minimised. But I wouldn't want my parks to keep playing while I'm in another park. Having central money across multiple parks sounds like it'd be really easy to earn money. Where would the challenge be once your park is even slightly profitable. Just wait long enough and you'll have all the money you need. Build several, small, profitable parks and you'll always have money coming in.

I'd rather just focus on 1 park at a time. No influence from outside things.

You've a good point Thyslos, it would be too easy to make money.

My idea is more to manage a kind of Walt Disney World with different parks and transport rides between each park... But it could be as simple as gigantic maps and we draw a region like Cities Skylines... this region will be another park. And we can define park admission price, operating hours, publicity, etc. for that park.

What do you think about that?

I think we are going beyond the games capabilities here. Frontier have enough to deal with already, without getting into multi park management linked with transport rides and whatever. I will just be happy to manage my own park to be honest, without complicating the issue. But everyone is entitled to their suggestions and whether these suggestions are feasible, is down to Frontier at the end of the day.

Coasterbuff, I agree with you, it's beyond the game capabilities... at least at launch. But this suggestions is beyond this point.

I'll be perfectly happy to have a well running game with good animations, well designed UI and UGC at launch. After this, in many months or years, it will be good to see more expansions and ideas come into the game.

Coasterbuff, I agree with you, it's beyond the game capabilities... at least at launch. But this suggestions is beyond this point.

I'll be perfectly happy to have a well running game with good animations, well designed UI and UGC at launch. After this, in many months or years, it will be good to see more expansions and ideas come into the game.
+1

And I'm agree with Coasterbuff only about the "Frontier have enough to deal with already", but clearly not with "we are going beyong the games capabilities here". This is absolutely and completely wrong !

Quite the opposite in fact.

Go "outside of the park" is definitely the next step for a game like this, if they want to be innovative.

Maybe, but I don't think we will see this until after final release at the earliest.
I dont know...

If we take everything from this thread, some things are clearly conceivable :

- Manage multiple parks : We dont know, maybe it's planned from the beginning, we have no info.
- Hotels : It's clearly possible, at least a simulated version like the actual restaurants (check this in the CHC forum)
- Transports (monorail, boat, etc) : We already have train, i'm 100% sure it's not the only type they planned
- water parks : Well, okay, maybe this one is highly unlikely. A matter of time.

For me, the only thing that is impossible is ... to put everything on the same map
(and just in case i'm wrong on this particular point, even if it's almost impossible, with a sort of "procedural generation map mixed with a new high tech LOD management" or I dont know how ... well ... congratulations Frontier, you are world champions ...)

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
I would like to play with one park at a time. It would be a nightmare if all of my other parks would be running in the background, when i load one of the previous parks, to discover it went wrong in any way. I prefer my parks freeze in time when I save them, to continue on the saved time later.

A connected group of parks like Disney sounds nice, but personally I prefer to have an overview of everything at the same time, which means that I prefer to not have another park next to my park that is running and connected, but can't be seen and checked in real time, only after loading it up, leaving the current park. I would like one park at a time. [up]

Top Bottom